• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Looking to Add All of Ubisoft+ Services

b704cd8939c774e1c941611b2447168311956b06.gif

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

Fredrik

Would be awesome! And at that point I would be okay paying the standard price at least. Right now I’m still enjoying the Gold to Ultimate deal at $5/month, no idea if I’ll keep the sub at $15/month without any further big additions.

sainraja

Absolutely love gamepass, best thing that came out of last gen.

But I can honestly see channel subscriptions within the subscription coming down the pipe. Like Amazon does with prime. (I hope not)

Definitely a possibility but it would be a hard sell for Microsoft given the fact that they are starting with the plan that bundles it all together.

reksveks

Absolutely love gamepass, best thing that came out of last gen.

But I can honestly see channel subscriptions within the subscription coming down the pipe. Like Amazon does with prime. (I hope not)
As long as its easy to turn off and on channels, I don't mind but that's might be cause I have no real attachment to ubisoft. Think the last game I played from them was Child of Light.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Fully expecting Ubisoft's "vault" to be added to Game Pass Ultimate in the Fall.

Buhaj

Ubisoft+ includes latest titles like AC: Valhalla, right? If so, I find it hard to believe GPU can fit them all in at the current price, at least not in the long run.

Warablo

Could you explain what I am looking at here?
It's a joke, because Phil did a conference call with a hidden Series S behind him before it was announced in the past. Guess a Kojima statue and Watch Dog statues are behind him in that pic.

Last edited:

Meowzers

Loving this. GP is amazing as it is. I'm playing games I'd never purchase on their own.

Not only that but instead of paying £60 for the new Halo game, it's basically £10 a month, giving you extra funds to buy other things.

I'd be lost without GP now.

cormack12

Gold Member
As a subscriber this would be amazing but I don't see how they keep this under one GPU sub. I wonder if we will see some sort of cable package alignment like

GPU M - GPU
GPU L - GPU w/ EAPlay
GPU XL - GPU w/ EAPlay and Ubi+

Or EA and Ubi will introduce premium tiers and we just get the base included with GPU.

Woffls

The more publishers they get on board, the higher price they can get away with charging. Those publishers will also see more incentive to design their games around selling in-game content... which is probably why EA got on board, and would certainly a consideration for Ubisoft as well.

I'd rather pay a low price for Microsoft 1st party and random 3rd party titles turning up a few months after release. Though, one day, that might just be 'Game Pass Core' or something.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
At this point Microsoft might as well be paying people to play via GP.

Fine with me, give me more shit.

Alx

It would be great but it sounds too good to be true. EA was already a huge deal, but it was a "cheap" standalone subscription everything considered. Now the Ubi one is much more expensive IIRC.

It would be great but it sounds too good to be true. EA was already a huge deal, but it was a "cheap" standalone subscription everything considered. Now the Ubi one is much more expensive IIRC.

I'm not so sure this is all that far fetched. My first thought when seeing Uplay+was "how many people could possibly be subbing to this?" I feel like subscriber fatigue is possibly already setting in with console/PC users in that they're only going to pay for so many separate services. So the value of Ubisofts catalog is arguably worth more as a perk to an existing service like GP rather than as its own sub. I suppose we shall see...

NullZ3r0

Banned
Yeah they can't do that.
At this point you get 70% of the whole gaming market for $15 a month.

How is that possible?
Sarah Bond laid it out recently. When people get games for "free" they spend more in MTX. For me this is true. After joining GPU, my MTX spend is higher than ever. I don't ever have the guilt of spending $60 on a game and then dropping $20 on a season pass.

MTX revenue exceeds base game revenue. They can't hide from the data. It's a mutually beneficial relationship for everyone involved.

I have a feeling GamePass is the Black Swan this generation that will flip everything on its head. I think even MS was surprised with the MTX thing.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Unfortunately i cant see this also being on PC Gamepss, as Ubisoft+ is already more expensive than PC Gamepass as it is. Not unless they plan to raise the price of PC Gamepass.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

If Far Cry 6 is there day-one I'd definitely get it for a month just to play that, I miss paying £12-22 pounds for Ubisoft games on PC on launch, it was a price where even if its really disappointing it didnt matter really, but its Windows Store versions of the PC GP games and that might just be setting myself up for pain.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Unfortunately i cant see this also being on PC Gamepss, as Ubisoft+ is already more expensive than PC Gamepass as it is. Not unless they plan to raise the price of PC Gamepass.

I'm guessing that is going to depend on how successful Ubisoft+ is. $15 a month for access to a single publisher's library is a tall order unless someone is just a massive Ubisoft fan. Besides, both Game Pass and Ubisoft+ are facing an uphill battle against Steam. Seems like a lot of PC gamers don't bother with any games at all if they are not on Steam. If Game Pass can unify with EA and Ubisoft then they have a better chance of breaking down some of those barriers.

Top Bottom