• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Gamescom Presentation - Discussion Thread (Now with voting added)

How would you rate the Xbox stream?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

supernova8

Banned
Oh this Forza stuff actually looks good ... maybe the show is warming up... not so bad after a....

NGyGqFR.jpg

Artistic

Delay to summer 2022. I'm calling it. Too much backlash over no co-op at launch.
Halo release during anything other than the holidays seems odd.

If they were to unfortunately delay it again, doubt it would be a full calendar year though.

That was a pretty good look at the opening of Horizon 5, though it would have been nice to not just show the actual first race and leave that for when the game releases.

Where the fuck was Halo?

saintjules

I don't think I ever recalled a racing game ending a presentation.

Holiday seems pretty grim if you ask me. But that's OK. I have a ton to play anyway.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Imagine hiding your biggest game this holiday....if they are gonna delay it again (which i think they should) they should come out and say it soon

Fbh

Even with them saying there would be no new announcements this was underwhelming.

My main 2 takeaways are:
-Forza Horizon 5 looks great
- If you are female and want to work at MS you better get ready to shave half your head and buy some hair dyes.

I love halo , but ffs no halo is a big mamoth red flag
Ffs I thought the conference would start with halo single player and end with some multiplayer
Really concerned about it now , makes u wonder what kind of shit state the game is in

Mr Moose

I thought this was happening tomorrow. Seems I didn't miss much anyway? They were just going to show stuff from E3 but more of it, right?
Judging from the comments, no Halo? Odd.

I couldn't watch it at work, but really all I was expecting was The Gunk. So I'm glad that's on track for Gamepass this year. Sounded like there was a few indies maybe, and a lot of talk about trebuchets?

This year is already stacked for Xbox. If Halo needs to be delayed, then delay it. I honestly don't care since I'm not into that series. I'll be playing it since it's basically free for me, but that's it.

Stuart360

Surely even a fanboy as yourself can say this show was a bore.
It was no E3, but it was interesting for what it was, especially if you are into the games shown. Like i said, this was just the next episode of their update show they do every 2 or 3 months. Its not mine, or Xbox's fault if people were thinking its another E3 conference.

Also its alright calling me a fanboy but what does that some of you then?, admitted haters?

Pantz

Gold Member
Got that controller pre-ordered =P

Paid for with rewards points / gift card redemptions so no big deal.

My XSX launch controller has some wear and tear with buttons sticking a bit now.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Yeap, let's be honest. Even if they got ahead of it and said this wasn't going to show anything new. it could have just been a blog post and some videos. No halo is just getting a bit silly now, there's deffo something going on with it.

I want that pad.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
It was no E3, but it was interesting for what it was, especially if you are into the games shown. Like i said, this was just the next episode of their update show they do every 2 or 3 months. Its not mine, or Xbox's fault if people were thinking its another E3 conference.

Also its alright calling me a fanboy but what does that some of you then?, admitted haters?
It wasn't interesting. Not even for what it was. I'm a hater for wanting more than that? Alrighty then.

Stuart360

What was good about it then? Forza? Sure, we knew that. Gunk look neat. What else?
Well i own most of the games discussed for a start, and i got some nice info about new stuff, dlc, etc..
Check my posts from before the show started, i already said dont expect anything new, it will just be about games coming this year, and content for games already out.

Jemm

celebrate happy birthday GIF

Well, the Xcloud support for consoles was interesting (try before downloading), FH5 looked still good, Gunk could be worth checking out, FS updates seem cool (helicopters!) and Dying Light 2 update was nice, but it didn't really belong to this show. The rest was meh...

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Surely even a fanboy as yourself can say this show was a bore.

Seriously, if you were ms, would you show halo infinite single player right now? Even if it's closer to done, a large group of super critics will attack every frame for 2 weeks straight.
I wouldn't release any of till the release date.

This is why Sony is very smart for being quite. They want to wait until they have enough confirmed and exciting things to show before doing an event.

I would have loved to at least see more Halo infinite gameplay or announcements.

All of the Xbox showcases besides E3 have been very underwhelming, just a compete waste of time.

Last edited:

MScarpa

This is why Sony is very smart for being quite. They want to wait until they have enough confirmed and exciting things to show before doing an event.

All of the Xbox showcases besides E3 have been very underwhelming, just a compete waste of time.
I've heard this almost a year now. I need something besides Ratchet to play.

Top Bottom