• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass India Subscription Free for 8 Months For All Members

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Wtf MS showed me 8 months free option but now says next charge next month.
Wtf MS.

Gamepass becoming more illegal by the day. Good Lord.

Kristen Bell Omg GIF by The Good Place

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Thread was a giant trap for the trolls lol.

This would make sense considering its not a strong market for Xbox and iirc someone said games are very expensive in india. So this could probably interest new customers or whatever.

When ever Gamepass is mentioned it always brings them out. This is a great deal for those who can get it, I never understand people who criticise good dels like this in gaming

Last edited:

A.Romero

This is amazing. Good approach by Microsoft.

I'm starting to believe they could change the gaming landscape dramatically in the next decade.

Kagey K

Banned
Good on MS for doing the right thing by their customers while they upgrade their systems to meet the new requirements.

As a pleasant side effect…. the seething from some in this thread has been entertaining.

Last edited:

Md Ray

Games that caught my eye and downloading atm:

Hades
Yakuza 0
FH4
Ori 2
Flight Sim 2020
Yakuza Like a Dragon
Dirt 5
RE7
Gears 4
GoW Ultimate
The Ascent
The Medium
Lonely Mountains
Streets of Rage 4
Twelve Minutes
Halo MCC
Psychonauts 2
Raji
Cricket 19

Some of them I've already played before like RE7, FH4, and Flight Sim a little bit, but never played any Gears game except for Gears 5. So can't wait for them to finish downloading.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
This is crazy. Soon Microsoft will pay you just so you subscribe to Game Pass.

The best deal in gaming indeed.

Hades
Yakuza 0
FH4
Ori 2
Flight Sim 2020
Yakuza Like a Dragon
Dirt 5
RE7
Gears 4
GoW Ultimate
The Ascent
The Medium
Lonely Mountains
Streets of Rage 4
Twelve Minutes
Halo MCC
Psychonauts 2
Raji
Cricket 19

Some of them I've already played before like RE7, FH4, and Flight Sim a little bit, but never played any Gears game except for Gears 5. So can't wait for them to finish downloading.

Jeez at that list. Why didn't you subscribe before?

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

Hades
Yakuza 0
FH4
Ori 2
Flight Sim 2020
Yakuza Like a Dragon
Dirt 5
RE7
Gears 4
GoW Ultimate
The Ascent
The Medium
Lonely Mountains
Streets of Rage 4
Twelve Minutes
Halo MCC
Psychonauts 2
Raji
Cricket 19

Play Hades and Ori. Both are great games.

Last edited:
If you like Lonely Mountains, Descenders is on there as well and is basically the same thing with a full 3D camera. Both are a lot of fun.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

Hades
Yakuza 0
FH4
Ori 2
Flight Sim 2020
Yakuza Like a Dragon
Dirt 5
RE7
Gears 4
GoW Ultimate
The Ascent
The Medium
Lonely Mountains
Streets of Rage 4
Twelve Minutes
Halo MCC
Psychonauts 2
Raji
Cricket 19

Download and play Prey. It's better than all of these games combined.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I started this yesterday. Im not sold. The gloo gun is terrible and everything just keeps morphing into headcrabs
Gloo gun is one of the best tools ever put in a video game. 😲

If you expect a first-person-shooter type of game then this is not it.

cormack12

Gold Member
Gloo gun is one of the best tools ever put in a video game. 😲

If you expect a first-person-shooter type of game then this is not it.

I've tried to use no guns but even creeping round I'm just waiting for an object to turn into a headcrab and wrench it. I'm not far in like. There doesn't seem to be a point in creeping because it forces me into fights with the mimics anyway, especially when looting.

The big guys are almost one hit kills too

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I've tried to use no guns but even creeping round I'm just waiting for an object to turn into a headcrab and wrench it. I'm not far in like. There doesn't seem to be a point in creeping because it forces me into fights with the mimics anyway, especially when looting.

