• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass: Latest Game Additions

I hate Game Pass. I don't have enough time to play the games I was buying individually, now they're just falling into my lap in heaps. It's a tough life...

Seriously though, how the fuck do I play through 1/10th of this? I still have games with gold dating back to the X360 that "I'll play next".

pr0cs

Seriously though, how the fuck do I play through 1/10th of
Hehe first world problems.
At this point with xbone, ps4 and pc and a ridiculous backlog I'm very picky with what I play. If after an hour it doesn't hook me I drop it and move on.
I had to change my thinking that I had to finish games for the sake of finishing them where now I play games because I enjoy them.
Gamepass has saved me a lot of time and money dropping games that I just don't enjoy enough to complete

nikolino840

I hate Game Pass. I don't have enough time to play the games I was buying individually, now they're just falling into my lap in heaps. It's a tough life...

Seriously though, how the fuck do I play through 1/10th of this? I still have games with gold dating back to the X360 that "I'll play next".
Is good for indi games...you can finish most in a day

Crew 511A

I don't understand how Microsoft isn't losing money over this to be honest. I've never paid full price for Game Pass, but the amount of gaming I've got out if it is incredible. Having Microsoft releases on GP on day 1 is incredible.

I hear you!! You just need to learn to let it go, no other choice, that'swhat I did...I have stuff dating back to 360 aswell..but com now, theres no way in hell, plus life, career etc.

Graciaus

So is the PC version just not that good yet? I had to first update my computer which I had issues with. Then the computer worked fine but the MS store wouldn't connect to the internet which took awhile to troubleshoot. When I finally got it all set up the game encountered an error 1 minute into downloading. Then again after continuing and once again after that. I just turned my Xbox on for the first time in forever and downloaded the game after that.

Nester99

I am a PS fanboy only had my Xbox x for a year, I love Sony because it had the great games I wanted to play....

Game pass is changing everything. So many great games I was waiting to go on sale for Sony show up in my GP que. PS4 is starting to collect dust.

I would have never bought just cause 4 but tried it in GP and am having a blast!

Play slay the spire you have not

So glad Kingdom Come Deliverance is coming for Game Pass. Been wanting to play this game for ages but not sure if PC can run it nor if I'd like it. Now I get to find out.
Really, huh. I was considering buying the Humble Monthly but I figured the game might end up on Game Pass pretty soon.

No DmC for PC though 😒

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Slay the Spire is a lot of fun. Better suited for a portable system though.

my PS4 has also seen little use since I dubbed to Gamepass.

joe_zazen

I am a PS fanboy only had my Xbox x for a year, I love Sony because it had the great games I wanted to play....

Game pass is changing everything. So many great games I was waiting to go on sale for Sony show up in my GP que. PS4 is starting to collect dust.

I would have never bought just cause 4 but tried it in GP and am having a blast!

Play slay the spire you have not

Lol, yeah i am actually jealous despite being skeptical at first, but i’d play a bunch of those,games. Still cant bring myself to buy another console, another online sub, and GP... But next nov will be a reset...if sony has no answer i’ll gladly give up their first party stuff to play games like slay the spire and stellaris for extra $5/mo.

Last edited:

Bullet Club

89g6dqf.jpg

September 19
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Xbox One X Enhanced) – An exploration-focused, side-scroller action RPG packing all the best features you’ve come to know and love from the metroidvania genre into a single, content-packed game. Play as Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist’s curse which slowly crystallizes her body. In order to save herself, and indeed, all of humanity, she must battle her way through a demon-infested castle summoned by Gebel, her old friend whose body and mind has become more crystal than flesh.
  • Jump Force (Xbox One X Enhanced) – Some of the most famous Manga heroes are thrown into a whole new battleground: our world. Uniting to fight the most dangerous threat, the Jump Force will bear the fate of humankind. Create your avatar to fight alongside powerful Manga heroes in an original story mode, or head to the online lobby to challenge other players and discover tons of additional modes and activities.
September 26
  • Bad North (Xbox One X Enhanced) – Bad North is a charming but brutal real-time tactics roguelite. Defend your idyllic island kingdom against a horde of Viking invaders as you lead the desperate exodus of your people. Command your loyal subjects to take full tactical advantage of the unique shape of each island. Everything is at stake: fail, and watch the blood of your subjects stain the ground red.
  • DiRT Rally 2.0 (Xbox One X Enhanced) – Carve your way through a selection of iconic rally locations from across the globe, in the most powerful off-road vehicles ever made, knowing that the smallest mistake could end your stage. Rely on your instincts with the most immersive and focused off-road experience yet, and power your rally car through real-life off-road environments in New Zealand, Argentina, Spain, Poland, Australia and the USA, with only your co-driver and instincts to guide you.
  • LEGO Worlds – An open environment of procedurally generated worlds made entirely of LEGO bricks which you can freely manipulate and dynamically populate with LEGO models. Create anything you can imagine, one brick at a time or use large-scale landscaping tools. Drop in prefabricated structures to build and customize any world to your liking then watch your creations come to life through characters and creatures that interact with you and each other in unexpected ways.

