• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Boss Phil Spencer Comments on Nintendo Switch Mystery in his shelf

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Well, not too long ago, theories began circling that Xbox could have something major in the works with Nintendo after Spencer began displaying a Nintendo Switch behind him. Now, months after this was first recognized, Spencer himself has now commented on the matter and has revealed the mystery behind it.

Speaking on the Kinda Funny Gamescast, Spencer was asked about the Switch that he has sitting on his shelf and was questioned on whether or not it could be teasing something that may involve Nintendo. Rather than this being a tease of something for the future, Spencer simply said that the Switch itself was a gift from those at Nintendo. For those unaware, Nintendo and Xbox's offices are actually quite close to one another in Washington. As such, Spencer said that the handheld platform was given to him when the platform first launched back in 2017.

Spencer went on to say that he actually has his own Nintendo Switch that he plays from time to time, but this one that sits behind him apparently isn't used. Instead, it's just supposed to serve as a reminder of the friends that Spencer has over at Nintendo.

Thanks mods for the title change

Good Morning Swag GIF

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
The dude loves god of war, plays switch, and is leading a competing platforms for these 2 companies.

In reality its just a business, and people here fight like idiots, to prove which plastic box is better.

Even I get heated sometimes, during this discussion. But when I read these news, its just shows, that we are dumb idiots. Kids who fight with their toys, which we pay 10$ of their living wage, to afford it. We fights toys these guys produce.

I wish we can grow up from these childish shit, and accept that we are nothing but a wallet to them. I want a forum, where we can talk about games on all systems. Not what useless game sold alot on X device. Or how many peice of plastic, did X plastic sold.

But a man can dream.
sister sister smoking GIF

The dude loves god of war, plays switch, and is leading a competing platforms for these 2 companies.

In reality its just a business, and people here fight like idiots, to prove which plastic box is better.

Even I get heated sometimes, during this discussion. But when I read these news, its just shows, that we are dumb idiots. Kids who fight with their toys, which we pay 10$ of their living wage, to afford it. We fights toys these guys produce.

I wish we can grow up from these childish shit, and accept that we are nothing but a wallet to them. I want a forum, where we can talk about games on all systems. Not what useless game sold alot on X device. Or how many peice of plastic, did X plastic sold.

But a man can dream.
sister sister smoking GIF

It's time to pass the blunt my friend. Dream on.

longdi

Banned
I'm still wondering this obsession with CEO's, why they are treated as celebrities?

Guess because Phil is different. 🤷‍♀️
Rose from every day gamer to one running the amongst the biggest gaming corp, which have an effect on your gamng hobbies.

I mean if Shu is the CEO of SCE, gamers will also be celebrity simping over at Sony?

Marty-McFly

Banned
That has to be the saddest "major tease" that I've ever heard. We've been hearing about this for years at this point and that's it?

I would imagine he thought he could get Gamepass on Switch.

Phil: "Hey Nintendo can we get Gamepass on Switch?!".

Nintendo: "Fuck off".

Lmao imagine thinking Nintendo would allow gamepass on switch. Nintendo barely give a shit about all that 3rd party stuff. It's all about their own 1st party software. If they cared about 3rd party games they would have built a system atleast capable of playing all the latest games.

Top Bottom