• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass - 2023: 61 Titles - The Full List Of Everything Announced So Far

wayne_joyce

Neo Member
I highly doubt that Final Fantasy VII Rebirth will be coming to gamepass along with some of these other titles also. And is it just me?....but the other day I actually took the time to scroll through the current gamepass library and I noticed that there are nowhere near as many good titles as have been on there in the past. The good titles have started to slip away only to be replaced by indie filler titles. So much so in fact that I'm not sure if it's worth keeping it anymore (since I have purchased most of the good xbox titles I want on store sales). I counted maybe 3 or 4 titles on gamepass I am genuinely interested in playing. And while it is nice to try certain titles before buying, I can clearly see that the value of gamepass and the quality is going down. Unless xbox counters soon with some decent first party exclusives I can see myself cancelling. Microsoft can't keep living on promises forever. I won't even touch on greedy Sony because they have pissed me off so many times, like when they cancelled the family sharing plan last year or the year before and tied games to one account only. But....they make the investments in the blockbusters at least like God of War and Horizon, Days Gone, Ghost of Tsushima. If only they would clear house and get rid of the Naughty Dog writers who spew out trash like the Last of Us and replace them with real talent. What a waste of artists and levels designers working for Druckman and company.

reksveks

I highly doubt that Final Fantasy VII Rebirth will be coming to gamepass along with some of these other titles also. And is it just me?....
Are you referring to the image in my post? You can have a look at the columns to see what platform it is going to be out on and if its on GP.

but the other day I actually took the time to scroll through the current gamepass library and I noticed that there are nowhere near as many good titles as have been on there in the past. The good titles have started to slip away only to be replaced by indie filler titles. So much so in fact that I'm not sure if it's worth keeping it anymore (since I have purchased most of the good xbox titles I want on store sales). I counted maybe 3 or 4 titles on gamepass I am genuinely interested in playing. And while it is nice to try certain titles before buying, I can clearly see that the value of gamepass and the quality is going down. Unless xbox counters soon with some decent first party exclusives I can see myself cancelling. Microsoft can't keep living on promises forever.
That's fine, everyone wants different things and sometimes services doesn't give you content that you want and as a consumer, you should save your money. I don't see some of the games as 'indie filler' but you may.

reksveks

Where did you see it was coming? Part 1 hasn’t even ported.

Spooky ghosts will remain moneyhatted for a couple more years at the very least.
Wonder if they aren't looking at the columns in my post's image.

Only posted as a quick way to show what games I am going to play via GP.

Last edited:

Jaybe

Do we have a full list of what they dropped last year? It’s hard to tell with PC and Cloud duplicates.

I’m annoyed that Darktide turned out to be PC only last year, didn’t recall that being specified in their advertising earlier in the year. I also think they held off late Dec and early to mid Jan announcements so they could have a bunch of game pass ‘news’ at their Jan 25th show. Looking forward to age of empires on Xbox though and hope it controls well.

kiphalfton

Whoa 😮

not.gif

Roberts

Counted 18 games that I really want to play based on trailers or developers' previous work and around 10 that I'm curious to check out. I'm open minded about the rest - just don't know much about these games. So, I will be eating good this year, that is for sure.

mxbison

Looking at that list Sony looks like they have more quality on ps+

Going purely by quality of the available games I would agree, but day 1 releases make a huge difference IMO.

I've already played most of the good stuff by the time it arrives on PS+.

Havoc2049

I'm in for Persona 4, Age of Empires II, Redfall, Starfield, Forza Motorsport and Age of Empires IV. Also looking forward to the Sea of Thieves and Halo Infinite updates.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I'm curious about Routine - But it's not listed for PC.. So I guess try on Xbox GP and if good buy on Steam.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It's barely Feb, that's a very solid list of games that we know of so far and a lot more that we don't.

Game Pass has been a fantastic service so far. Looks like it'll continue to be the same in '23.

twilo99

D1

• Hi-Fi Rush
• Atomic Heart
• Wo-Long Fallen Dynasty
• Monster Hunter Rise
• Minecraft Legends
• Redfall
• Forza Motorsport
• Starfield
• Exoprimal
• City Skylines II
• Lies of P
• Valheim

Roberts

I miss all kinds of weird little indies that popped up throughout the last year, but I'm pretty sure we will eventually get those too. That said, holy shit, what a year it is going to be. Can say it once again: GP is by far the best deal in gaming and it is not even close.

Last edited:
Top Bottom