• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase Announced for June 11 before the Starfield Show

Hype check time!

• Phil won't let us down, he always delivers!

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • It won't be difficult to surpass the Sony shitshow in any case.

Votes: 65 47.8%
  • Phil my boy, this is your last chance of redemption.

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • It will suck, can't convince me otherwise.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • First-party stuff only or bust!

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I hope that they announce that we can remote play Xbox and Xbox 360 games. For some reason, we can’t. We can play them if they’re on the XCloud, but not if it’s installed on your series X.

I want to play Breakdown, just not on my 65” 4k screen. It would be perfect on my phone via remote play.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Fredrik

I don't really have high hopes for avowed... i'm thinking it will be a fairly small passion project rather than a big AAA rpg some people are expecting.
Pentiment was their passion project. Grounded was a small team project. Avowed is the real AAA deal, it’s Obsidian’s The Elder Scrolls, it’s what most of the studio has been working on for years. They have The Outer Worlds 2 as well but even in their teaser they said it was not to be expected anytime soon.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
People on tweeter are pointing out that the entire Fable trilogy is on sale on Xbox for the first time in years. Either a preamble of things to come or just some intern capitalizing on the recent hub hub and adding it to the sale list.

Havoc2049

I'm hoping that the InXile steampunk RPG is a Crimson Skies RPG.

TES VI is probably nothing more than that generic fantasy asset trailer they showed a couple of years back lol

-----------

The party bus is starting to get a bit crowded, we might need to look for alternate accommodation soon.

wX4xsji.jpg
Please add me to the bus, roof or whatever, just not under the bus. 😜

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
People on tweeter are pointing out that the entire Fable trilogy is on sale on Xbox for the first time in years. Either a preamble of things to come or just some intern capitalizing on the recent hub hub and adding it to the sale list.
Going back to my last post, I’d love to replay this series again, via remote play, but as of right now, we can only remote play Xbox One and Series X|S games.

adamsapple

Will update the shelf later in the evening fine folks, house duties are keeping me occupied at the moment.

Another interesting anniversary to go along with Banjos' 25th this month, State of Decay is 10 years old.
Nice time to see something from SOD3.

With all the stuff about the games development state, I am not expecting either State of Decay or Everwild to be at the show at all.

But am always open to be surprised.

adamsapple

Will this showcase finally be the beginning of the end of the 'wait until next year' meme?

It fucking better be!

Xbox... it's time.

Unless every single game they show has a shadow drop at the end of the conference, we'll still be waiting an intermittent amount of time lol.

Microsoft needs to shadow drop some BC patches at this conference to regain some easy goodwill from Xbox fans.

Like- whatever happened to that Gears 1 Ultimate edition "running at 4k/60" that they showed Digital Foundry when they were showing off what Series X could do,

Quantum Break- one of Xbox Ones standout exclusives is only playable at 30 fps on SX/SX.

Forza Horizon 3- this should've gotten a 60 fps patch being a really highly rated Xbox exclusive

Sunset Overdrive- this is only a paltry 720p/30 fps yet I still see it going on sale all the time. You want to sell some copies and create some hype for your platform? Fucking patch this already

Ryse Son of Rome- one of the true technical marvels fron last gen launch is only "playable" at 720p/30 fps on "the world's most powerful console"

Dead Rising 3- fun game at a not so fun 720p/30 fps

Come on Microsoft! Has your head gone up GamePass' ass so much that you've lost touch with what would be such an easy win for you amongst some of the core audience who bought a SX/S?

It should be illegal to sell that Fable Anniversary game. I've tried playing it on xb1x and series x and it runs so badly I challenge anyone to play it for more than 10 minutes.

Little things like this are really common still with Microsoft unfortunately, like how they fucked up the framerate for Halo 1 and 2 campaigns on xb1x a couple years ago now and never bothered to fix that.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I hope that they announce that we can remote play Xbox and Xbox 360 games. For some reason, we can’t. We can play them if they’re on the XCloud, but not if it’s installed on your series X.

I want to play Breakdown, just not on my 65” 4k screen. It would be perfect on my phone via remote play.

Use the XBXPlay app. Problem solved. Plus you get better quality/higher bitrates.

adamsapple

Starfield pre-orders will go live after the showcase as per GMG

--

Also the controller and headset are seemingly releasing the day of showcase as well.

$79.99 for the controller and $124.99 for the headset.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I'd like to be on the shelf or the bus. Whatever ya'll got going on. I still fall for the hype so let's hope we see some good stuff. I'm a rare fanboy so I want to see their ips.

• Strength
Reactions: Isa

Godot25

Banned
I would say that lack of "temper your expectations" from Greenberg and co. is getting me pretty hyped. And I know that if Showcase will be bad (like PlayStation one) I will have only myself to blame.
So Starfield, Forza, Hellblade 2, Avowed are absolute locks for me. With release dates or release windows.
I also expect The Wandering Tower, Fable, Stalker 2 and Contraband.
I hope for Project Midnight and Perfect Dark
And my hidden pick is Wolfenstein 3.

More first-party will be bonus though.

Then I expect conversation to shift from "what are those studios working on" to "Microsoft needs to deliver actual great game."

I also have no doubt that it will be a better showcase then PlayStation Showcase. Not that it is high bar to clear...

Top Bottom