• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox app could be coming to Smart TV's in 2021

Schmick

This has potential!

I like streaming. I've been using it as a way to game for a while now. I've been using PS Now for PC which i recently completed TLoU and enjoy xCloud on my phone for some last minute gaming of the day in bed. At home streaming can be almost perfect and it can only improve with time.

Last edited:

CAB_Life

They are literally following the Netflix playbook: massive aquisitions (with eventual and constant high quality content), continued and steady spread to devices, partnerships galore. All of you looking at this through a myopic and purely console war mindset have lost sight of the bigger picture and of how huge this is considering the current dearth of streaming competition.

so why do i need the xbox console LOL LOL
Here's the thing though with this reply. If there was no Stadia, Amazon's service, and a couple of other niche things like Geforce Now, I would agree with ya and say: Why isn't MS focusing on consoles lolol.

However Stadia still hasn't been killed off. I don't think it will be. Not after Amazon trying to enter the field. Apple is also trying to do something similar.
Geforce Now is absolutely awesome in non USA countries where there is no data cap to worry about.
MS is playing the long game here. Sure you can have a gaming PC, and use Gamepass there, or an xbox, or a tablet, or a TV. That revenue stream if they can tap into it (and also replace the server blades in 2021 with the Series X consoles as they want to), they'll make a killing. Sure Sony will sell most of the boxes, but every time I see a revenue breakdown between Xbox and Sony aren't they kinda the same or almost the same at this point ?

4.451bn for Sony and 3.3bn for Microsoft as per this website. https://www.thegamingeconomy.com/20...-sony-microsoft-nintendo-zynga-dena-and-more/

This is with MS not having any relevant or high IP exclusives for a long time.

MS is giving options to people at the end of the day. Also the weird thing I noticed about: How is the Series S going to hold back Next Gen blabla, and then you see Miles Morales coming out with Performance mode and Resolution mode, same goes for Demon's Souls. This generation is all about choice, and the level of stability you as a customer want.

Top Bottom