• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox claims it’s working on unannounced new IP ‘that will blow your mind’

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Thank you Phil.
i love you lion GIF by Music Choice

Not doubting it really.

This is the same company that made console FPS’s a thing, dominating the racing game market for years and have continued with Forza Horizon, brought games like oblivion and Skyrim to console and helped them become the success that they are.

people laughed at Sea Of Thieves and Rare, now they are the ones laughing after the game has been a huge success and still is going.

Xbox have had their bad times and all that yes, but to doubt they can do damage and shake up the exclusive industry with new games, you have an IQ of a fridge and are probably below 16-18 years old.

Xbox is on fire right now and I feel bad for those that don’t have one or hate it just because they’ve been told to on the internet. Their loss I suppose.

God i hope MS brings out the big guns this time. We need more competition. I'm still using my PS5 more than my XSX despite not liking the console and everything about it (except for some games, of course).

God i hope MS brings out the big guns this time. We need more competition. I'm still using my PS5 more than my XSX despite not liking the console and everything about it (except for some games, of course).

I do too, they should be after all this time however we get a few cretins blanket statement people as “haters” and “trolls “ for wanting Xbox to improve.

If they are “on fire “ now which I disagree with then fuck knows what people will think if they start delivering high quality stuff year on year.

The sycophantic stuff makes me fucking sick.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
IgnorantWillingAntipodesgreenparakeet-max-1mb.gif

Seriously, Looking forward to it. Will be watching their E3 too.

elliot5

It may seem like this is a reactionary statement to Hurst, but the source material is more talking about Game Pass statistics and survey results in the UK, not about IP. That was just one part of the commentary in context with Day 1 on Game Pass.

Anyway, I'm ready to hear more about it MS. E3 better be a 2 hour long banger.

Papacheeks

Banned
I'm expecting Starfield showing, Halo Infinite blow out, Forza, and a bunch of high profile games coming day one to gamepass.

Surprises might be:

Hell Blade 2 gameplay, Kojima 's episodic game trailer, more Japanese games coming to xbox/Gamepass.

Not expecting to see Fable, Everwild, InXile, State of decay 3, Perfect Dark.

Only game I think we might see gameplay for might be Avowed, stalker 2.

But who knows, I just think the big games by their big studios are still a long ways off. So I think Battfield 6 and couple other first on Gamepass games will be the bigger talking points than anything first party outside of Halo/Forza.

Mister Wolf

What if they dont?

They will disappoint their customers which is never good when you're selling a product. Starfield needs to be ready by this year and have a major reveal at E3. Halo needs to be playable to journalists allowing for in depth previews. The Ascent, Scorn, The Gunk, and Tunic need to have release dates and gameplay showcases hopefully hands on to gaming outlets. A gameplay reveal of Stalker 2 would be nice as well.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
What if they dont?

Then we wait? Games take time, can't expect Xbox Game studios to bang out a bunch of 90+ metacritic darlings right out the gate with new teams/studios on the first go. Look at all the failed projects, games sony has made with their studios.

Shit takes time. So I'm willing to wait for Fable by Playground. I think the issue is XBox promoters and mouth pieces like Greenberg need to shut their mouths if they know they dont have stuff ready to show. Under Promise over deliver is still a thing. Thats why PS5 is so positive in how people talk about it.

They didn't make a ad campaign saying " power your dreams" " Most powerful console ever built". They made ads really about features that they were able to show in their games like no load times, like dual sense features in games. Their ads had to do with 3D audio, triggers, things like that.

So when they launched and had games using these to show what they were talking about, it delivered. They didn't over promise anything like in a way MS did.

Now MS because they waited late this past gen to make a big investment in the area that needed the investment the most, they now are playing catch up. And that catch up might take more than one gen to get to the level of studio Synergy Sony has with Insomniac, Santa Monic GG ect.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
They will disappoint their customers which is never good when you're selling a product. Starfield needs to be ready by this year and have a major reveal at E3. Halo needs to be playable to journalists allowing for in depth previews. The Ascent, Scorn, The Gunk, and Tunic need to have release dates and gameplay showcases hopefully hands on to gaming outlets. A gameplay reveal of Stalker 2 would be nice as well.
I think all the things you mentioned for the smaller games will happen.

Halo will be Halo like last year with marginal improvements; I am not expecting much. They will have a big reveal for Starfield at E3 but with a release date for H1 2022. They can put the 2021 release date to create hype and then later delay it to 2022 (like Sony most likely did with God of War), but I doubt they will pull that stunt after the Halo Infinite delay.

I think, more than the things you mentioned, MS needs to have at least 1 (ideally, 2) big graphical showcases. And I mean, actual gameplay footage (like the recent Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart footages we got), and not CGI trailers.

Let's be honest, Halo Infinite is not that game. Starfield may be to an extent, but it was long in development before MS's acquisition, so its credit won't go to MS. I think one of Everwild, Helllblade 2, and Perfect Dark can be that game. But it still feels too early for all of them. Let's see what they plan to do; it's not far now.

Top Bottom