• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase Extended on June 14th

Vasto

Xbox_ShowcaseExtended_Tunein-93653ee00c3e9339eb8e.jpg

Stay tuned for the Xbox Games Showcase Extended on June 14th at 10am PT where we will share new trailers, take deeper looks at the news from the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase and speak with some of your favorite game creators. This all-new broadcast is approximately 90 minutes in length, and will be broadcast live in English, Latin America Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, German and French, and the additional languages we offer will be available within a week. Audio Descriptions and American Sign Language will be offered live.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I expect the big hitter games in the first show and deeper dives into the smaller games

Regardless I love they feel they have this much to show

If the second show is mostly devoted to smaller scale, indie, games and developer deep dives, that's extremely A-OK.

It just means they want one show to fully focus on the big hitting games. Shoveling in the smaller scope games in there would have diminished their presence and impact.

I like this approach.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
If the second show is mostly devoted to smaller scale, indie, games and developer deep dives, that's extremely A-OK.

It just means they want one show to fully focus on the big hitting games. Shoveling in the smaller scope games in there would have diminished their presence and impact.

I like this approach.
I love it as well

This will be very boring if the one last year is anything to go by. Don't expect nothing big out of this. It's just going to be that guy Parris talking to developers for 90 minutes. Go back and watch the one last year if you want to set your expectations. They spend wayyy too long on things in this. Pretty sure this is where that trebuchet thing in Age of Empires 4 was.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
They must have had a change of plans to announce this extra one now. I wonder if they were going to hold it for later in the year orgiinally.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Buggy Loop

This will be very boring if the one last year is anything to go by. Don't expect nothing big out of this. It's just going to be that guy Parris talking to developers for 90 minutes. Go back and watch the one last year if you want to set your expectations. They spend wayyy too long on things in this. Pretty sure this is where that trebuchet thing in Age of Empires 4 was.

schitts creek party GIF by CBC

Kacho

Gold Member
Wait they did this last year? I don't remember that being a thing at all.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I expect the big hitter games in the first show and deeper dives into the smaller games

Regardless I love they feel they have this much to show

I'm totally good if that's the case. That means the main showcase on the 12th should be epic and I'll be there for both of them. The more Xbox the better. Unfortunately, Xbox is doing a really shitty job of keeping my hype in check.

Roberts

Yeah, that extended thing last year wasn’t all that interesting, because there were no new trailers, but if they show new trailers on top of extended stuff, then it is all good. Can they talk about games like Deathloop or Kena (assuming it will ever come out on xbox) if timed exclusivity period hasn’t expired yet?

reksveks

I am okay with an Extended Showcase; I know what I am getting just like an ID@Xbox event (the former is background watching). Extended Showcare is kinda in the middle so I will be playing with my steam deck during it.

Kacho

Gold Member
If last years show is anything to go by it's just an extended look at what's announced and chat with developers

Oh so this is like those shows they used to do every few months before cancelling. Forget the name of those...

Ozriel

M$FT

False. The trebuchet stuff was Gamescom.

I expect the extended show to also contain big games. At the regular showcase, you’d probably want to show max 5 mins gameplay from Starfield…and you could then put in a deeper dive on the 14th.

If last years show is anything to go by it's just an extended look at what's announced and chat with developers

But that’s what the OP already says.

MS: “we’ll take a deeper look at the news from the Showcase and chat with game creators”

You: “guys, I figured it out. I think it will be a deeper look at games they already showed and chat with developers”

Weird.

johnjohn

It depends on the content. We're likely getting gameplay of Starfield, Redfall and Avowed at the very least at the main show, so some extended footage of those games with developer commentary can be very interesting.

Kacho

Gold Member
Inside Xbox?

Wasn't in the ecosystem at the time so not 100% sure.
Yeah it was something like that. People always complained about the shows because they were like long commercials with very little substance.

I don't even remember the extended show from last year so I assume it's a big fat nothing.

Three

But that’s what the OP already says.

MS: “we’ll take a deeper look at the news from the Showcase and chat with game creators”

You: “guys, I figured it out. I think it will be a deeper look at games they already showed and chat with developers”

Weird.
I'm just posting what last years one was like and considering the comments it's clear people didn't know the format or what to expect. What's got your panties in a bunch though.

0neAnd0nly

Gold Member
This might be unpopular, but XBOX kind of has to flood the gate here with stuff as a goodwill outreach for how blatantly bad they have been with expectations since their major acquisitions. The 2023 delays left a bad taste in the mouth of many, their output hasn't created system sellers in the last 5 years.

It's a problem.

Hopefully some cool stuff to see, but much like with the Sony presser, I would temper expectations and hope to be pleasantly surprised if you are a XBOX fan.

VN1X

Banned
Halo Infinite Co-Op demonstration.
The state of this fucking industry lol. I remember when we played Halo in co-op over 20 years ago.

I was one of the few who gave 343i the benefit of the doubt with Halo 4 but no more. I'm honestly amazed that some people still care for Halo Infinite or its pitiful post-launch content, all of which should've been included in the base game so far btw.

MS have severely mismanaged the studio or 343i have simply become incompetent. Either way it's a crying shame how Infinite has turned out...

Top Bottom