• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

xbox HD gaming help!

rod

Banned
so ive read everywhere that to set your xbox games to run 480p/720p/1080i you need to set it up in your MS dashboard under settings. i see video settings but only widescreen and PAL60 are there :?:?:?

any reasons why its not showing those options?

Burger

Yes, because you have a PAL xbox.

If it is modded, use the Enigmah Videomode Switchdisc. If it is unmodded, you'll have to softmod it to do this. Google it.

You also NEED to have an official Xbox HD Pack, or similar 3rd party device.

rod

Banned
the hd pack is what, just the component cables? is anything else needed? i have the xbox component cables and such, xbox is modded, is that program still floating around anywhere?

rod

Banned
thanks nick, i already have that dashboard, but it does not have that program. BUT, i did find it and switched so all is good. all i need is component cables right?>

Burger

Yes.

Whatever component cables you use must short a few pins on the av connector so the xbox thinks that a HD pack is connected. I would assume that all 3rd party cables do this.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
HD options don't appear unless you have component cables connected.

Its a bit fucked up, as my TV doesn't support interlaced video over component, so I can't actually go in there and set HD resolutions as I can't see the screen beforehand.

I'm concerned about what I'll do with 360 - I'll probably need to connect up with composite to change the settings (at least I hope that'll work)

rod

Banned
ohhhhhhhhh, so they dont appear until you have them connected, i HAD them connected at first, then i changed the cables back thinking that theyd be still there, hence, gone :)

mrklaw, thats definitive though? they ALWAYS appear when component cables are connected? does the xbox detect them or some shit *n00b to HD shit*

Burger

Yes, you MUST connect component cables.

Klaw, turn your xbox on without a disc in (wait for a few secs for the dash to load), press both triggers, and push both thumbsticks in. The xbox SHOULD go into progressive mode, you can enable your options from there.

The dashboard will default to progressive scan until you remove the component cables.

Burger

rod said:
mrklaw, thats definitive though? they ALWAYS appear when component cables are connected? does the xbox detect them or some shit *n00b to HD shit*

The AV plug on the Xbox has 4 pins, which when shorted (i.e. connected to each other, grounding the signal) allow the Xbox to find out what kind of AV Pack you are using.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Burger said:
Yes, you MUST connect component cables.

Klaw, turn your xbox on without a disc in (wait for a few secs for the dash to load), press both triggers, and push both thumbsticks in. The xbox SHOULD go into progressive mode, you can enable your options from there.

The dashboard will default to progressive scan until you remove the component cables.

what dash/rom does that require? I have an executer chip (PAL Xbox)

Top Bottom