• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBox fans! Are you getting XSX day one, or sticking with another platform?

Are you getting XSX day one, or sticking with another platform?

• Day 1

Votes: 153 60.7%
  • Starting on a different platform

Votes: 27 10.7%
  • I'm going with the Other System~

Votes: 72 28.6%

• Total voters

nikolino840

I guess given how many people selected the third option, they fail or ignored the fact that the prompt was written for Xbox fans specifically. True just because you are buying a PS5 day one doesn't exclude you from enjoying Xbox, but fan is short for fanatic - a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal. So I would venture that people buying into the competing platform on day one instead of Xbox are not fans.
I think for fan in this thread mean that they like Xbox and they buy the consoles

In my case yeah i like Xbox and i have only one console and i play almost everyday
So yeah i buy series x becouse i don't need a ps5 to play games

I'm not expecting them soon. I expect to continue gaming with Game Pass
1. The Medium*
2. Halo Infinite*
3. The Ascent
4. Scorn*
5. Valhalla
6. Cyberpunk
7. Enhanced Forza Horizon 4*
8. Ori and The Will of the Wisp enhanced*
9. Gears Tactics*
10. Gears 5 enhanced*
11. Watch Dogs Legion
12. Microsoft Flight Simulator*
13. CrossfireX*
14. Countless other games
$740

PS5
1. Spiderman
2. TLOU2
3. Ghost of Tshushima
4. Deathloop
5. Ghostwire Tokyo
$780

After making this list, I will probably hold off on plans to get the PS5 so soon. Only one of those is a launch game. Both consoles need to show what is coming for launch for sure. The dollar value is assumed if both consoles are $500.
if you put in your ps5 list the 3 multiplatform games you put on xbox (supposing here that you don't care for the best version of them), ps5 bill would be close to $1000

DavidGzz

if you put in your ps5 list the 3 multiplatform games you put on xbox (supposing here that you don't care for the best version of them), ps5 bill would be close to $1000

Yep, I just figured the XSX would have the best versions. Also, the games I listed for Xbox would be a value of about $1300. It would be much higher but I got tired of making a list on my smart phone, lol. There is a lot of gaming for the XSX launch! We are truly spoiled these days. I am old ennough to remember the launch of all consoles besides the Atari. We literally had 1 maybe 2 games during those times that were worth playing at launch. For Playstation 1 is was a wrestling game and Toshinden, Dreamcast I only played Soul Caliber, and PS2, Tekken Tag Tournament. Good times.

Last edited:

Mars2003

Neo Member
Not at launch so far. There' still hasn't been that mic drop moment where I suddenly think to myself "that's why I want/need a XSX". I really though Halo Infinite was going to show that difference, but it looks like something I'll be happy to play on my XOX.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
There’s no easy answers games is #1 priority in making a purchase everyone is on one side of the fence and have strong opinions especially when $ is involved

Yep, I just figured the XSX would have the best versions. Also, the games I listed for Xbox would be a value of about $1300. It would be much higher but I got tired of making a list on my smart phone, lol. There is a lot of gaming for the XSX launch! We are truly spoiled these days. I am old enough to remember the launch of all consoles besides the Atari. We literally had 1 maybe 2 games during those times that were worth playing at launch. For Playstation 1 is was a wrestling game and Toshinden, Dreamcast I only played Soul Caliber, and PS2, Tekken Tag Tournament. Good times.
ah, you missed combat and video olympics
those were really the times :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

TheZink

Are those (at the moment) 12 people going with the other platform on day 1 really fans?

tenor.gif

I’m a huge Xbox fan and have done most of my gaming on it for the past few years but I’m currently very happy with the One X and not very excited about what I’ve seen so far about the launch games. I have Gamepass already payed for through Nov 2021 so I’m good for a while.

I also think PlayStations first party games are superior and my kids really want the new Spider-Man game so I’m picking up the PS5 first. Will probably get the series X when Fable is finally released.

Last edited:
The first time since the original Xbox I won't be buying a new Xbox system on launch day. I have a good PC, so a ps5 makes more sense. I will continue using PC game pass

Hezekiah

Banned
I'm not expecting them soon. I expect to continue gaming with Game Pass
1. The Medium*
2. Halo Infinite*
3. The Ascent
4. Scorn*
5. Valhalla
6. Cyberpunk
7. Enhanced Forza Horizon 4*
8. Ori and The Will of the Wisp enhanced*
9. Gears Tactics*
10. Gears 5 enhanced*
11. Watch Dogs Legion
12. Microsoft Flight Simulator*
13. CrossfireX*
14. Countless other games
$740

PS5
1. Spiderman
2. TLOU2
3. Ghost of Tshushima
4. Deathloop
5. Ghostwire Tokyo
$780

After making this list, I will probably hold off on plans to get the PS5 so soon. Only one of those is a launch game. Both consoles need to show what is coming for launch for sure. The dollar value is assumed if both consoles are $500.
Is the $740 price-tag based on 12 months of $1 GamePass, cos that's a lot of games to play in a short period?

DavidGzz

Is the $740 price-tag based on 12 months of $1 GamePass, cos that's a lot of games to play in a short period?

Yes, I only paid $1 to upgrade my Gold to GPUltimate until 2023. Amazing. Speaking of that, I also get all of the Game Pass games that come out from now until then. Insane. Makes XSX an absolute steal.

Last edited:

Tschumi

Can play all my games day 1, only have so much time with a little boy , so I had to choose , sold my PS4, still have my PSP, vita OLED, PS3 and ps1 mini.

and have a switch.

but Xbox is my main.
I was in a second hand shop just now (i live in Japan) and i saw this super slim PS2.. thin like a softcover romance novel.. was the most seductive bit of tech I've seen in a while~ especially since right next to it were 3 shelves stuffed with PS2 titles.. ghaarl

¥7,500, i dunno, $100 Australian.. maybe 60-80 American? Dunno the rates... wasn't prepared to spend that, alas

Edit: funny thing is, looking through the games i realised that i was bummed it didn't have Metroid Prime or Tales of Symphonia

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom