• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass rumored to add a major FPS this fall (speculation on new battlefield)

j0hnnix

Celebrate Dj Khaled GIF

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Battlefield 6 through the EA play connection probably.

Given dices track record with BF lately, it probably won't be good anyway 🤷

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
It's probably Crossfire X that's currently in development for Xbox and PC. I think Remedy involved.

BF6 will be too big and cost too much. Be a megaton if it happened, though.
I thought Crossfire X was already supposed to be Day 1 on Game Pass. If it's not confirmed, that would be an excellent add for Game Pass. I want to play that a whole lot more than Battlefield

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Never been a BF fan though I test them out sometimes. Way too much sniping and unless they fixed it in BF5 (never tested BF5), every other BF game I've played even going back to those 360 games always had a clunky UI and shitty MP lobby. Takes forever, partying up sucks and I've got more freezes playing 30 games of BF than probably 300 matches of a COD game.

Last edited:

Old Empire.

I thought Crossfire X was already supposed to be Day 1 on Game Pass. If it's not confirmed, that would be an excellent add for Game Pass. I want to play that a whole lot more than Battlefield

Title of thread: To add a Major First-Person Shooter This Fall.
Crossfire is a major FPS title on PC: tick

{ Third party) Remedy Entertainment: Developing and producing the single player: tick well known studio on console.
Exclusive to Xbox and PC: Tick.
Release date: 2021: Tick.
Exclusive to xbox means straight to gamepass!

Last edited:
So Halo or BF6

either one is a steal at a low monthly price
Um....Halo is First-party buddy NOT third party. 3rd Party is something like Call of Duty or Battlefield, I am gonna take a guess it's Battlefield 6 because EA Play is with Game Pass and it would make more sense for them to do stuff with EA over activision.

Banned
Never been a BF fan though I test them out sometimes. Way too much sniping and unless they fixed it in BF5 (never tested BF5), every other BF game I've played even going back to those 360 games always had a clunky UI and shitty MP lobby. Takes forever, partying up sucks and I've got more freezes playing 30 games of BF than probably 300 matches of a COD game.

no joke, try Battlefield Hardline. WAY smaller maps, way less sniping, more arcadey and a cool campaign that is also super arcadey. the campaign is like an arcade stealth shooter, you can creep up to people and put them in handcuffs as a stealth move for example.

it is the only Battlefield game I really enjoyed ever. It was developed by Viceral Games (Dead Space)

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I could see Battlefield coming w/ a bit of a co-marketing deal where EA Play Pro is marketed inside of GamePass while the game is on there. (and obviously MS also paying EA, but a marketing deal makes sense.)

Hell I could see EA Play Pro being an add-on you can buy for GamePass, that would be a killer deal for both EA and MS.

Definitely not cod I reckon battlefield though I'll give it a try on pc gamepass see if it's any good then probably buy it if it is , I definitely wouldnt use a subscription service for games you put that many hours into its gotta work out dearer than buying the game outright easily .

graywolf323

Gold Member
IIRC the MP game is going to be on Game Pass but the single player campaign made by Remedy wasn't?

edit: oh the MP is F2P, not Game Pass, but the SP has not been announced for Game Pass so it would make sense for this rumor

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
I’m not sure they want to take attention away from halo with bf6. When is halo rumoured to be released?

Def not COD because of Playstation.

If its BF...that would be the only way i play it...since they've released nothing but bad games since 2015

Imtjnotu

Um....Halo is First-party buddy NOT third party. 3rd Party is something like Call of Duty or Battlefield, I am gonna take a guess it's Battlefield 6 because EA Play is with Game Pass and it would make more sense for them to do stuff with EA over activision.
Sorry girl. Didn't read the whole article. Only the begging where it stated major first person shooter.

My bad little ma

Battlefield would be huge.
True. That would be a megaton for me and a signal that more big multiplats may come to the service. If more major 3rd party titles like BF come to Xbox GamePass then RIP PlayStation. The value the service would bring would be too great to ignore even for the hardcore fans on any other platforms.

Last edited:
Battlefield would be the megaton pick that would be an unbelievable get for Game Pass, but selfishly for me I'd prefer Back 4 Blood or Dying Light 2 (if that counts as an FPS), or a hypothetical Titanfall 3

longdi

Banned
BF6 will be end the console war moment. at least a very strong attempt. EA seems cosy with Phil now.

but isn't BF6 planned for 2022?

this could be FC6 or COD.

COD and then BF will be bigly!

Reactions: M16

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Battlefield would be a huge get and hella expensive. BF1 sold 20 million copies across three platforms. so EA would be looking to replicate those numbers. If MS wants it, i am guessing EA would ask for something that equals 7 million sales at a $60 price tag.

That's $420 million. Maybe EA lets it go for half that if MS can convince them that the next gen version wont sell 7 million on consoles that barely even have a 7 million install base right now. Also, i suspect a guaranteed $200 million check is hella tempting to EA which might not have faith in this franchise after a big misstep last time around.

MS has an 18 million gamepass monthly install base. that should grow to 20 million by fall. thats $200 million in revenue every month. they can easily break even. It would also big a massive get and go a long way towards convincing the general public that gamepass isnt just B games and first party AAA games, but also third party AAA games on day one.

that said, if the ps5 version ends up selling 7 million copies in november and december then their CEO would have to answer some serious questions from shareholders.

IDappa

Would make sense if it was battlefield. EA and Microsoft are already partnered also have to take into account how much they fucked up bf5. They lost allot of goodwill and fans I wouldn't be surprised if they think this is the best way to get battlefield back into the minds of players.

Top Bottom