My tips on how to enjoy Prey from another thread:
  1. Play on the highest difficulty level (Nightmare).
  2. Play with all survival options ON.
  3. Disable waypoints / HUD markers. The game is 100% playable like that thanks to very real-life like level design (signs on walls etc.).
  4. Don't install Psychoscope mod that enables you to detect Mimics.
  5. Look around, below and above you. There are secrets everywhere and multiple way to deal with a problem.
  6. Read terminals and listen to audio-logs to discover all sort of smaller stories of the crew of Talos I.
  7. Don't rush. The main story is there just to get you from area to area. It's nothing special. It's the little stories that matter in this game.
  8. Combat in this game is not about shooting. Scan your enemies with Psychoscope and learn their weaknesses. It's more like a puzzle than anything else.
  9. Optionally, keep a pen and paper close to you and write down names and connections between crew members. I'm terrible with names so this helped me.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Reading GAF it seems that everybody wants to sub to Gamepass but nobody wants to pay for it. Every poster talks about certain tricks you can do to avoid a higher fee, be it conversion of existing subs, 1$ deals or just plain free. Very strange attitude. I wonder how many will stick to the service when/if MS decides to raise the fee or close all loopholes.
People have been saying shit like this for like 3yrs now. I'm going to re-up for another few years when my sub expires next month.

When a trillion dollar company offers you a deal, take it. I can assure you they're not hurting, but thanks for the concern anyway.

People have been saying shit like this for like 3yrs now. I'm going to re-up for another few years when my sub expires next month.

When a trillion dollar company offers you a deal, take it. I can assure you they're not hurting, but thanks for the concern anyway.

I now deeply regret signing up until May 2024 by using various deals to get three years subscription for about €90 or so, instead I should pay $70 per game and be happy about it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Game Pass threads really fill the ban list. A gift that keeps on giving.
Yup. The past week or two have been one giant culling. Although almost all are temp bans. If you check the posts that did it, almost all of them are quick drive by snips, where they hope it squeaks through.

It seems the days of big lengthy fan war messages are over.

It's hit and runners now praying no mods notice.

FrankWza

You cannot pay for it even if you wanted to.
They can pay you in salt

Gamepass becoming more illegal by the day. Good Lord.
I now deeply regret signing up until May 2024 by using various deals to get three years subscription for about €90 or so, instead I should pay $70 per game and be happy about it.

Game Pass threads really fill the ban list. A gift that keeps on giving.
It goes to show who spams that report button that’s mentioned in the sticky. Obviously, since the posts I quoted above aren’t banned. There’s also not supposed to be threads like this per the mods making an OT that this should be mentioned in. It’s around here somewhere. It’s all part of this dish it but can’t take it issue.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I think they would have already if needed, but sales on hardware have been brisk without.
The x for sure, the s in some regions is still hard to get. And even in regions where s isn't sold out I bet they expect it to at Christmas.
But I would expect a gamepass bundle with the s at some point.

I've seen bundles with 3 months of Gamepass, but that's not a lot.

Should be 12 months free with every console sold. I'm hoping Microsoft will do that when I finally pick up an X.

cragarmi

That should keep the investors happy till the next meeting. Why not upgrade to GPU while your at it, and double your impact on their subscription numbers. #Roadto50mil

Pallas

Really good value, I’m not sure how big Xbox is in India but I hope these gamers really enjoy this.

elliot5

That should keep the investors happy till the next meeting. Why not upgrade to GPU while your at it, and double your impact on their subscription numbers. #Roadto50mil
what? Did you not read that it is game pass ultimate being offered? How does that double sub numbers

Last edited:

Which difficulty level are you playing on?

Phantoms don't die in a shot of wrench even after a lot of upgrades. On normal.

Initially, I had to use stealth and avoid combat altogether to survive.

As for mimics, it gives clear audio cues when near one.

Reactions: Isa
It goes to show who spams that report button that’s mentioned in the sticky. Obviously, since the posts I quoted above aren’t banned. There’s also not supposed to be threads like this per the mods making an OT that this should be mentioned in. It’s around here somewhere. It’s all part of this dish it but can’t take it issue.
So much pain and injustice in this cruel world of ours.

TheGrat1

Good form by Microsoft. Nothing but a positive move here from a consumer's perspective.
billy-dee-williams-clapping.gif

This should not have been necessary, though. Could the Indian government not give advance enough warning?

