• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass rumored to add a major FPS this fall (speculation on new battlefield)

MadPanda

Banned
Battlefield franchise has had marketing agreements with Xbox for a few installments already so maybe it could be true but I still doubt it. It would be massive if true but I'm sceptical. If that was indeed true I expect it to be announced at E3. So a month and a half wait.

It's a shame I'm not a big fan of battlefield but as with every previous installment I'll give it a chance.

Perrott

Gold Member
Of course. What better way to justify the purchase of a PS5. Sure you could play it basically free on your current pc, and do the same on a series S/X aside from the cost of the console itself... But the "perfect excuse" is to not only pay the cost of for a console, but to also pay another $70 on top of that for the game as well. While it sits in your Gamepass... Doing nothing...

Sounds like a solid plan.
It's not 100% clear that the new Battlefield game would be available for free on PC Game Pass as well (Outriders for instance was only made available to console Game Pass users), but that aside, I just don't feel completely confortable playing these big multiplatform games on PC (EA Play on PC has brought me many headaches during the last couple of weeks) because I prefer the more straightforward gaming experience that consoles deliver.

And Battlefield is gonna be my excuse to make the purchase, yes, but once I make the jump, then I'll be able to catch up with all these other games (Spider-Man, Demon's Souls, Returnal, Sackboy, Ghost of Tsushima, Final Fantasy 7 Remake) that I've been wanting to play.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Special Ed. Is that supposed to be a joke? Am I supposed to imagine someone with a speech impediment saying it because of the way he's spelt it?

Sounds like a great guy. I'd want my company secrets to be revealed by someone like that, for sure.

Last edited:
Is battlefield really that big to get this much hype just because it might be on gamepass?

I mean I know it's a popular game but it's never really been talked about that much on gaf in general.

Considering how much it will sell and make EA would be stupid too. Unless Xbox are offering 500m to 1 billion . YouWhich would be stupid as fuck. Which is the case nobody with a straight face can says it’s making profit yet.

reksveks

Anyone know the typical attach rate for a BF game?

I don't expect this to be on GamePass for PC unless it's just in EA Play and EA are more interested in getting users into their subscription services as well.

Is battlefield really that big to get this much hype just because it might be on gamepass?

I mean I know it's a popular game but it's never really been talked about that much on gaf in general.
The franchise sold something like 80 million copies (rough estimate).

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Microsoft would have to perceive their lineup as being very lacking to want to pay for one of the biggest games in the world at launch.

Unless EA view it as a strategic benefit and want to do them a great deal, I don't see how Microsoft wouldn't be better off licensing a number of other titles for the same outlay.

Top Bottom