• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox claims it’s working on unannounced new IP ‘that will blow your mind’

.Pennywise

Banned
fd4npb1.png

vpB66C3.png

4Kl33zH.png

Hey that doesn't seem suspicious at all.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
No mate, it’s definitely an Xbox Game Studios IP. They’ve published the game on PC first, and it’s coming to Xbox consoles this year.
"Xbox Games studios" is the name of the Studio. Xbox is the console. One thing is not the same as another.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
By this logic, none of the previous Ratchet & Clank games were first party either since Insomniac was a third party until recently.
I agree. While all previous Ratchet games are PlayStation IPs, they were not PlayStation Studios games and, therefore, should not be used as a way to judge the quality of PlayStation Studios and the games they put out. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart should only be used for that purpose.

You wouldn't use Skyrim or Fallout 76 as examples for XGS and say, "these are the games that XGS produce". So the same reasoning applies here as well.

Banjo64

cumsessed
"Xbox Games studios" is the name of the Studio. Xbox is the console. One thing is not the same as another.
No... it’s the name of the collective.

Yeah, you got it, Xbox is the console, and Flight Sim is coming out on it this year after being very well received on PC.

What point are you making? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life

Yeah, you got it, Xbox is the console, and Flight Sim is coming out on this year after being very well received on PC.

That games (IP) that I can´t play on a Xbox is not an Xbox IP. Should be obvious. But nothing surprising that is not as some other day someone said that Windows is part of Xbox now.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Gran turismo is like those fake cars with Ferrari logo slapped on it.
Gran turismo dont go as hard on simulation like flight simulator. I wonder how many of you played flight simulator lmfao
You do realise that under every single Gran Tursimo cover the strap line is THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR and people spend thousands on wheel set ups for this game and for the past 10 years people have differentiated it from Forza (arcade racer) as a simulator as a point of pride? But we’re just going to throw all of that out of the window so you can refuse to back down? :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

7a4082f3f65cc470c5ad49808497ce81.jpg

Banjo64

cumsessed
That games (IP) that I can´t play on a Xbox is not an Xbox IP. Should be obvious. But nothing surprising that is not as some other day someone said that Windows is part of Xbox now.
That’s some serious word spaghetti so I’ll just disagree to agree with you.

reksveks

Yeah, you got it, Xbox is the console, and Flight Sim is coming out on this year after being very well received on PC.

Technically the Xbox Series X is the console made by Xbox, the gaming division owned by Microsoft but ehh.

This is a stupid argument typically created by weird people that can't accept that PC is now an equally important hardware platform for Xbox (the total gaming division) for some weird console war reasoning.

SLB1904

Banned
You do realise that under every single Gran Tursimo cover the strap line is THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR and people spend thousands on wheel set ups for this game and for the past 10 years people have differentiated it from Forza (arcade racer) as a simulator as a point of pride? But we’re just going to throw all of that out of the window so you can refuse to back down? :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

7a4082f3f65cc470c5ad49808497ce81.jpg
Jesus christ how about play the actual game than hang on a marketing subtitle. Do you really want to compare gran turismo as a game with flight simulator? Really?

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Technically the Xbox Series X is the console made by Microsoft, in the gaming division owned by Microsoft but ehh.

This is a stupid argument typically created by weird people that can't accept that PC is now an equally important hardware platform for Microsoft (the total gaming division) for some weird console war reasoning.
Ftfy.

