• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase Announced for June 11 before the Starfield Show

Hype check time!

• Phil won't let us down, he always delivers!

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • It won't be difficult to surpass the Sony shitshow in any case.

Votes: 65 47.8%
  • Phil my boy, this is your last chance of redemption.

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • It will suck, can't convince me otherwise.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • First-party stuff only or bust!

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Got a couple of more people on the bus. We're just shy of a week away from our party destination folks.

Buckle up.

8dWGkX7.jpg

Add me. This show better be the bees knees.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Please note the YouTube.com/Xbox and YouTube.com/Bethesda streams will be in 4K at 60fps, while all other channels will be 1080p / 60fps.

Why not have the Twitch stream at 4K as well? Twitch is much better for bandwidth than YT is.

Odd decision.

adamsapple

I didn't know Twitch did 4K streaming. I rarely use the service, though.

Oh, my bad. I didn't know Twitch as a platform doesn't do 4K streaming. I thought it was an arbitrary separation.

Their 720p/1080p is still probably gonna be much better than YT's by comparison.

Last edited:

X-Wing

Won't be able to wacht live but will be looking forward to watch the highlights. Hopefully Xbox can show an identity again with this showcase.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Let's hope the bitrate can keep up 4k 60 fps streams
At least it should not be a shitty YouTube "Premiere" like some previous years, even if the source is 4K60 Premieres are always using a very low 1080p bitrate (even the "normal" 1080p bitrate is higher).

4K streams on YouTube can look good, the SpaceX ones have a really good quality (but 30 FPS).

Now let just hope they did not write that and will do a Premiere while expecting it to run at 4K60 (unless YT fixed their shit).

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
In engine means realtime cutscenes. It's better then cg.

Its as shit as CG. "Real time cutscenes" aren't indicative of how the game actually plays or what it will look like. Or should we discuss games like Watch Dogs and TLOU2's gameplay "premier"?

We should see actual gameplay. There is no excuse to use "in-engine" or "CGI" anymore. Period. If you don't have something that can be shown via actual gameplay - don't show it.

Last edited:

adamsapple

One thing Microsoft did nail at least was putting this on a Sunday, not in the middle of a work day like the rest of these jokers.

Honestly, for me personally the mid of the week would have been better lol. I can take a break from office work to watch, but on the weekend I can't take a break from the family :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Honestly, for me personally the mid of the week would have been better lol. I can take a break from office work to watch, but on the weekend I can't take a break from the family :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Ha, that is fair. Honestly, the only one of these I care to watch anymore are Nintendo Direct (and maybe the Devolver thing) -- even Sony let me down and their showcases used to always be can't-miss.

adamsapple

Looks like Giant Bomb will continue their tradition of having Phil Spencer for an interview, with the other Jeff this time (Gaf favorite Grubb).

That will be Sunday night as part of their Summer Games Fest / ghost of E3 coverage.

feynoob

Banned
I am helping my little brother take his online classes during that time.

I guess I will be available when they are showcasing starfield.

It's a win for me. I won't have to waste my time sitting all day there. I would just see all the events after it's done.

This Gears collection how likely is it exactly? I was considering playing the first 3 again but I'd wait if they are remastering them.

Top Bottom