ReBurn

Gold Member
Thread was a giant trap for the trolls lol.

This would make sense considering its not a strong market for Xbox and iirc someone said games are very expensive in india. So this could probably interest new customers or whatever.
Console gaming hasn't really taken off in India. It's not a strong market for console gaming, period. According to IGN India Sony had shifted about 20,000 PS5's in India by the time PS5 had passed 10 million units worldwide, but that number was from their own retail survey since Sony doesn't break out numbers for India any more. It took a year and a half after launch to sell 50,000 PS4's there. Console gaming is really expensive there compared to other gaming options because of the import duty on electronics, lack of regional pricing, and the lower relative income in India compared to other countries. Most of the gaming there is mobile and PC because those are platforms people prioritize out of necessity.

People there tend to earn so much less than people in other countries that game consoles are luxury items. The PS5 disc edition and Xbox Series X have MSRP of about 50K INR. With an average monthly salary of 16K INR console gaming is definitely a luxury. Even Series S at 35K INR is a tough sell for most people there. Although this is not an offer to entice people to the platform 8 months of free games could maybe drive some console sales. I would be surprised if it makes much difference, though. Especially with how much the economy there has been impacted by covid and government regulation.

elliot5

Console gaming hasn't really taken off in India. It's not a strong market for console gaming, period. According to IGN India Sony had shifted about 20,000 PS5's in India by the time PS5 had passed 10 million units worldwide, but that number was from their own retail survey since Sony doesn't break out numbers for India any more. It took a year and a half after launch to sell 50,000 PS4's there. Console gaming is really expensive there compared to other gaming options because of the import duty on electronics, lack of regional pricing, and the lower relative income in India compared to other countries. Most of the gaming there is mobile and PC because those are platforms people prioritize out of necessity.

People there tend to earn so much less than people in other countries that game consoles are luxury items. The PS5 disc edition and Xbox Series X have MSRP of about 50K INR. With an average monthly salary of 16K INR console gaming is definitely a luxury. Even Series S at 35K INR is a tough sell for most people there. Although this is not an offer to entice people to the platform 8 months of free games could maybe drive some console sales. I would be surprised if it makes much difference, though. Especially with how much the economy there has been impacted by covid and government regulation.
Console gaming may not, but that's where the cloud aspect comes in. If they're all using phones and computers they can reach them fairly easily that way. And India's internet/telephone infrastructure isn't that bad and could definitely stream games.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Console gaming may not, but that's where the cloud aspect comes in. If they're all using phones and computers they can reach them fairly easily that way. And India's internet/telephone infrastructure isn't that bad and could definitely stream games.
Cloud is definitely a good way to increase content delivery there. Most people there connect via their mobile phones and data is relatively cheap.

Wow very very generous of MS, especially because the "issue" isnt even caused by them.

But is Xbox or Gamepass even a thing in India?
I cannot imagine that there a lot of Xbox or Gamepass users there.
It is you rich country guy. People in developing country also play games.

There are many game pass users there but they use it mainly game pass PC and some Xbox

I started this yesterday. Im not sold. The gloo gun is terrible and everything just keeps morphing into headcrabs
I know it's a really popular game and I bought it when it first came out but this is pretty much how I felt too. I can sort of understand what they were going for but I found the constant feelings of "That chair is going to attack me", "That potted plant is going to attack me", "Those curtains are going to attack me", etc to be incredibly boring. In particular when that chair, that potted plant and those curtains all seemingly turned into exactly the same things before they attacked me.
Not really anything to do with this thread but a it was mentioned.

Kagey K

Banned
LOL, you know why they do this right?
Because the banks changed the way subscription payments can be done in the country, and they are giving the people a break while updating thier systems to the new laws?

Or is it something more sinister?

Hydroxy

If Microsoft wants to compete with Sony and offer value, they should first be cutting the price of Series S in India by atleast $100 equivalent. Its too overpriced currently. PS5 digital edition is just $70 more and far more powerful.
how much 489 equals to €?
€6.60 after taxes

Top Bottom