• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox claims it’s working on unannounced new IP ‘that will blow your mind’

NickFire

Anyone think there's a chance they would do a (sort of) Sega move and announce a big game released in the middle of their E3 press conference?

Bridges

Anyone think there's a chance they would do a (sort of) Sega move and announce a big game released in the middle of their E3 press conference?
I guess Game Pass could afford them the ability to something like this with a major release, but I bet they're still making enough from full price sales to not want to. Plus, historically, Microsoft has been more likely to announce something way ahead of release so it'd be quite the change for them.

Would be hype though.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Microsoft releases games on average 3 years after they have been announced. This game hasn’t been announced, so do your math about whether you should get excited about this or not.

Barakov

Gold Member
Movie Theater Nick Splat GIF by Hey Arnold

HarryKS

In a way, the Halo reveal was mind blowing. Depends in what sense though.

Mind blowingingly good or mind-blowingly bad?

NEbeast

Oh, so what you were really asking is how many 3rd person semi open world action games have scored over 90 on Xbox. Gotcha.
Are you sure you aren't a xbox fan? You always seem to be bashing Sony in Sony threads- then white knighting for xbox in xbox threads. Maybe it's because you're semi PCMR, you guys are pretty insecure.

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
Does anyone really think a "new IP" is going to blow their mind? A silent hill reboot or sequel would surprise me. But blow my mind? And that's not even a new IP.

Lol are you calling Demon's Souls a shit game? Cope more. A real sh*t franchise is Sonic. When was the last time that blue furry had a 90+ metacritic game? Oh right...probably never LOL
ok bud, Sonic Mania says hi (the switch version for Plus got a 91, and even then, 80-something is still a good game.)
and besides i woudn't take proffesional critics too literally, considering the shitshows of reviews a lot of them love to fo.

Last edited:
Technically the Xbox Series X is the console made by Xbox, the gaming division owned by Microsoft but ehh.

This is a stupid argument typically created by weird people that can't accept that PC is now an equally important hardware platform for Xbox (the total gaming division) for some weird console war reasoning.
As a PC gamer, if MS really thinks PC gaming is 50% of Xbox then I would have to say that Xbox revinue much have shrunk a LOT. Because PC gaming is a much smaller piece of the pie when it comes to profitability per game than on consoles. So you might sound like you are saying something profound, but to my ears you are saying the Xbox console side is now so insignificant that even PC gaming side is catching up to it.

reksveks

As a PC gamer, if MS really thinks PC gaming is 50% of Xbox then I would have to say that Xbox revinue much have shrunk a LOT. Because PC gaming is a much smaller piece of the pie when it comes to profitability per game than on consoles. So you might sound like you are saying something profound, but to my ears you are saying the Xbox console side is now so insignificant that even PC gaming side is catching up to it.
Nope, not relating revenue and profit to 'importance' and they probably have the numbers to prove that. They are making the decision that treating both platform equally will benefit them in the long term.

Perrott

Gold Member
Could be either Avalanche Studios' "Cyclone" or Arkane Austin's "Omen".

Or maybe even Compulsion Games' project now that I think about it 🤔

Last edited:
idk, with xbox i need to see it, i been fooled way to many times these past 5-6 years listening to them tell this E3 is the year... and ended up sucking everytime...

ill do a wait and see approach before getting hopes up

John Wick

Yes we've heard this before. This amazing IP being developed....... Which is un-announced.....
First release some first party exclusives then flippin boast about the amazing games you think you have in development.

Tschumi

A game in the halo universe with augmented powers and the combat of ME:Andromeda? Sign me the fuck up!
I wanna briefly clarify, i meant to say that they would do something unimaginative and derivative, not some chimera of two games... I actually like Andromeda, i was just speculating about the lame way they might make a "new ip", by just relocating halo to a different galaxy and making the covenant look slightly different hahaha

They definitely didn't have their best gen but to me sony's wasnt any better but thats obviously going to just be my preference for multiplayer versus mostly 3rd person single player games.
Exactly. To you. Personal preference. Sony objectively crushed them. And even on the multiplayer base they had one good exclusive.

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
Well, they do have 23 studios now that are very, very, experienced in the industry. However, actually playing games I know there is nothing they can provide that will be any different from what I have already played

TransTrender

Gold Member
The sequels we have always been waiting for :

Fusion Frenzy!
Whacked!
And...
Azurik: Rise of Perathia!

Anything is possible!

Sacred

They have a pretty unbelievable lineup in the next few years, my guess is this would be the new title from inXiLe that they have started hyping a bit.

RCU005

It was made by Asobo which isn't a part of XGS. But yeah, it is a technical marvel, but not really a "game" per se.

Flight Simulator has always been a tool, not a game. It's mostly used for training pilots in flying schools. I've never known of anyone since Flight Simulator exists that buys it to play it as a game.

Xbox people are considering it a game now because they literally have no games coming from Xbox first party.

Last edited:

HawarMiran

Banned
Waiting eagerly for the most bestest, ultra, super, duper, unbelievable E3 of Microsoft this year or next, or the following, or the year after that

Top Bottom