• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass | Second Half Games for April 2022

Draugoth

Gold Member

sazYTda2

Available Today

F1 2021 (Cloud) EA Play

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered (Cloud) EA Play

Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox

Coming Soon

7 Days to Die (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – April 26

Research and Destroy (Console and PC) – April 26

Bugsnax (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – April 28

Xbox Touch Controls Added to 12 More Games

Xbox Game Pass Touch Controls

Ultimate members, we’ve added Xbox Touch Controls to 12 more games ready to play from the cloud today, including two games with native touch enabled: Zero Escape: The Nonary Games and Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Anniversary Edition! Jump in on the Xbox app for Windows PCs, Xbox Game Pass mobile app on Android devices, or Xbox.com/play on your Windows PCs and Apple phones and tablets, no controller needed!

• Ben 10
  • Besiege
  • Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Anniversary Edition
  • Edge of Eternity
  • Hitman Trilogy
  • Lawn Mowing Simulator
  • Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered
  • Paw Patrol
  • Race with Ryan
  • Transformers Battlegrounds
  • Windjammers 2
  • Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

More Ubisoft Games Coming to Game Pass

I’m excited to share that we’re working with Ubisoft to bring even more incredible games to the Game Pass library! In the next two months, Assassin’s Creed Origins will join the library for cloud, console, and PC via Ubisoft Connect app. We will also bring For Honor: Marching Fire Edition to PC via Ubisoft Connect app, and upgrade to the Marching Fire Edition for cloud and console.

Alright, looks like there's a solid Ubi + Game Pass rapport starting to be built.

Hopefully AC Origins release coincides with the 60 FPS patch.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Alright, looks like there's a solid Ubi + Game Pass rapport starting to be built.

Hopefully AC Origins release coincides with the 60 FPS patch.
Interesting, I kinda only expected the multiplayer Ubisoft titles to make it to game pass.

Sadly nothing for me in the second half of the April.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
7 days to die? i thought this game runs like trash on console, and its a very old version

Schmick

Touch Controls is nice and all, although I wonder what Hitman would be like with them but I'm very interested in knowing what Xbox is doing about Keyboard and Mouse support.

Orbital2060

Yeah touch controls are nice for certain game types. I doubt Id play Hitman like that. But Im using cloud on an Apple XR phone, maybe it works better on bigger screens.

I have Gamepass ultimate, just want to clarify before saying this. What an extremely weak lineup this whole April for gamepass. Mediocre might be even too positive to call this when paying such high fees each month. No offense but games like bugsnax were free for ps plus like how many years ago? And I really hate how they separate cloud releases so it looks like they actually add stuff to gamepass lol. 🙃. Gotta cancel my sub if this continues. It’s getting more clear each month to me that almost exclusively only 1st parties will be released day 1 on gamepass and the rest is mediocre indie stuff. Not to mention the scheduled removal of content actually removes the good games gamepass did have. The overall quality of the library is so much lower now than at the beginning which makes me a bit sad.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

April won’t be the best month ever for GP but I’m happy with Tunic and Life is Strange which were excellent.

Also carefully optimistic about the Spike Chunsoft game, didn’t understand much about the concept but looks interesting.

Wohc

Banned
April won’t be the best month ever for GP but I’m happy with Tunic and Life is Strange which were excellent.

Also carefully optimistic about the Spike Chunsoft game, didn’t understand much about the concept but looks interesting.
Is Life is Strange True Colors better than part 2? I didn't like it at all.

Again garbage, they clearly blew their load with GOTG and Total war. Why would you not just allow a game to be on all the gamepass versions. I would consider playing F1 but it's only on console and cloud...

adamsapple

Again garbage, they clearly blew their load with GOTG and Total war. Why would you not just allow a game to be on all the gamepass versions. I would consider playing F1 but it's only on console and cloud...

MLB The Show on day 1 and Life is Strange: True Colors, a game equally as underappreciated as GoTG in late 2021 came out.

Not sure why any one would think there was nothing good this month.

Ah well.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Is Life is Strange True Colors better than part 2? I didn't like it at all.
I didn’t like the first one or the second one based on the free chapters I tried but I liked True Colors. I think the big difference is that it’s not a high school drama setting so I found the story more interesting. I would put it at the level of the best Telltale games like The wolf among us or Tales from the Borderlands.

There are also a lot of interesting ideas in the way you explore the « emotional worlds » of people, don’t want to spoil anything but it was nicely done.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Fuck, I'm hoping that they're going to shadow drop Rogue Legacy 2, it's a time exclusive to Xbox, it has no pre-order yet(like Tunic).

If not, then this drop is trash.

Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion is okish.

Last edited:

onesvenus

I have Gamepass ultimate, just want to clarify before saying this. What an extremely weak lineup this whole April for gamepass. Mediocre might be even too positive to call this when paying such high fees each month. No offense but games like bugsnax were free for ps plus like how many years ago? And I really hate how they separate cloud releases so it looks like they actually add stuff to gamepass lol. 🙃. Gotta cancel my sub if this continues. It’s getting more clear each month to me that almost exclusively only 1st parties will be released day 1 on gamepass and the rest is mediocre indie stuff. Not to mention the scheduled removal of content actually removes the good games gamepass did have. The overall quality of the library is so much lower now than at the beginning which makes me a bit sad.
I don't thing Life is strange True colors, with a 81 at Opencritic, and MLB are "mediocre indie stuff" but whatever

I don't thing Life is strange True colors, with a 81 at Opencritic, and MLB are "mediocre indie stuff" but whatever
I might agree slightly with you there, but I'm talking about the overall lineup, not separate games. Also, the first of the 2 games you mention is not really an AAA title even though it might be a good game if you're into that kind of game.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Who knew that the last great NFS game to be released would be the one that had Criterion behind it...
EA are fucking idiots for even thinking of making Criterion a support studio.
They are idiots doubly so for then giving Ghost Games Need for Speed.
It should have been the other way round.
Ghost Games becomes a support studio
Criterion keeps making Need for Speed.
I know EA has all but abandoned Burnout but atleast Need for Speed Hot Pursuit had the feel of a Burnout game in control, sense of speed and pure carnage when you were playing the police.
Lets hope the new one is legit back to form from Criterion.

I might agree slightly with you there, but I'm talking about the overall lineup, not separate games. Also, the first of the 2 games you mention is not really an AAA title even though it might be a good game if you're into that kind of game.
AAA does not a good game make.
MLB and True Colors are absolutely amazing games.
Not every game is for you this month but calling it a weak lineup is alittle disingenuous.
Gamepass has to cater to shit ton of people.
True Colors is honestly a must play game, and its one of few games that you can really tell what emotions are being conveyed in a characters face....you can play the game muted and know whats going on.

P.S What would have made a good lineup considering whats come out recently.....and be realistic dont say Elden Ring or something.

adamsapple

I think this is one of the weakest months for Game Pass that I can recall. Not much of anything for me this month, I hope May is better. At least I have a big backlog I can catch up on.

May is already looking pretty hot.

Trek to Yomi and Sniper Elite 5 are day 1 releases and it sounds like AC Origins might be dropping in May as well along with other releases in the two drops.

Wohc

Banned
I didn’t like the first one of the second one based on the free chapters I tried but I liked True Colors. I think the big difference is that it’s not a high school drama setting so I found the story more interesting. I would put it at the level of the best Telltale games like The wolf among us or Tales from the Borderlands.

There are also a lot of interesting ideas in the way you explore the « emotional worlds » of people, don’t want to spoil anything but it was nicely done.
Thank you very much.

EA are fucking idiots for even thinking of making Criterion a support studio.
They are idiots doubly so for then giving Ghost Games Need for Speed.
It should have been the other way round.
Ghost Games becomes a support studio
Criterion keeps making Need for Speed.
I know EA has all but abandoned Burnout but atleast Need for Speed Hot Pursuit had the feel of a Burnout game in control, sense of speed and pure carnage when you were playing the police.
Lets hope the new one is legit back to form from Criterion.

AAA does not a good game make.
MLB and True Colors are absolutely amazing games.
Not every game is for you this month but calling it a weak lineup is alittle disingenuous.
Gamepass has to cater to shit ton of people.
True Colors is honestly a must play game, and its one of few games that you can really tell what emotions are being conveyed in a characters face....you can play the game muted and know whats going on.

P.S What would have made a good lineup considering whats come out recently.....and be realistic dont say Elden Ring or something.

It seems the general opinion here is that it's at least a very weak month. And while AAA does not a good game make, you're paying well for a service, so it should include bigger games day 1. Not all obviously but e.g. Stalker 2 will be a day one game, if it ever comes out. Elden Ring day 1? I'd pay double sub fees if we get all big games day 1 but that's not realistic of course. But that's the thing. Publishers that publish games they know will sell well, you will not see those games anywhere close to after about a year to be maaaaaaaybe on gamepass. When I registered I (maybe wrongly) assumed they would add a lot of big titles all the time. Not all big titles, not the biggest titles, but much more than they do now.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

Tunic is in the runnings for top games of 2022 for me so I'm more than happy with that, I'll remember it for years. Incredible game imo.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
yeah, talk about a breath of fresh air, it got me real good.
I just need one achievement but that will require a new game plus playthrough which shouldn't take too long that I know the deal. I had to look up a guide for some of the puzzles, more as a time saving thing once I'd sussed the puzzles out on my own but man, genius stuff and love the instruction manual. I hope they make a real version of it so I can buy it.

Top Bottom