• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass for PC pricing revealed ahead of E3 event

Hari Seldon

Ok I got the Xbox App installed on PC by upgrading to the 1903 build. But it errors out if I try to download a large game like Forza, Sea of Thieves, or Gears 4. I was able to get Bomber Crew tho. Anyone else actually able to download stuff? I want to know if it is a problem on my end or the servers are getting hammered.

bilderberg

Ok I got the Xbox App installed on PC by upgrading to the 1903 build. But it errors out if I try to download a large game like Forza, Sea of Thieves, or Gears 4. I was able to get Bomber Crew tho. Anyone else actually able to download stuff? I want to know if it is a problem on my end or the servers are getting hammered.

I finally got Metro to start dl'ing after separating the 'xbox game services' and 'metro' downloads. What a pain in the ass. I can't even figure out how to use the Metro benchmark because it's in the directory, which windows apps don't allow you to access. You would hope they would fix their shitty distribution service before rolling this out, but nope, still as shitty as ever.

Hari Seldon

I finally got Metro to start dl'ing after separating the 'xbox game services' and 'metro' downloads. What a pain in the ass. I can't even figure out how to use the Metro benchmark because it's in the directory, which windows apps don't allow you to access. You would hope they would fix their shitty distribution service before rolling this out, but nope, still as shitty as ever.

I figured it out. The stupid ass xbox app was ignoring my settings for the harddrive where I wanted to install the game to. So the large games were too large for my C drive even though I had my large gaming drive selected in the app. I had to change it in windows settings. The xbox app settings are apparently ignored or not used. What a pile of shit lol. I can't believe MS doesn't know how to code shit for their own OS as simple as downloading and installing a game to a seperate harddrive. No wonder they have to practically give away games to get me to use this shit.

I used this guide to change my windows settings.

Edit: Oh if you want access to the actual game directories in \Program Files\WindowsApps use this guide:

I did the manual option instead of downloading the reg hack.

Last edited:

bilderberg

I figured it out. The stupid ass xbox app was ignoring my settings for the harddrive where I wanted to install the game to. So the large games were too large for my C drive even though I had my large gaming drive selected in the app. I had to change it in windows settings. The xbox app settings are apparently ignored or not used. What a pile of shit lol. I can't believe MS doesn't know how to code shit for their own OS as simple as downloading and installing a game to a seperate harddrive. No wonder they have to practically give away games to get me to use this shit.

I used this guide to change my windows settings.

Edit: Oh if you want access to the actual game directories in \Program Files\WindowsApps use this guide:

I did the manual option instead of downloading the reg hack.

Now I think I know what the issue was. The error kept telling me 'install to the system drive' which my windows settings are already designated to do. However, the default install location in the xbox app was a separate SSD. It must have been confusing the two. I guess because 'xbox game services' has to be installed to the system drive, when both that and Metro were dl'ing together it was trying to install 'xbox game services' to my separate SSD because that was the default install location for some reason. Why cant it just ask me what drive I want to install to at the point of download like every other service out there? And thanks for the reg hack, unfortunately I don't see the benchmark in the directory. They probably didn't even bother including it in the windows store version because why bother if users aren't even expected to access it.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Initial IPO raises cash. After that, what happens to public stock has no bearing on the company except for shareholder meetings where a CEO can get voted out.

It has all the bearing in the world.

Company stock is a finite resource (in most cases) Company does well, stock is all sold. But I want to buy some of that stock! so I have to pay a premium over the IPO, this drives price up.
Price continues to drive up as company preforms even better, so now I have to pay even more for that stock.

This maters to the company because they usually hold most of the stock along with usually the creators, they are driven to perform well it affects their personal wealth. They can also sell stock to fund projects or do buy backs to regain more control over said company.

Most companies also pay dividends once they start turning a continual profit. Think Disney just did 70 cents a share or something on their last quarter.

TheUsual

Gold Member
So...anyone getting weird glitches with the Xbox beta app? I downloaded Metro Exodus in full and launch via the Xbox beta app, but the game hasn't saved any video settings or game checkpoints and quicksaves. I played through the complete intro and saved, but when relaunched, it made me go through it all again. I did this 3 times with no avail.
I noticed if you go into the Microsoft Store and search for the game, it will detect it was installed and will let you launch. Going this route is saving video settings and checkpoints/quick saves in the game.

Last edited:

Falcs

Banned
Damn.. I'd love to get in on this, but I just can't seem to feel any interest in any of those games. Xbox has just never appealed to me.

Ivellios

So i never had an Xbox before so can anyone answer some really noob questions?

In my country, the Xbox game pass for pc only is on a really good price, i can subscribe the first month for only R$1 and after that its R$14/month, but this price is listed only for the beta phase.

So after the beta will the price increase to R$30? Or is this price only for people who subscribes after the beta phase?

Anyone played Metro Exodus through the Gamepass for PC having issues with the game looking extremely blurry? It's like DLSS is forced on even though I have it turned off, it looks like the game just isn't rendering at native resolution for my 1440p monitor.

Nydus

Gold Member
Holy fuck is this app a clusterfuck.

-i cant decide what language the game has
-to change the install location i have to change it for the whole of windows
-after using it i cant uninstall store apps anymore
-have to reinstall windows now

thanks but no thanks. my time is more worth then those cheap games.

Holy fuck is this app a clusterfuck.

-i cant decide what language the game has
-to change the install location i have to change it for the whole of windows
-after using it i cant uninstall store apps anymore
-have to reinstall windows now

thanks but no thanks. my time is more worth then those cheap games.

Right click on the installed games to the left of the new game pass app and an option to uninstall will appear in the context sensitive menu.

Nydus

Gold Member
Right click on the installed games to the left of the new game pass app and an option to uninstall will appear in the context sensitive menu.
Nah bro. My windows store got completely fucked. Trying to uninstall the games threw an error code. For testing I installed treesize and also wasn't able to remove it afterwards.

I have a big enough backlog as is, so waiting till they fixed their shit is no problem. Well...if they ever fix it.

Funny sidenote: it installed Wolfenstein on D: (my game ssd) but kept the installer for it on C: (my small but very fast OS nvme) with no way to delete them. Why???

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
So wait what would happen if I bought an Xbox live 12 month card right now if someone already had ultimate?

T-Cake

So wait what would happen if I bought an Xbox live 12 month card right now if someone already had ultimate?

It would get converted to Ultimate but for the 12 months you only get 9 months of Ultimate or something like that. You get a certain ratio of the amount.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Something interesting I discovered:

I have downloaded Metro Exodus and Wolfenstein New Colossus using Gamepass.

Apparently, these games have their own separate achievement lists.

So if you want to replay these games and add some points to your gamerscore, then here is one way.

Top Bottom