• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Cloud Streaming now available in Australia for all Game Pass Ultimate members

MrFunSocks

Banned
Xbox Cloud Game Streaming just launched out of the blue today here in Australia! Full launch available to every game pass ultimate member on phones, tablets, and PCs.

Just played a bit of Hades, a game that needs fast reaction and interactions, and honestly it was almost imperceptibly different to playing on my Series X. I actually just got the furthest that I've ever gotten, using the weapon that I've used the least, and beat the Bone Hydra the easiest I ever have, which is a great testament to how good the streaming is.

I have fibre to the premise, 100/40 internet download/upload that performs at about 110/35 pretty much all the time, so I am on the upper end of internet connections around here. The PC I played it on is on wifi 5 using a google nest mesh router.

All the other Aussies get on and give it a go!

Nice, currently NBN bound with 100/40 that performs at 110/25 (FTTC). Recently just got an offer to go FTTP and 1000/1000. I'm was too tempted so I agreed to the 3 years contract with Aussie broadband at $220 per month as a business expense. I do plenty of large uploads to outsourced workers so it makes sense. Just waiting on the install for the last mile. Bloody pit is right out front my house already from house knock down rebuild. I'm gonna give this a go on existing connection and see if there's a big different on the new one when done too.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
Nice, currently NBN bound with 100/40 that performs at 110/25 (FTTC). Recently just got an offer to go FTTP and 1000/1000. I'm was too tempted so I agreed to the 3 years contract with Aussie broadband at $220 per month as a business expense. I do plenty of large uploads to outsourced workers so it makes sense. Just waiting on the install for the last mile. Bloody pit is right out front my house already from house knock down rebuild. I gonna give this a go on existing connection and see if there's a big different on the new one when done too.
That will be insane! very jealous! I'm tempted to upgrade to gigabit as it is available, with Aussie as well who are amazing. I can claim the whole thing as a tax write off too since I work from home most of the time now, in IT, but it's an extra $40 a month to switch to 1000/50 that I don't *really* need. I'm sure I'll convince myself I do need it soon enough though haha

Ah damn, sorry - i searched for xcloud and didn't see that one, neither did Gafs "has this already been posted?" type thing.

Mods feel free to close if you want.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Also launched in Brazil, Mexico and Japan today.

For anyone in those countries that might be interested.

Edit: looks like there's already a thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom