• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Cloud Gaming: Now Running on Xbox Series X; Expanded PC and Apple Device Availability

twilo99

Tried forza motorsport on my laptop and it works fine. Its kind of strange being able to play games on that thing since its got one of them built in Intel GPUs that are good for nothing.

I tried Octopath Traveler at work, it was pretty good.

Role playing games seem to works best thus far.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Only played slow games previously, so I did a little test with FH4.
There is a noticeable delay vs native obviously, but FH4 plays just fine through the browser

JimboJones

Is it as bad as playing Rockband/Guitar hero on the first HDTV's, without calibrating the video to audio sync? Those were great times, and it felt like the latency magically went away the more drunk we'd get.
It's kinda like if you had a game playing on your xbox then using your camera app to record the screen then playing the game through your camera app viewscreen. That's generally how bad the latency is.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I think there's still some work to do, I have a 300Mbps connection that tests out basically at full speed. My internet connection is smoking fast, never let's me down. Using edge, hardwired connection.

Tried halo 5 yesterday, was crappy. Tried it today, not too bad. Tried forza mutiple times, total trash, laggy, choppy, 480p maybe, its a hot mess. Tried Yakuza, turned up the graphics, played and looked great. Tried doom, laggy pixelated garbage......

Then tried stadia, since they just launched on Android TV, was actually pretty good on pretty much everything I tried. Wireless even.......

So I really want ms to pull this off, but it needs to run much better overall......

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Fuck yes. Since I don't have a console anymore, this will be my way of gaming. I have no money to buy these new machines.
How much does the XSS run in Brazil?
I think there's still some work to do, I have a 300Mbps connection that tests out basically at full speed. My internet connection is smoking fast, never let's me down. Using edge, hardwired connection.
So I really want ms to pull this off, but it needs to run much better overall......
Yeah, MS has made strides with the recent XSX hardware update and their image quality generally fine, sometimes even good. It's the latency that's the issue. I've had a couple decent Edge streaming sessions, but Chrome works much better for me.

THE DUCK

How much does the XSS run in Brazil?

Yeah, MS has made strides with the recent XSX hardware update and their image quality generally fine, sometimes even good. It's the latency that's the issue. I've had a couple decent Edge streaming sessions, but Chrome works much better for me.

Interesting, I will try chrome, I just assumed edge would be most optimized considering.....
I do think I tried Chrome a few weeks bad to poor results but who knows why, will still try again.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Interesting, I will try chrome, I just assumed edge would be most optimized considering.....
I do think I tried Chrome a few weeks bad to poor results but who knows why, will still try again.
The XSX xCloud hardware upgrade just went live about a week ago, so give it another shot. I've posted vids here of Gears Hivebusters, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, and FH4 running on Chrome and they all have good image quality for streaming. Also, try the Azure ping test that was posted in this thread. It's not perfect, but it will give a general idea of latency to Azure servers. I had 41ms to closest server. That's not great for game streaming. Just on the border of being acceptable and you'd get a warning from GeForce Now with that latency that your session may have hiccups.

I have confidence MS will get there. It's just a bummer for people wanting to try it out and getting a bad impression.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

The XSX xCloud hardware upgrade just went live about a week ago, so give it another shot. I've posted vids here of Gears Hivebusters, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, and FH4 running on Chrome and they all have good image quality for streaming. Also, try the Azure ping test that was posted in this thread. It's not perfect, but it will give a general idea of latency to Azure servers. I had 41ms to closest server. That's not great for game streaming. Just on the border of being acceptable and you'd get a warning from GeForce Now with that latency that your session may have hiccups.

I have confidence MS will get there. It's just a bummer for people wanting to try it out and getting a bad impression.

I'll have to try it on my computer, my phone is getting 80-90 ms.......

Karmic Raze

I have a new iPad Pro and have interest in streaming, but I was thinking about getting a Series X. Maybe PS5 would make more sense if I can just play Xbox titles on my iPad?

WoodyStare

Actually surprised how much better it’s gotten since the full rollout. Before it was unplayable on my Chromebook Duet in certain WiFi areas but now it’s mostly enjoyable to use, although still pixelated at times. On iPhone it runs well for the most part as well.

Did a test with Oblivion and it looks much better with the One X enhancements now in the server blades, hopefully they continue the enhancements with OG/360 titles.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
nah.
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Canada
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Hungary
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Slovakia
  • Spain
  • South Korea
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • United Kingdom
  • United States
Part of the big boys I see, but yeah it's known that MS invest here pretty heavily

I have a new iPad Pro and have interest in streaming, but I was thinking about getting a Series X. Maybe PS5 would make more sense if I can just play Xbox titles on my iPad?
Well xcloud is still pretty limited in terms of games, it's just GamePass library and it's not even complete one.

elliot5

Subscribe to game pass ultimate if xcloud supported in your region and see if it's acceptable quality for you.

Just tried this on my Ipad Pro, wifi 5Ghz, based in uk, fired up Dirt 5 and it wasn't as bad as I expected, good image quality, some controller input lag compared to native but was able to race just fine, not perfect but pretty impressed

elliot5

bumping to let you know Forza Horizon 4 is finally XSX enhanced. Runs much better (and looks nicer). Dunno why it wasn't upgraded like the other games at the time.

Top Bottom