• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox development boss teases "exciting" platform updates: "This is just the beginning", currently updating quick resume, broadcasting and more

aries_71

... what the fuck is this thread? Clicked on to see some discussions about what new features and improvements might be in the pipe, and we've got everything from anti-cancel culture rants to sales numbers concern trolling. Borderline brigading at this point.
I too entered this thread hoping to read what were the improvement, just to find out... this. I don't even know how to define it.

At this point I would ask Neogaf management and moderators to take a close look to what's happening and see if there's any way to change course or make things better. Right now any sensible discussion on Xbox is turning a toxic wasteland.

j0hnnix

It's shit posting when you come into a thread literally about future updates to the xbox platform and instead of contributing you smear hot shit all over the platform to confirm your own bias.
I spoke about a feature that would be nice to have and games pertaining to a console. Is that wrong?

e&e

Banned
Lots of off topic discussion in here, this what Neogaf allows?

Anyways, is quick resume only going to work on games approved? Was hoping the entirety of GamePass is quick resume but some games like Star Wars Fallen Order always asking me to login with account and kicks me out of where I left off.

Last edited:

MacReady13

Fuck this shits me. Why can’t they tell us what’s coming for the console? Why the secrecy? I understand if it’s deals still getting done you keep those secret, but stuff already done in terms of games or features, just tell us. Why the secrecy?

carlosrox

Banned
Update the God awful replay system.

Thing is buggy and slow as hell. Crashes or bugs out constantly, if it even works at all.

It's dreadful.

Fredrik

Either way before some of the newly joined users begin to cancel posts because they do not like how it feels maybe consider some of us are upset at what there is to offer from the product we purchased.
Well put. Things won’t improve if we all start singing LEGO’s ”Everything is awesome!”. But MS (and Sony) might actually have people lurking here listening to the complaints and might report back so things get better.

People are just too sensitive in my opinion. And I don’t get why, it’s not like anyone here will be swayed to buy a PS5 over a XSX because of what some random person they’ll never ever meet in real life complain about here. And even if that unlikely scenario would happen, why does it matter??

Roberts

completely agree and when you look at any positive xbox thread be it games or features its shitposted for days afterwards

I used to get angry about it (like how is it possible that somebody has so much hate for a piece of plastic?), put people on ignore list and so on, but then it dawned on me that they are afraid. If XSX was some shitty outdated piece of shit technology with nothing new to offer, nobody would spend time attacking it. Frankly, it is both sad and kind of hilarious.

j0hnnix

Well put. Things won’t improve if we all start singing LEGO’s ”Everything is awesome!”. But MS (and Sony) might actually have people lurking here listening to the complaints and might report back so things get better.

People are just too sensitive in my opinion. And I don’t get why, it’s not like anyone here will be swayed to buy a PS5 over a XSX because of what some random person they’ll never ever meet in real life complain about here. And even if that unlikely scenario would happen, why does it matter??
Thank you! Sadly the post was deleted , possibly misinterpreted by the mods as "console warring" but it was far from that. Anyways, The thread is about future updates so I'll leave it to those users that just want to talk about what Xbox will deliver eventually.

cormack12

Gold Member
Quick resume is a really good feature, when I go swap to the PS5 it is one of the 'noticeable' things I miss. It's just a podcast that a site has tried to make an article out of. Be made at the blogger.

cyen

Thread about a specific thing? Fuck it let's trash it with the usual mumbo jumbo.

We have a great Portuguese saying for 90% of the trash talkers here: "calados eram poetas." (with the mouth shut they sound like poets)

OT: they really need to give visibility on what games are currently suspended on quick resume and at least give a warning if they will close a game. This would make the feature perfect since it's IMO the best next gen sw feature.

All_Might

I am really looking forward to Age of Empires IV and Starfield. I hope they deliver, it’s been a good year for Microsoft & Xbox. They should continue to push really hard.

tenor.gif

Banjo64

cumsessed
How about some games, as it seems that xbox sx is not doing aswelll the xbox one even, i know they are selling out, but just about, in the eu it takes days for new stock to sell out, they are tracking to about xbox one numbers, and that's not good enough
I wish perma-bans would be handed out for blatant lying like this. It just makes the forum look like a laughing stock.

In b4 ‘but muh Norway’.

Last edited:

AmateurPong

It’s impossible to talk anything related to Xbox at Neogaf. It’s just a bitter experience. It doesn’t matter the year, it never changes.

Was it really this bad in the past? It's nearly impossible to check these threads anymore without stepping into a mess of petty attacks from these trolls and haters. Over the last few months the constant aggression from these types have driven away more than a few great posters that contributed to the Xbox OT and elsewhere, it really sucks.

Cool, hopefully some good stuff coming. I’ve always felt when they get it right they do it as good or better than other platforms. The people giving their time to the preview program/insiders, respect to you.

Fake

Why the hell do people care so much about it? Do you stare at it all day?

Yep. People spend more time than you think looking for library, store, apps, settings.

Is people here getting sensetive?

Last edited:
The OG xbox was only great as an emulator machine. Still use it to this to day and have thousands of classics on it.

The 360 however was the best console era for MS ironically because of its exclusives. Since then...MS have failed to sustain that quality. What do we have now? Forza? Gears? Halo? Where's the new shit?
Being developed.

This is "just the beginning" and check the amount of shitposting.

@Bill O'Rights @DGrayson

They don't call it "sonygaf" for nothing. These are all repeat offenders and not a ban in sight yet.
if you're so concerned maybe you should report it, instead of tagging in mods and crying about sonygaf, kinda pathetic tbh.

It is swing and roundabouts.. The usual xboys are just as bad, if not worse. No idea if you lurked or not but joining December 2020 doesn't really give you any perspective at all what was going on here. From March 2020 until the launch of next gen, every OTHER day there was some new FUD thread about the PS5. Not to mention 12TF monster constantly being posted. Just because there is more sony fans since it is more popular doesn't make them the worst. The xboys here might be in the minority but they are very vocal and shit up every playstation exclusive game thread from toul2 to returnal.

Gatox

Banned
And another potentially interesting thread turns into the usual shit show, infested by the usual bellends.

On topic I'd love to see an app added to the UI for controlling the quick resume with an ability to take games out to free up space, would be nice if this was available on the mobile App too. One thing for certain is the UI will go the same as the last with constant progression through updates, its why I wasn't bothered by it carrying over from the last gen as it was completely different to how it started, evolution is better than revolution.

Concern

if you're so concerned maybe you should report it, instead of tagging in mods and crying about sonygaf, kinda pathetic tbh.

It is swing and roundabouts.. The usual xboys are just as bad, if not worse. No idea if you lurked or not but joining December 2020 doesn't really give you any perspective at all what was going on here. From March 2020 until the launch of next gen, every OTHER day there was some new FUD thread about the PS5. Not to mention 12TF monster constantly being posted. Just because there is more sony fans since it is more popular doesn't make them the worst. The xboys here might be in the minority but they are very vocal and shit up every playstation exclusive game thread from toul2 to returnal.

No I'll just lump all of the usual shitposts in one. Its easier that way.

You really have some tinted glasses on lol. Then again you lack self awareness when you bait threads get closed. Since "xbot" gets you banned, you now use "xboy"? Lmao that sounds so stupid.

No I'll just lump all of the usual shitposts in one. Its easier that way.

You really have some tinted glasses on lol. Then again you lack self awareness when you bait threads get closed. Since "xbot" gets you banned, you now use "xboy"? Lmao that sounds so stupid.
you conveniently ignore most of my post and then say I make bait threads? where are these bait threads that I make then? Considering you do lack awareness of what is actually going on, I'll assume you're blind and use brail to type; that must be why you are confusing me with someone else and these 'bait' threads.

keep trying harder to get people banned.

Last edited:

Derktron

Banned
Yep. People spend more time than you think looking for library, store, apps, settings.

Is people here getting sensetive?
I’m sensitive because why the hell do you care so much over a damn 4K UI. You do know that takes up valuable resources that can be used for other things that are more important than a damn 4K screen, does it look that bad for you to notice or something help me understand because this is hilarious 😂😂

Last edited:

Fake

I’m sensitive because why the hell do you care so much over a damn 4K UI. You do know that takes up valuable resources that can be used for other things that are more important than a damn 4K screen, does it look that bad for you to notice or something help me understand because this is hilarious 😂😂

More hilarious is you wondering why people would want a beautiful 4K User Interface on their 4K OLED Tvs.

There are people who care, there are people that don't care. No big deal. You probably are the people who don't care, but seems like you get triggered from those who cares.

Spokker

This is "just the beginning" and check the amount of shitposting.

@Bill O'Rights @DGrayson
Why is it assumed I am a "Sony fanboy" or shitposting? I was looking forward to the Xbox Series X more, but the fact is for the first year it doesn't look like there's a killer app since Halo Infinite was delayed, and nothing else seems to be on the horizon for a while. News about updating quick resume and broadcasting isn't as exciting as game announcements, something Xbox Series X and S desperately need.

I received a warning for my post, "How about some games?" and it was deleted, but I stand by it.

Last edited:
Just wasted ten minutes reading crap above, less and less inclination to come here any more... Every opportunity to derail an MS thread must be taken it seems...

On topic, I love quick resume but it screwed me on Immortals - lost ten hours after a crash when it decided to forget the last six days of activity. Not sure it was totally quick resume’s fault, seems to be a bug with Immortals BUT the fix is not to use quick resume until they patch it apparently. Happening to lots of people.

I personally would love a 4K HDR UI, my tv seems to switch a lot when dropping in and out of games to the dashboard. That said, my tv is due an upgrade this year once I’ve seen reviews on the new Samsung QLEDs and LG OLEDs, and I think that would probably improve the situation. My LG B7 seems to be ageing fast.

Spokker

Oh no, Now it's shit posting when someone criticizes features you want on a product I/You purchased / own.

You should not go around trying to get users banned just because it does not suit your own personal opinion, everyone has a right to speak their mind, it's a forum not a hive mind.
My post here was deleted for my ungodly sin of wondering where all the Xbox games are, then I was insulted in the reason my post was deleted.

wi5f3JB.png

I thought NeoGAF had changed its ways and allowed people to actually express themselves. No, I'm not impressed that they are updating quick resume. I own the system and am wondering, where the games at?

Last edited:
Why is it assumed I am a "Sony fanboy" or shitposting? I was looking forward to the Xbox Series X more, but the fact is for the first year it doesn't look like there's a killer app since Halo Infinite was delayed, and nothing else seems to be on the horizon for a while. News about updating quick resume and broadcasting isn't as exciting as game announcements, something Xbox Series X and S desperately need.

I received a warning for my post, "How about some games?" and it was deleted, but I stand by it.
I think it’s because it could look like the usual cheap shot, but I think you could/should be given the benefit of any doubt. Microsoft is clearly working on resolving their game issues, but it takes time. And when they announce something the fanboys are waiting to pounce and the shitstorm is intense regardless of how good it looks.

Looks good = it’s cgi/not out for years
Looks okay = say it looks shit, hammer an unfunny meme relentlessly until everyone wants to kill themselves
Spend $7bn on one of the most popular publishers of all time = they’re terrible now

Rational people are just over it I think.

People are tired of the same unfunny tools/Craig/another one from the stand up comedians, and ‘no games’ gets lumped in even though it’s more of a commentary than a shit post (at least for some people).

For me, and I have both consoles, PS5 has less I want to play than Series X, but that’s because Series X is my main/multiplat machine, not because of MS’s output. Yet. And of course, there’s GamePass. Which also gets relentlessly attacked because it’s amazing and they feel threatened so they try to say $70 for a new game is great, and DLC is not overpriced at $50, when it would be included on the Xbox with GamePass - defence force is real.

Let people be excited if they want to be excited. Let them prefer what they want to prefer. You don’t gain anything by trying to convince them they’re wrong, it needs to just stop.

Last edited:

Concern

It is derailing. I too have said this gen launch was weak and wasn't going to upgrade till better games released. It speaks volumes when the best game we have on offer is a 13 year remake.

This is teasing upcoming features. Let people discuss the topic. There's already a 2021 upcoming games thread derailed and full of the same shitposting.

ripeavocado

Banned
My post here was deleted for my ungodly sin of wondering where all the Xbox games are, then I was insulted in the reason my post was deleted.

wi5f3JB.png

I thought NeoGAF had changed its ways and allowed people to actually express themselves. No, I'm not impressed that they are updating quick resume. I own the system and am wondering, where the games at?

there millions of better things to do in life before getting angry because someone is critical of your favourite console, even during a pandemic, c’mon!

They don't have any thing coming in the near future so just more promises. It's bullshit.

Now I'm not trying to slag the xbox series x as I have one and if you prefer xbox over ps get one as soon as you can as your old games most likely will play better as these patches ms and sony are doing for old games is great. This goes for playstation 4 owners as well for the ps5.

My thoughts are if you plan on buying a xbox series x sometime in the future you might as well get it now so you have more time with it before the next one comes out. But I wish these people would just shut up and stop saying bullshit.

Spokker

This is teasing upcoming features. Let people discuss the topic. There's already a 2021 upcoming games thread derailed and full of the same shitposting.
I don't think it's shitposting. The reason for my initial snark is that this article annoyed me. As an Xbox Series X owner, I don't want to be teased about bug fixes and see refinements passed off as "upcoming features." They said, "we can't really say too much" but I think they should be throwing us a bone.

Xbox Series X was billed as the console of "no compromises" and I'm feeling kind of scammed right now. That's going to cloud every discussion of the console for me and others who are disappointed.

They always say stuff like this "huge news coming", "huge update" and then in the end it's always a let down, so curb your enthusiasm
Yeah, heaven forbid people are excited about their hobby. Why the need to be a dark cloud on people’s enjoyment? I used to hope my football team would be great this year, and ‘in the end it was always a let down’, but I’d rather have been optimistic than doom and gloom, like you. Then they got bought by Arabian royalty and the rest is history.

These are games, we’re supposed to be doing it for enjoyment. I swear, gamers are one of the most miserable, insecure groups of people in society.

Metnut

I just wish they focused more on games and less on platform stuff and hype. The rest of 2021 doesn’t look too promising as far Series X new games.

Maybe Microsoft can move some of the OS folks over to help make some games? The OS works well, so maybe some of those talented folks could help out elsewhere.

I just wish they focused more on games and less on platform stuff and hype. The rest of 2021 doesn’t look too promising as far Series X new games.

Maybe Microsoft can move some of the OS folks over to help make some games? The OS works well, so maybe some of those talented folks could help out elsewhere.
They can’t make games that fast. If they aren’t set for 2021 now, they aren’t happening. They already fixed that problem (hopefully), it just takes time. No need to not do other things like this in the meantime.

It doesn’t get talked about enough (because it doesn’t put Sony in a good light) but MS’s innovations have been light years ahead of the competition. GamePass, outstanding BC and even Microsoft Rewards - all great steps forward. I want to see them keep innovating in this space as well as fixing their first party problems.

Iced Arcade

yeah it's not like buying Compulsion Games, Double Fine Productions, The Initiative, inXile, Ninja Theory, Obsidian, id Software, Arkane, MachineGames, Tango Gameworks, the Bethesda Game Studios etc in the recent couple of years will have any effect on games. lol

Spokker

Let people be excited if they want to be excited. Let them prefer what they want to prefer. You don’t gain anything by trying to convince them they’re wrong, it needs to just stop.
I have no interest in tempering anyone's excitement and I doubt that posting negative opinions and criticisms, even glibly, accomplishes that. Quite the contrary, it is only those with a negative opinion that were stopped from expressing it. The positivity police seem to have weird obsession with that.

Don’t waste your time - he’s crying that mods don’t do their jobs and saying repeat offenders arent banned yet here you are with a warning. The clown also accused me of making bait threads, yet hasn’t bothered to reply or show receipts; the only thread I’ve made in months is about fallout.

Good for you to sticking to your guns. You’ve paid for something and can discuss your issues in a thread relevant to it without kids screaming do you to be banned.

Top Bottom