Last edited:

Dory16

Banned
89g6dqf.jpg

September 19
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Xbox One X Enhanced) – An exploration-focused, side-scroller action RPG packing all the best features you’ve come to know and love from the metroidvania genre into a single, content-packed game. Play as Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist’s curse which slowly crystallizes her body. In order to save herself, and indeed, all of humanity, she must battle her way through a demon-infested castle summoned by Gebel, her old friend whose body and mind has become more crystal than flesh.
  • Jump Force (Xbox One X Enhanced) – Some of the most famous Manga heroes are thrown into a whole new battleground: our world. Uniting to fight the most dangerous threat, the Jump Force will bear the fate of humankind. Create your avatar to fight alongside powerful Manga heroes in an original story mode, or head to the online lobby to challenge other players and discover tons of additional modes and activities.
September 26
  • Bad North (Xbox One X Enhanced) – Bad North is a charming but brutal real-time tactics roguelite. Defend your idyllic island kingdom against a horde of Viking invaders as you lead the desperate exodus of your people. Command your loyal subjects to take full tactical advantage of the unique shape of each island. Everything is at stake: fail, and watch the blood of your subjects stain the ground red.
  • DiRT Rally 2.0 (Xbox One X Enhanced) – Carve your way through a selection of iconic rally locations from across the globe, in the most powerful off-road vehicles ever made, knowing that the smallest mistake could end your stage. Rely on your instincts with the most immersive and focused off-road experience yet, and power your rally car through real-life off-road environments in New Zealand, Argentina, Spain, Poland, Australia and the USA, with only your co-driver and instincts to guide you.
  • LEGO Worlds – An open environment of procedurally generated worlds made entirely of LEGO bricks which you can freely manipulate and dynamically populate with LEGO models. Create anything you can imagine, one brick at a time or use large-scale landscaping tools. Drop in prefabricated structures to build and customize any world to your liking then watch your creations come to life through characters and creatures that interact with you and each other in unexpected ways.

I can't believe it. It's reached the point where I don't even buy games I would normally have bought because there's a high chance they might end up on game pass very soon and I have so much from game pass to play in the meantime anyway.
I don't know what xbox games are still worth buying outright if you have GP ultimate. It costs close to nothing, it gives you an ever stretching backlog and you can play the best games the platform has to offer days before they release. Why would I fork out any money for any xbox games at a game shop ever again? The only ones I still buy are PS exclusives and VR games because there's no other way of getting to play them.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, my only point is to say that I hope all this doesn't only benefit Sony and Nntendo as far as actual game sales.

Mega Man

Clearly "Xbox" is becoming their service brand. I would put money on it that they no longer produce consoles which process graphics natively after this next generation. Micro(soft) has always been concerned with providing the software and letting others develop the hardware to run it. This is a great move in my opinion and is clearly only getting better each month. They practically monopolize the PC market, so if they can provide this service for $14.99 a month, then "Xbox" will become synonymous with "The Netflix for Games" in the 2020's.

Oh I remember the good ol' days I used to send DVD's in the mail to get a new one... that's where we are with currently downloading games. Only a matter of time folks until the ISP's catch up to MS vision

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Game Pass is awesome. The first step of all this was the Play Anywhere stuff with crossplay, then Game Pass console, now we're on Game Pass Ultimate for console+PC. Next step is XCloud that should open some more cool cross-platform functionality. Essentially, Xbox will become more synonymous with Game Pass than it's console hardware.

I've been loving the Phil Spencer vision for Xbox. The value and versatility has been amazing for my family. We get Gears, Forza, Halo, SoT. Plus stuff like DMC V, KCD, Metro Exodus, Shadow of War, piles of indies and BC titles.

CyberPanda

Banned
Game Pass is awesome. The first step of all this was the Play Anywhere stuff with crossplay, then Game Pass console, now we're on Game Pass Ultimate for console+PC. Next step is XCloud that should open some more cool cross-platform functionality. Essentially, Xbox will become more synonymous with Game Pass than it's console hardware.

I've been loving the Phil Spencer vision for Xbox. The value and versatility has been amazing for my family. We get Gears, Forza, Halo, SoT. Plus stuff like DMC V, KCD, Metro Exodus, Shadow of War, piles of indies and BC titles.
This type of opinion is not allowed. A cosmic spanking is in order! >_>

LostDonkey

Pisses me off. Dirt Rally was only possible because of the PC crowd funding the early access and now the sequel on GP is console only.

Show some fucking love.

LostDonkey

I was vocal about Dirt Rally 2.0 not coming to PC and then it did.

Wow its garbage compared to the first one. Theyve taken all the difficulty and fear out of it and made Sega Rally.

Top Bottom