• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Gamescom Presentation - Discussion Thread (Now with voting added)

How would you rate the Xbox stream?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was a decent show, definitely not as good as their E3 presentation tho or the post-E3 show they held with Parris holding.

Once again for me the Forza stuff was the best part; I LOVED the plane flying by; gave me so many good mid '90s SEGA arcade racing vibes a la Super GT, Daytona USA, SEGA Rally etc. I hope there's some kind of large carnival attraction they've captured into the game because that'd complete those classic SEGA racing vibes for me. And of course, visually there's little out there on its level.

But I think they tried to have their cake and eat it too by closing yet another event with it, so I can understand if for some it didn't have quite the punch as a closer this time it did at their E3 show back in June. Aside from that in terms of the big games there wasn't too much in it for me: not too much into zombie stuff these days so Dying Light 2 and the update for State of Decay 2 weren't too hype even tho they look good enough. Nice to see they're staying consistent with Sea of Thieves content, too.

Honestly surprised they had so little for The Gunk there. The game's still coming this year, right? Very little new stuff they showed on it and that was disappointing. Very surprised no updates on Bright Memory Infinite or even Scorn; those were two early showcases that got me very interested and it feels like they're ghosts ATM especially BMI. Also this isn't to the content of the show itself but, while the presentation production was really good, and I liked Parris and Kate as hosts, to me it seemed a bit stiff/awkward with them whenever they were presenting together, with some noticeable pauses happening at times with Parris that I didn't notice the last event he noted. They're gonna have to work on that synergy and make it feel more organic if they do another event together, but I see the potential with them as a hosting duo.

I was thinking something would be mentioned Halo Infinite-wise to take some of the sting of the co-op/Forge info off but alas it was a no-show. Maybe just a simple announcement of the next planned flight would've been enough, but nothing. I liked a lot of the indies they showed tho and aside from Forza those were probably my personal favorite parts of the show.

Overall, yeah, I'd say it was a mostly decent show, but definitely not as strong as their E3 showcase (honestly tho it was never going to be because Gamescom is not E3) or their post-E3 showcase. But the new Forza Horizon 5 footage and some of the indie games they showed made the event worth it for me.

Was it enough to wash away some of the people upset over the Halo Infinite news tho? Probably not, so they still need to do something with that game to curb any deflating the delay news might've had for some folks.

reksveks

What's xbox showing tomorrow then? what time is ONL?

I really need to give SOD2 a chance, the nextlander guys made it look like fun.

Last edited:

Jemm

Was that not what this was?
This was just some Xbox showcase. From the link above:
The Opening Night Live stream begins [tomorrow] with a 30-minute pre-show at 10:30 AM PT / 1:30 PM ET, followed by the main show at 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET. The live stream, according to a tweet from Geoff Keighley, will showcase "30+ games" in "a big two hour show filled with news, first looks, gameplay, and much more." The pre-show will also feature eight reveals of its own according to another Keighley tweet.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Rivet Rivet What's so funny about me saying "I wouldn't be surprised if Halo is shown tomorrow?"

Tomorrow is when Gamescom officially starts, considering Geoff is doing his ONL show, I figured it just made sense. Thought I'd mention it as people were bummed, and were unaware that show was happening. 🤷‍♂️

Are Sony fans just laughing at every Halo mention in here? Jesus Christ, all of you console praisers need to chill with your plastic box worship, lmao.

Last edited:

elliot5

i refuse to get my hypes up for Halo tomorrow. Halo Infinite being included in the Gamescom awards listing makes me think it MUST be there in some fashion though...

intbal

*Not really a post about this event, but partially relevant*

2001 Halo
2004 Halo 2
2007 Halo 3
2009 ODST
2010 Reach
2012 Halo 4
2015 Halo 5
2021 ....

We've never gone more than two years without a Halo game. It's now been five.

