• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox head Phil Spencer says console subscription model ‘will be critical to Xbox Series X launch and the next-gen’

Status
Not open for further replies.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Announced in October 2019, Xbox All Access bundles let customers pay monthly for a new Xbox console and a Game Pass Ultimate subscription.

The model, which includes an option to buy an Xbox One and later upgrade to Xbox Series X, has been successfully tested in several markets, Xbox boss Phil Spencer said during the Gamelab Live conference on Wednesday.

Asked how hard Microsoft plans to push the subscription model going forward, he responded: “Xbox All Access is going to be critical to both our launch for Xbox Series X as well as just the overall kind of generation.

“We want to bring our whole customer base along and we want to offer options and opportunities wherever we can.”

Xbox All Access has been trialled in the US, UK and Australia.

“The response that we’ve seen where we’ve tested Xbox All Access has been great but it’s been limited in terms of the market, so you’re going to see a much broader market and retailer support for Xbox All Access,” Spencer said.

“It matches a model that customers use for many other devices that they buy and as you have services that are attached to those devices that people love it just becomes an easier way to bring a great product to customers.

“And we should also just understand the global economic situation that we’re going to see this year, we’re seeing it today, and I think having more pricing options for consumers is frankly just a thoughtful thing for us as an industry to think about,” Spencer added.

“Whether it’s Game Pass and me getting access to hundreds of games for a lower amount each month or things like Xbox All Access that let me get into a new hardware generation without the big upfront cost, I think those are going to be important things with the economic situation that we see outside.”

Spencer also said on Wednesday that he feels Xbox Series X has an advantage over PlayStation 5 when it comes to launch games and hardware.

go here: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/xbox...to-bring-great-products-to-customers.1550850/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom