• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass for PC pricing revealed ahead of E3 event

Typhares

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/9/18658522/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-pc-pricing-e3-2019

Microsoft has published its Xbox Game Pass for PC pricing ahead of the company’s E3 event later today. The subscription service will be available at $4.99 per month, with access to at least 10 games during the beta phase. Gears 5, which Microsoft lists as “coming soon,” is part of the Xbox Game Pass for PC, alongside titles like Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
Microsoft appears to be launching the beta of the service today, priced at just $1 per month until it’s launched more generally. Like its console counterpart, Xbox Game Pass for PC will allow Windows 10 users to download games from the subscription service and play them both online and offline. Microsoft has promised to support more than 100 games from over 75 developers for Xbox Game Pass on PC.

EDIT:
Here are all games available in Xbox Game Pass for PC right now:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-game-pass-pc-games/cfq7ttc0kgq8?activetab=pivot:eek:verviewtab&wa=wsignin1.0

Edit: Here is the list of all games available: https://gg.deals/blog/full-list-of-xbox-game-pass-for-pc/ not sure which is correct between all those available right now or after beta.

Last edited:

Leonidas

The full list of PC games available right now is listed below. It's already at over 100 games.

ABZU
ACA NEOGEO METAL SLUG X
Antiquia Lost
ARK: Survival Evolved
Astroneer
Battle Chasers: Nightwar
Battle Chef Brigade Deluxe
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
Bomber Crew
Bridge Constructor Portal
Broforce
Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons
Book of Demons
Clustertruck
Crackdown 3
Crosscode
Die for Valhalla!
Disneyland Adventures
Everspace
Fez
Football Manager 2019
Full Metal Furies
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
Gears of War 4
Guacamelee 2
Halo: Spartan Assault
Halo: Spartan Strike
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition
Hatoful Boyfriend
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Hello Neighbor
Hollow Knight
Hotline Miami
Imperator: Rome
Into The Breach
Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition
Forza Horizon 4 standard edition
MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
Metro Exodus
Mindzone
Moonlighter
MudRunner
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
Neon Chrome
Old Man's Journey
Operencia: The Stolen Sun
Opus Mangum
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You
Oxenfree
Pony Island (Daniel Mullins Games)
ReCore
RiMe: Windows Edition
Riptide GP: Renegade
Rise of Nations: Extended Edition
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rush: A Disney-Pixar Adventure
Ruiner
Samorost 3
Sea of Thieves: Anniversary Edition
Shenmue I & II
Silence - The Whispered World 2
Sinner for Windows 10
Slay The Spire
Shoot n Merge 2048
Smoke and Sacrifice
Snake Pass
State of Decay 2
Stealth Inc 2
SteamWorld Dig 2
Sunset Overdrive
Super Lucky's Tale
SUPERHOT - Windows 10
Supermarket Shriek
Surviving Mars - First Colony Edition
Riverbond
Tacoma
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
The Banner Saga
The Banner Saga 2
The Banner Saga 3
The Flame In The Flood
The Gardens Between
The Last Door: Season 2 Collector's Edition
The Messenger
The Stillness of the Wind
The Surge
The Turing Test
Thimbleweed Park
Thumper
Tyranny Gold Edition
Valkyria Chronicles
Vampyr
Void Bastards
Wandersong
Wargroove
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
West Of Loathing
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
We Happy Few
Wizard of Legend
Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection

It's a nice line up I think and solves some of the issues I had with Game Pass previously. Metro Exodus being available now is pretty huge too as it was an Epic Games exclusive previously...

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
So, this has likely been answered, but I have game pass for Xbox, does that mean I’m good to go? Or do I need this sub as well?

Woffls

Xbox GP and PC GP are separate subscriptions, so you need to pay for both.

They are both included in Xbox GP Ultimate, though. At the moment you can combine your XBL/GP months and convert them to GP Ultimate if you are an Xbox Insider. I now have three years of ultimate.

Reactions: Isa

They are both included in Xbox GP Ultimate, though. At the moment you can combine your XBL/GP months and convert them to GP Ultimate if you are an Xbox Insider. I now have three years of ultimate.

Well that's dumb. Game Pass should be cross all platforms.

Dunki

Or you get the ultimate game pass which also includes live for 15$ or € a month.

Well 1 Euro is too good to pass up and in future it will be 4 € that is really cheap and hey EPIC: This is how you get people into your store. Through a good working app (the new gamespass app and these insane prices or values while still offering your own games on steam and CO).

HeresJohnny

Say I'm a company with a game on that list. How do I make any money off of it? What are my royalties on $5 divided up by what, a hundred? A nickel made for each player? So, if Microsoft signs up a million players for this service, a game company would make $50 grand? 10 million players and they'd make $500 grand. I just don't see how the math works for any company to rely on this in any way.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Say I'm a company with a game on that list. How do I make any money off of it? What are my royalties on $5 divided up by what, a hundred? A nickel made for each player? So, if Microsoft signs up a million players for this service, a game company would make $50 grand? 10 million players and they'd make $500 grand. I just don't see how the math works for any company to rely on this in any way.

No company is relying soley on this

Stuart360

Yeah i dont fuilly understand it. It could be that multiplatoform games come to Gamepass 2 or 3 months after they release, that would make sense.

Dunki

How does netflix work?

Yeah i dont fuilly understand it. It could be that multiplatoform games come to Gamepass 2 or 3 months after they release, that would make sense.
No many new games will be on there too. Riverbond is on there for example.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

It's just another source of revenue. Combined with other markets. Looking at other streaming services shows it's the same type of marketplace. The content is created and distributed through many different sources and it adds up.

