• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox currently has a mystery sequel in development that could take as long as a decade to make, it's been revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member
xboxseriesx-1024x613.jpg

Xbox currently has a mystery sequel in development that could take as long as a decade to make, it’s been revealed.

As spotted by Axios’ Stephen Totilo, the game was mentioned in court documents relating to an ongoing legal challenge in which a group of self-indentified gamers are trying to block Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard.

At one point the document explains that triple-A games can take a long time to make, using Halo Infinite as an example (though the length and cost of development is redacted).

It then says: “For instance, according to one Microsoft executive, [redacated], a forthcoming title from the [redacted] franchise, may take a decade to develop.”

If this game is really an entire decade off, why did they even announce the game? It just makes the wait more unbearable and raises expectations.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
Most pointless reveal ever.

SquateEnix could do the same with Final Fantasy XXII. It will be made, eventually.... but all we got now is the name.
Worst part is that the game was still in pre production since Todd's last interview (2021 or 2022).

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They did talk about it way too early. Although at least with this one it isn't like everyone didn't know it would eventually come anyway.

Revealing it too early was probably to appease the shareholders about it as Starfield was already taking too long as it was. (before the 2022 to 2023 delay even).

Bethesda shouldn't have revealed TES6 way early.
It's been 4-5 years since last trailer.

They kind of had to. They announced Fallout 76 being not a game most of us wanted to hear they were making instead of an open-world single-player RPG. So they knew they had to also mention they were still planning to make their more traditional games like TES, and Starfield as sort of pre-emptive damage control announcement.

Kvally

Banned
At this point I'd settle for a Custers revenge remaster.
Christ, give us something!
If in 2023 getting Age of Empires 4 for Xbox, Hi-Fi Rush, Minecraft Legends, FH5 Expansion, Starfield and Forza Motorsport 8 isn't "something", then I think it is high time you sell your Xbox. Sadly, it will never get better than that. If people don't like upcoming games such as those, as well as games like Avowed, Hellblade 2, Fable, Perfect Dark, Everwild, Indiana Jones or whatever else MS is making, you will never like Xbox.

My Xbox sat DEAD in 2022. If that were to happen again, that thing is getting kicked to the curb. This better be the start of them finally releasing games on a cadence. Otherwise, I am going all PS/PC.

Top Bottom