• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBox fans! Are you getting XSX day one, or sticking with another platform?

Are you getting XSX day one, or sticking with another platform?

• Day 1

Votes: 153 60.7%
  • Starting on a different platform

Votes: 27 10.7%
  • I'm going with the Other System~

Votes: 72 28.6%

• Total voters

DavJay

There’s no point since I own an One X and it can played everything the series X can. Maybe down the line. What MS did was a double edged sword. It’s going to be my prefer platform with game pass and power but I’ll hold off and get the PS5 first since it’ll give me experience I can’t get currently in my ps4 pro.

Last edited:

T-Cake

The Seagate proprietary one is the only one that will work with the XSX at launch.

Yes but a "normal" external USB SSD will run Xbox One games. This is what I was getting at. Whether your SSD was for your Xbone library or to run XSX games. 😜

Danttte

Banned
Yes but a "normal" external USB SSD will run Xbox One games. This is what I was getting at. Whether your SSD was for your Xbone library or to run XSX games. 😜
I see. No, I'm getting it exclusively for the XSX games. I already have a 4TB USB HDD for the XBone games which is almost full.
I'd like to go SSD only on the XSX hence the Seagate one so I can pull a large rotation of games to quick resume through.

Jason28

Has a tiny dick and smaller e-peen
Sticking with PS5. Wanted to buy a Series X, but Microsoft disapointed me.
tenor.gif

the_master

I am not particularly an xbox fan as each generation I have a different favourite console, tis gen was PS4, previous was 360. Next gen I do not know yet what will bring me more joy yet but I will get them both day one. xsex for Halo Infinite and gamepass. The best place for gamepass games and some molties for a long time I guess.

Roberts

Day 1. Just like many of you already mentioned, partially my choice has been made because I have already invested a lot into its ecosystem. But also, because I have almost no complaints about the way MS has been handling XBOX in the last three years.

Ulysses 31

Depends if and how much better it will play BC games, otherwise I'll wait for a couple of XSX games I want before buying.

Quasicat

Series X day one since the load times are greatly improved for the games I already own. Free upgrades on Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 which I bought before subscribing to Game Pass. I will continue to use my Elite 2 controller, which is the best controller I own, plus Rock Band 4 with its controllers work day one.
My Xbox One X will be taken to work since I now have an hour each day of downtime that I need to fill with gaming goodness.

DavidGzz

You seem pretty certain that a PS5 is more than likely to be a mistake - what've you seen to feel that way?

Not a mistake for most just most likely underused by me and by the time it starts to pop off the mid gen refresh may be here. How far is Demons Soul's and the other huge games away? I hope I'm wrong and we get a God of War or something within the first couple of years. It took a while for PS4 to be worth it. Bloodborne was the first and there wasn't much more for a while in my opinion.

Last edited:
I somewhat feel obliged otherwise this would be the first gen where I haven’t got one of the consoles at launch. But I’m also tired of gaming in general, or more specifically the lack of creativity and new ideas. Endless sequels from tired genres have grown old and I can live without them.

So I dunno, maybe 🤷‍♂️

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Day one for me although I have never bought a MS console on day one before. My son has annexed my One X to his room, and I need something to generate pretty pictures on my OLED.

ManaByte

My only question is if I buy it from Best Buy online with store pickup like I did the Switch and One X or if I go directly through MS this time.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Are those (at the moment) 12 people going with the other platform on day 1 really fans?

tenor.gif
Um, Xbox games play on PC. They can be fans and chose that way to continue to support the Xbox ecosystem. The poll is not really worded right for what MS is trying to do.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Um, Xbox games play on PC. They can be fans and chose that way to continue to support the Xbox ecosystem. The poll is not really worded right for what MS is trying to do.
I took that to be the second option, PC or a different Xbox (both still in the MS ecosystem). I felt like the third option is "PS5 day 1". I could have misinterpreted it.

DaGwaphics

Haven't decided yet. It's a rough year with the VCS and Amico launching in the same window. There could even be a next-gen Soulja boy unit, really a lot going on.

Arkam

Xbox fan since OG and had the 360 as my main console that gen. So I was interested in XSX, but MS hasnt shown me a reason to pick them over PS5 or even to ditch my X1X for it at (or even near) launch. Between the X1X and my PC i feel I can wait til holiday 21 to consider buying. I dont use GP (have PSNow) so there is not a viable value proposition for me yet. ANd that is before we even know the price. Might be the first gen where there is a box that is launching w/o a killer app that I want. IF (and from what we saw its a big IF) Halo Infinite ends up being good ill pick it up on X1X or PC depending on how each run.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I am not sure about "fan", but I am invested to the ecosystem, GamePass is nice, some performance boost for BC is going to nice and shit like that. PS5 is exclusives machine, I simply don't like it otherwise, tried with PS3, PS4 and somewhat I stick with Xbox.

Suffice to say, if there would not be Forza Horizon 2,3,4 I am probably still on Playstation. But you know, I like the OS and how it's relatively snappy (in comparison to PS4), easy to use, etc, etc. And well GamePass to me is currated list games which are worth a fuck (most often), so I like that too.

PS: GamePass on Windows needs some work and....why the fuck MCC is not cross platform?! What is that shit?

Tschumi

I somewhat feel obliged otherwise this would be the first gen where I haven’t got one of the consoles at launch. But I’m also tired of gaming in general, or more specifically the lack of creativity and new ideas. Endless sequels from tired genres have grown old and I can live without them.

So I dunno, maybe 🤷‍♂️
i'm kinda thinking i might share those sentiments, considering that the only game i can consistently put time into these days is a game i'm comprehensively addicted to (wow :p atm a TBC private server) that's also probably the one thing stopping me from straight-up planning to get a ps5... i do think i might think again about getting one next year, if any teething problems are ironed out and some good titles are out

Hezekiah

Banned
I'm also getting both consoles even if it's a mistake as far as PS5 is concerned. I want it mostly to play last gen games in higher def/fps and with better load times. I think I will end up playing Demons Soul's and then it will collect dust for a while, the same way the PS4 did after Bloodborne, as their blockbuster games take forever to develop. But whatever, as a huge game fan, I need it all.
I think if you're expecting Microsoft's blockbuster games - Fable, Avowed, Hellblade 2 to be coming any time soon I think you're going to be in for a massive disappointment.

And look how long Halo has been in development for and the state that it's in.

Journey

Banned
Yeah, Im a bit suspicious that some of those voting that will go for the other system are the same that voted for the return of Mattrick to Xbox on the other thread.
Day fucking one here.

It’s like a fly catcher, one easy way to spot the trolls lol

I am not an Xbox Series X fan...
Nor am I a PlayStation 5 fan
Or a PC fan...

But I'll be getting both day one and possibly also giving away an extra 1 PS5 or XSX to my community. Still debating.

Go play Ninja Gaiden Black in 4K and then come back to shit on “old games”.
go play ninja gaiden 2 also in 4k/60.
series x promises auto-hdr and selected doubling of framerates.
I already wrote that ninja gaiden 2 might possibly be again my gameplay goty if that happens

MilkyJoe

I'm not pre-ordering one, I kind of like that whole game of using those auto refreshing stock alerts websites, and trying to buy one in the seconds it takes to sell out.

I will get a ps5 if it is BC with PS1 & 2

But are the same games and the same Xbox UI as the console (list of friends/messages/achievements/...)
These days I'm looking for "new" experiences when it comes to gaming for the most part.
The medium (to me) has been running stale and I can't stand any more reboots/sequels/remakes.
So I assume the majority of my gameplay with take place away from microsofts xbox/gamepasspc infrastructure.

Turns out right now we're mostly playing indie-games that are pretty ugly/simplistic but explore interesting concepts.
You either die a halo player or you see yourself become the hipster :(

i play ninja gaiden sigma plus on my ps vita and it's just about my favourite game on the system xP
xbone x (scorpio) was worth it just for the enhanced bc games alone
ninja gaiden 2 is one of the best games ever made.
recently I replayed some dmc5, and it reeeaaally put things into perspective

I am totally breaking all my master ninja records again when this baby comes to my hands with HDR and 120

Are those (at the moment) 12 people going with the other platform on day 1 really fans?

tenor.gif
You can be a fan of something, and still decide to get the rival product. Someone could be disappointed with their output, or their friends could be switching, or they went the PC route which for a lot of people render an Xbox useless, and so on. OP also didn't mention whether Xbox was your primary platform, he just mentioned fan.

JLB

Banned
You can be a fan of something, and still decide to get the rival product. Someone could be disappointed with their output, or their friends could be switching, or they went the PC route which for a lot of people render an Xbox useless, and so on. OP also didn't mention whether Xbox was your primary platform, he just mentioned fan.

yeah, sure. Make the poll public, I'd love to see some of those "Xbox Fans".

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I guess given how many people selected the third option, they fail or ignored the fact that the prompt was written for Xbox fans specifically. True just because you are buying a PS5 day one doesn't exclude you from enjoying Xbox, but fan is short for fanatic - a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal. So I would venture that people buying into the competing platform on day one instead of Xbox are not fans.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I think I gave up my Xbox fan badge of honor when I barely touched my Xbox One's this gen and didn't even get the mid-gen refresh.

Having said that I'll still get one at launch, because I love gadgets, and my wife uses the Xbox... but for me, MS lost me as primary console last gen, and is incredibly unlikely to get me back next gen. But I will probably play Halo Infinite at launch on XSX, because I just don't trust 343 on the PC port.

I'm a tech fan in general though, and I like some of the Xbox tech.. so I still do consider myself an Xbox fan. And a Playstation fan.. and a Nintendo fan.. and a PC fan...

Tribalism sucks.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I respect this decision and mindset, but I don't understand it: Buying a new console to want to play old games? Why?

It's like saying, I'm going to buy a $5,000 PC with the latest and more powerful GPU, CPU, etc. so I can install all my SNES and N64 ROMs!

Like, I get that it's convenient to be able to play an old game when you feel like it. I recently played Okami on my PS3, but to me, a new console it's meant for experiencing new games, and hopefully, games that couldn't be done before.

Many Xbox fans get excited for BC but if you already have an Xbox One, you can already played all the BC games.

Gamepass seems really cool, and I think if I ever get an Xbox, I'll probably invest in a yearly subscription. (at least). I don't know many games for Xbox, but I'd love to try many of them for the price of three in a year. However, I think people don't realize that not all games will be on gamepass, and, while not confirmed yet, they could also remove games from it from time to time (if they do a business model like Netflix).

I think it's probably similar to Sony fans always crying for Mass Effect or Fallout 3 remasters or getting SOOOO excited about an old game like Demon Souls remastered coming to the PS5.

The difference is Xbox owners don't have to buy remasters, we already have them for free with enhanced BC.

I was going to get a ps5 day one, but the two next gen games i want are on xbox... the medium and halo infinite. idk what to do.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

I think if you're expecting Microsoft's blockbuster games - Fable, Avowed, Hellblade 2 to be coming any time soon I think you're going to be in for a massive disappointment.

And look how long Halo has been in development for and the state that it's in.

I'm not expecting them soon. I expect to continue gaming with Game Pass
1. The Medium*
2. Halo Infinite*
3. The Ascent
4. Scorn*
5. Valhalla
6. Cyberpunk
7. Enhanced Forza Horizon 4*
8. Ori and The Will of the Wisp enhanced*
9. Gears Tactics*
10. Gears 5 enhanced*
11. Watch Dogs Legion
12. Microsoft Flight Simulator*
13. CrossfireX*
14. Countless other games
$740

PS5
1. Spiderman
2. TLOU2
3. Ghost of Tshushima
4. Deathloop
5. Ghostwire Tokyo
$780

After making this list, I will probably hold off on plans to get the PS5 so soon. Only one of those is a launch game. Both consoles need to show what is coming for launch for sure. The dollar value is assumed if both consoles are $500.

Last edited:
Top Bottom