Reactions: Isa

HeresJohnny

How does netflix work?
Movies release the in the theater beforehand, for starters and they often make back their entire production costs on that alone. Oftentimes, it's far more than that when you account for overseas markets. Other than that, I don't know. Plus, movies are far more popular with a much wider range of people worldwide. Gaming makes more money, but this is about users. For example, Netflix has 150 million PAYING users. I don't think a video game service has a remote chance of approaching that.

Just did the math and assuming I didn't fail and assuming the company would retain a nickel for every user (doubtful as the service would grow and the pie would be divided up into smaller pieces) and assuming the service somehow became as big as Netflix and gained 150 million paying users, the company would get 7.5 million for releasing a game on Gamepass. Shadow of the Tomb Raider cost between 75 and 100 million to make, and the promotion of games is often 35 million. Even by the most optimistic of forecasts, how could Game Pass ever be anything more than niche for companies?

Last edited:

Leonidas

Do you lose your access to an installed game if you cancel your Xbox Game Pass on PC?

Of course, they aren't going to let people sign up for a month, download all the games and keep it forever :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The game remains installed but you will be prompted to either re-up or buy the game.

• LOL
Reactions: 888

HeresJohnny

That's most likely. Just like with movies, they'd have to make the majority of their money on the first release and then rely on Gamepass to pick up the stragglers. Thing is, would knowing that Gamepass is going to have a game a few months down the road kill the desire to spend $60 on one at release? I know it would for me. Aren't they kind of fucking themselves here? I mean, it works for movies, but it only costs $10 to go see a film in theaters, games are way more expensive.

Stuart360

That's most likely. Just like with movies, they'd have to make the majority of their money on the first release and then rely on Gamepass to pick up the stragglers. Thing is, would knowing that Gamepass is going to have a game a few months down the road kill the desire to spend $60 on one at release? I know it would for me. Aren't they kind of fucking themselves here? I mean, it works for movies, but it only costs $10 to go see a film in theaters, games are way more expensive.
I think i could probably wait for the game coming to Gamepass, but a lot wouldnt. We live ina world where people pay $5 for dirt on their characters face.
Plus in a lot of cases, they probably wont confirm a game coming to Gamepass until the last possible time.

Last edited:
I will be subscribing to this, $5 / month is a great deal. Once I beat all the games I like, I’ll just cancel it till more games come out.

Vasto

I did the same thing.

Exentryk

That’s a bit of a stupid question you know.

Of course you will loose access.

Damn, that price is really something.
Of course, they aren't going to let people sign up for a month, download all the games and keep it forever :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The game remains installed but you will be prompted to either re-up or buy the game.
Well, since you can play offline, you might be able to do that (for a certain time).

DanielsM

Banned
Netflix doesn't work, they had negative cash flow of $3 billion in 2018 and the only reason they can sustain their operations is that they keep issuing debt that investors are (at the moment) willing to buy. Netflix has over $12 billion in debt.

Don't try and talk sense into the younger generation, they've lived a good portion of their lives in a zero interest rate world, they have no idea eventually there is a price to be paid.

I literally laugh when someone uses the word "disruptive", usually what it means is the company burns cash as a business model and haven't experience the negative side of things yet ---- YET is the key word.

bilderberg

Alright, I was pissed because if you were already a game pass subscriber on pc, for play anywhere titles, you had to pay another $5 to unlock pc gamepass. If you just search 'Xbox Game Pass Ultimate' you can sub for just a $1.

Edit: And i'm getting errors dl'ing anything from the ms store.

Last edited:

Vasto

Alright, I was pissed because if you were already a game pass subscriber on pc, for play anywhere titles, you had to pay another $5 to unlock pc gamepass. If you just search 'Xbox Game Pass Ultimate' you can sub for just a $1.

Edit: And i'm getting errors dl'ing anything from the ms store.

Get the new Xbox App.

If its not available to donwload

1. Open thes link to the new Xbox Beta app

2. Copy / Past the link here and open the 2nd link thats 88.17 mb

Now you have the new Xbox app and dont have to use the Windows Store.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
Netflix doesn't work, they had negative cash flow of $3 billion in 2018 and the only reason they can sustain their operations is that they keep issuing debt that investors are (at the moment) willing to buy. Netflix has over $12 billion in debt.

They had a negative cash flow because they spent close to $13 billion on original content, just in 2018 alone their original content grew by 90%. You have to spend money to make money, they still brought in roughly $4billion in revenue in 2018 in every quarter. Add in licencing of third party (which this investment is to kill off over time) and realestate they have been acquiring plus running costs...

Just in the first quarter of 19 that jumped $500 million to 4.5 billion in revenue plus another 10 million subscribers. $12 billion is absolute fuck all for a company valued $160 billion by share holders and could easily be settled in share sales to be bought back at a later date, what's the point when interest is pretty much 0 at the moment but? it's been constantly one of my best performing holdings with Microsoft. They've mentioned in several share holder reports they expect 2019 to be the peak of spending habits before it winds down again so expect another year of losses.

Anyone who hasn't jumped on this wagon should, and should soon. The growth of continual subscribers is massive, add in the size that their original content base keeps growing that has no extra costs after the initial one but is of massive worth... Once they wind down content spending back to normal numbers you'll see great numbers here in annual income.

It's the Office 365 of media. It will print money.

Disney before they launch streaming will be a goer also, should of jumped on the Disney bandwagon awhile back but before the Marvel and Starwars fads. The writing was on the wall to :(

Stuart360

Yeah people are right about Netflix being in debt, but they are still very much in the 'you have to speculate to accumilate' stage. If they are still losing money 10 years from now, then fair enough.

Top Bottom