Bonnie "hire for inclusion, not merit" Ross, your legacy is on the line. If Halo Infinite isn't dramatically better than the previous two games, may your name forever be a curse word in the halls of gaming.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Rivet Rivet What's so funny about me saying "I wouldn't be surprised if Halo is shown tomorrow?"

Tomorrow is when Gamescom officially starts, considering Geoff is doing his ONL show, I figured it just made sense. Thought I'd mention it as people were bummed, and were unaware that show was happening. 🤷‍♂️

Are Sony fans just laughing at every Halo mention in here? Jesus Christ, all of you console praisers need to chill with your plastic box worship, lmao.

Don't worry about Rivet, he/she has this:

Paradicia

Sad to see that a release date for Infinite. Hears hoping it will be announced on opening night tomorrow. My hopes will be dashed for it releasing this year if they don't.

Wednesday, SEGA acquisition, Persona 6 exclusive to Xbox/PC.

You might end up surprising yourself xD. It'd be nice if the next Person were a Day-and-Date multiplat tho for PS5/Xbox Series and maybe PC.

Gamescom is in Europe.

What's a "Europe"?

If they support custom soundtracks I'm gonna rip a ton of Outrunners/Super GT/Ridge Racer/Rage Racer/Ridge Racer Type 4/Outrun 2/Ace Driver tracks and use them in the game.

Last edited:
Halo Infinite has problems.
*Not really a post about this event, but partially relevant*

2001 Halo
2004 Halo 2
2007 Halo 3
2009 ODST
2010 Reach
2012 Halo 4
2015 Halo 5
2021 ....

We've never gone more than two years without a Halo game. It's now been five.

Bonnie "hire for inclusion, not merit" Ross, your legacy is on the line. If Halo Infinite isn't dramatically better than the previous two games, may your name forever be a curse word in the halls of gaming.

It's ridiculous we didn't see Halo Infinite, but who the hell are you to claim that the people at 343 are working there for inclusion based reasons, and not based on their merit? Like how do you even know this? What are your qualifications to talk about their merit? What career are you even in? People on the internet really say some crazy ass shit.

Stuart360

All Rivet does is hand out smilies and triggered emotes. A complete waste of an account.
Its obvious they are an alt of a banned user too scared to actually discuss stuff as they know their fanboyism will lead to a ban pretty quickly.

Last edited:

intbal

Halo Infinite has problems.

It's ridiculous we didn't see Halo Infinite, but who the hell are you to claim that the people at 343 are working there for inclusion based reasons, and not based on their merit? Like how do you even know this? What are your qualifications to talk about their merit? What career are you even in? People on the internet really say some crazy ass shit.

Mr.ODST

Dont worry that cretin always reacts with "haha" to any xbox post

Kuranghi

Not sure about Bonnie Ross but Christ my lady friend is fucking bombarded by this #WomenInSTEM shite fucking weekly, she's just trying to get on with her job and work hard and spackas like the sort that promote this are constantly messaging her on twitter to ask if she wants to be part of some bumpf she doesn't care about in the slightest.

Some woman STEM spongo: "Lets work together and break the glass ceiling!"
My friend: "Yeah can you fuck off and leave me alone I've got to finish re-writing this paper and prepare my notes for the conference I'm presenting at tomorrow"

kyliethicc

Hard to call it Opening Night when it premiers in the afternoon lol.
What's a "Europe"?

"Opening Night Live will start on August 25 at 19:30 (CEST) with a half-hour pre-show."

"The main show will then run from 20:00 to 22:00 (CEST)."

Why?

Hard to call it Opening Night when it premiers in the afternoon lol.

But okay, I want to see what these games are especially the new reveals, regardless of platform(s).
That all depends on where you live, eh? Where does this show take place? I was under the impression that it's in the UK.

Halo Infinite was missing

I smell a 2022 delay
Just your breath, there are still more to this event, starting with tomorrow, then also the main event.

Last edited:
Top Bottom