Last edited:
fd4npb1.png

vpB66C3.png

4Kl33zH.png

Hey that doesn't seem suspicious at all.
That's not me, I've been around for a long time here, and yes I'm a PS fan but there's literally no reason for me to open a second account, I always speak my mind with this one so... also it isn't suspicious just cause I have a bust for my profile pic like some other dude and you make a connection based on that lol

Zoro7

Banned
Just show us ffs. Instead of talking yourselves up constantly, show us some good fucking exclusives.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Jesus christ how about play the actual game than hang on a marketing subtitle. Do you really want to compare gran turismo as a game with flight simulator? Really?
I’d happily wager I’ve played more Gran Turismo than you have, or at least 99% of people posting on GAF, but that’s besides the point :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Gran Tursimo is renown for being an actual accomplished and customisable simulator, just because you can also play it like a traditional arcade racer, using the triggers to accelerate and brake and analogue sticks to steer, doesn’t change the fact. You can also use a traditional pad and control scheme in Flight Sim. So what?

quOK8ps.png

Caio

I was so disappointed by Halo Infinite that I don't want to be hyped and deadly disappointed again, but sure I would love a new IP triple A Game exclusive to XSX, the hardware is very powerful and it deserves to be pushed. My only concern is XSS memory limitation holding back the big brother, but I could be wrong. By the way, I'm confident something big will be shown next June, Microsoft must do it, they cannot keep going talking and talking, while Sony releasing true next gen games. BC, gamepass, old franchise at 120fps how much you want, XSX deserves exclusive games showing the power of the hardware and some damn graphics!

Looking forward to the same enthusiasm as the Hermen Hulst thread. Oh wait, this is about Xbox, never mind, carry on.

haha, exactly.

I don’t get why people just flat out ignore context when it comes to the studios MS acquired. Sure, it’s true that AFAIK the only exclusive content their studios have produced so far is Bleeding Edge and Grounded, but that was expected considering when they bought these studios. They bought them when almost all of them were in the process of making games contractually obligated to be multiplatform or were already working on Xbox titles.

Compulsion - Bought in 2018, then released We Happy Few. Given an expected 2-3 year dev cycle plus COVID delays, it’s not surprising their next game isn’t out yet. But it should be close and people say it’s very innovative.

Double Fine - Bought in 2019 and haven’t released shit. They apparently have multiple projects in the works at various stages, and Psychonauts 2 is coming this year. But again, because of prior commitments, won’t be exclusive.

Playground - Bought in 2018, then released Horizon 4. 92 meta, the best fucking racer ever imho. Have been providing constant updates and content. Rumored to be releasing Horizon 5 this year and are working on Fable.

Inxile - Bought in 2018, was hard at work on Wasteland 3. Microsoft monies allowed them to do much more with the game, it finally released and was fucking great, 84 meta. Is supposedly working on multiple projects now including some kind of shooter RPG.

Obsidian - Bought in 2018, was knee deep in Outer Worlds. It released and was extremely good, 85 meta. Have since released Grounded into early access and its fun. Working on Avowed and supposedly another project.

Ninja Theory - Bought in 2018 and have only released Bleeding Edge. This is maybe the only studio you could accuse of dragging its feet but you have COVID and a small team working on numerous things, including obviously Hellblade 2. It should be close.

Undead - Acquired in 2018 right after SoD2, are now doing SoD3. Also spent of ton of time providing loads of free content for SoD2, so who knows how far into SoD3 they really are.

And then you have the whole Bethesda purchase. We already know of two games they are releasing this year and surprise, they’re PS console exclusive because of prior commitments. But Starfield is strongly rumored for this year and there are loads of other teams working on things.

I realize their purchases haven’t amounted to much yet but it’s common sense as to why when you really look at it. The idea that they can’t have loads of great games coming is bullshit. They’re coming.

Iced Arcade

😭😭🤣😂 it's times like these that make some looks embarassing hilarious. It's amazing news when Sony says stuff.

Can literally pick users from this thread and compare it in the other 😂

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
I’d happily wager I’ve played more Gran Turismo than you have, or at least 99% of people posting on GAF, but that’s besides the point :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Gran Tursimo is renown for being an actual accomplished and customisable simulator, just because you can also play it like a traditional arcade racer, using the triggers to accelerate and brake and analogue sticks to steer, doesn’t change the fact. You can also use a traditional pad and control scheme in Flight Sim. So what?

quOK8ps.png
Lmfao.
You really dont know what you talking about.
You never play gran turismo more than me. I have hundreds of hours in gt sport alone. Let alone on the rest.
Simulation doesnt mean is the tools you use. You can use wheel and pedals in need for speed for fuck sake.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Lmfao.
You really dont know what you talking about.
You never play gran turismo more than me. I have hundreds of hours in gt sport alone. Let alone on the rest.
Simulation doesnt mean is the tools you use. You can use wheel and pedals in need for speed for fuck sake.
That’s you mate. A chimpanzee can use a paintbrush for 500 hours, but that doesn’t make it an artist. Sadly, the same seems to have happened with you and GT.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I guess you run out of goal posts
What are you talking about you muppet? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

What goal post have I moved?

You said you don’t count Flight Simulator as a game, but a simulator. Gran Turismo is every bit a simulator, but for driving instead (although not as well executed).

You said GT is not a simulator (or not to the same extent that FS is), well, you’re wrong, it is a simulator, and that’s all there is to it. You might only play it at a superficial level, good for you.

Also, I never said ‘you can use a wheel on GT therefore it’s a simulator’ which you implied. But that’s probably the level of understanding you have.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Cool, lets see it, and then get it to release.

I mean, we saw Titanfall and we know how MS talked that one up pre release.

We also know Phil "felt pretty good" after seeing the PS games reveal video, and then we know what happened with Xbox's games show after that.

In addition, the top brass at MS thought Halo Infinite was going to be "mind blowing" because they led off their show with that demo. They honestly had no idea it was going to get such a backlash which basically shows a complete disconnect between people making the decisions there and what makes a flagship title. I still laugh that they thought playing the 20 year old Halo choir theme while standing on an elevator was going to be exciting to gamers. Like that theme invokes some sort of pavlovian response, "yeahhh, Halo, remember 20 years ago?!"

On top of that we have been promised amazing first party games for about 8 years now (2013-mid 2021, so actually more like 9 if its 2013 inclusive), so nearly a decade, I think without a single serious GOTY contender, unless I am remembering incorrectly. "The best lineup in Xbox games history!" Can anyone remember the year, or even what games that included? I guess it was probably Halo, Gears, and Forza. ;-)

So yeah, I'll happily check it out if it's actually good but at this point please allow for some skepticism.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
Sometimes I wonder if the people who feel obligated to put the lol reaction on every single thread about xbox are equally insecure about everything else in their lives.

Like, you're at burger king, getting your whopper whatever, and some dumbass starts laughing at you because that's te only way they can be sure their fish burger was the right choice.

Jaxcellent

I'm excited Microsoft is spending so much on their gaming division, they have all the right cards in their hands to make gaming history.
In fact, they really need to be a complete tools to fuck this up now, so congrats to Microsoft in ensuring a bright future for XBox.

Soon something amazing should release right? I hope they will release some new info soon, and I'm not talking about logo teasers or CG target renders. Why is it so hard for these companies to understand anyway we want some gameplay footage?

I want to know when these new amazing games will be on gamepass.
Until that time I'm staying away from Xbox and Game pass because my good old OG XBone still runs the xbox exclusives games I like (mostly XBL arcade games and alot of BC360 games) just fine.

SaucyJack

Correct, and no receipts needed at that other thread, hence my point.

Then your point is disingenuous. 😏

PS Studios track record of delivery vs XGS over a pretty long period is just not comparable. So when Hulst says we’ve got 25 games in the works then the receipts (in the form of first party having already delivered a bunch of games this generation with Ratchet just about to drop, on top of everything they delivered last generation) earn him a bit more credibility.

Phil and team, with a bunch of largely unfulfilled promises, understandably don’t generate quite the same hype. You can’t always be telling people what you’re going to do, eventually you have to deliver.

Undoubtedly some great things are going to come from the 23 studios in XGS. It's just when that we don’t know.

Top Bottom