• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Expected to Gain Console Software Market Share over PlayStation & Nintendo By 2026

kingfey

Banned
But we know the reasons why the PS3 was the lowest selling PlayStation console and PS5 isn't repeating any of them

PS3 was $599 at launch
PS3 launched 1 year after the Xbox 360
PS3 had the cell processor with its SPEs which were difficult to develop games for

PS5 will do over one hundred million units easily
And no one knew there would be a pandemic, which will slow down the production of these consoles.

No one knew that Russia will start a real war with Ukraine.

No one knew Microsoft will buy Activision and Bethesda.

All these things are affecting these consoles.

Its not just the price of consoles, using bad operator, making weak consoles or focusing on TV. There are other things that also affects these companies.

Gaming market, is like stock market. You dont know which company will bloom, or which company will go down.

No one believed Xbox could be a major force with PS, considering they sold 30m against that 150m ps2.

Same thing can happen now.

MS has XSS for casuals, which is $300, and $15 gamepass ultimate, which EA games, gamepass, xbox live gold and Xcloud.

That offering can attract casuals to Xbox, while also putting pressure on PS, from the media and gamers (Spartacus).

Its too early to count the victory now. Wait 8 years, and see who can win.

Remember, after Activision deal is done, MS can buy another big publisher.

kingfey

Banned
I mean I know I make stupid jokes that would make Will Smith slap me non stop.
But you guys take this crap way too seriously...
Who cares? Let Sony, MS and Nintendo fight.

Can we all be friends ? please?
Golden Girls Reaction GIF
I tried that. But it's not gonna work sadly.

Another stupid topic, and you will see a blood bath.

Remember those Digital foundry videos? Once those get drop in here, expect some fierce battles.

Top Bottom