• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox April 2022 Games with Gold

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Outpost Kaloki X was given away for free (to everyone) a few months back when it went BC.

I love Xbox, but even I can't defend this lineup.

K9sR5pM.jpg

Obvious the money gets thrown into gamepass not this, they should ditch it. And Gold!

Gamepass is supposed to be an option also , yet it seems it’s the be all and end all which I don’t agree with. They have handled this poorly , not everyone is a Gamepass subscriber and this offering any shite attitude to just Gold subscribers is poor.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Gamepass is supposed to be an option also , yet it seems it’s the be all and end all which I don’t agree with. They have handled this poorly , not everyone is a Gamepass subscriber and this offering any shite attitude to just Gold subscribers is poor.

I legitimately think anyone with gold should just consider getting the Gold > GPU upgrade. You lost nothing of Gold and gain everything of Game Pass.

MS should be marketing the conversion more other than just a page on their website that not so many people know if.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Xbox really should have pre-empted PlayStation's announcement with
  • Online play is now free for everyone
  • No more Games with Gold
  • Gold members are automatically upgraded to Game Pass for Console (same price as Gold)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Xbox really should have pre-empted PlayStation's announcement with
  • Online play is now free for everyone
  • No more Games with Gold
  • Gold members are automatically upgraded to Game Pass for Console (same price as Gold)

Nah, all that is just way too pie in the sky. Looking at how ho-hum the PS announcement is being received, MS has absolutely no reason to do any reactionary thing.

Plus, I really hope they don't merge Gold with GPU. I love that cheap 3 year upgrade :D

I legitimately think anyone with gold should just consider getting the Gold > GPU upgrade. You lost nothing of Gold and gain everything of Game Pass.

MS should be marketing the conversion more other than just a page on their website that not so many people know if.

As they love to tell people

“Please continue to give us feedback “

Remember when GwG was good?

jshdniC.png

T1OA9cu.png

I used to look forward to Games with Gold each month, obviously Game Pass played a major role in it's demise, but it definitely sucks that there hasn't been a single game that's interested me in multiple years at this point, sometimes I even forget to claim them

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Microsoft, you can repeat some games as long they're good. These are new games and not good. Don't do this, ok? Ok

BigLee74

Ouch. I download them all because I am a hoarding bastard, but I’m struggling to remember the last GWG game I have actually played for more than 5 minutes without binning.

DaGwaphics

Nah, all that is just way too pie in the sky. Looking at how ho-hum the PS announcement is being received, MS has absolutely no reason to do any reactionary thing.

Plus, I really hope they don't merge Gold with GPU. I love that cheap 3 year upgrade :D

Yeah, hard to imagine them quaking in their boots over some rebranding.

Wouldn't surprise me if we get the free online play at some point, but only once GP has sufficiently killed Gold. But, like you mention they are using Gold as an on-boarding tool, so, likely no changes in the foreseeable future.

I like it when the free games are terrible. When they are mediocre, I sometimes download them to try them, and then never touch them again. Terrible saves me time and energy.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Garbage as usual although I will have to get Another Sight - since it has a cat star :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom