• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 'All Access' is coming to Verizon, $0 upfront.

SteadyEvo

I can definately see this taking off. Will be sad of course for those who get into these things and cant afford it ruining their credit.
It’s not a car or house payment

$35 a month is a steal. Wish deals like this were around in my younger days. I’d buy new games full price and return them, abusing GameStop’s return policy. Those were the good ole days.

twilo99

I'm on that. It was the only way I could secure the damned Series X. $35 bucks a month or so. I had the cash but for whatever reason, Best Buy only had this option earlier this year.

It was an allocation thing maybe I dunno but I had a few friends who were able to get the allaccess xsx from gamestop at peak demand.

Beechos

$35 a month is a steal. Wish deals like this were around in my younger days. I’d buy new games full price and return them, abusing GameStop’s return policy. Those were the good ole days.

The problem with these sort of things is the people its geared to take of advantage of if they dont pay. For financially responsible people its great. These creditors are here to make money not give you an interest free loan.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I wonder what the late fee going to be, they got to make money somewhere, probably from late fee and betting on people failing to make payment.

The saving calculation is article is quite misleading, who is paying full price for xbox live nowsaday? I been getting xbox ultimate for almost free for almost a year now just from MS reward and $1 deals.

Lasha

Wow it's really bizarre how badly people HATE this deal.

This same thing happens thousands of times a day with phones. For some reason getting a $1000 phone with a service plan and paying it off piecemeal monthly is normal, but when MS tries the same sales model with an expensive game console all anyone can do is pick apart the whole thing.

I suppose everyone in here giving economics classes paid for their entire phone upfront.

I've always paid for my phone upfront. The argument here muddles a lot of concepts. 0% financing isn't an inherently bad thing. People like me would benefit from free financing since the saved money could be kept in investments generating a return. 0% financing of cheap consumer electronics doesn't really appeal though because 1,000$ for a phone isn't a big deal for the type of person who has cash and the ability to invest since the phone is cheap enough not to care about or they get better perks from their credit card/own financing options.

Installment plans are not intended for financially savvy people. The sole goal of programs like all access or phone financing is to entice people to buy more than they intended. Buying a more expensive phone than you intended because its only 10$ more per month over 2 years still means you spent 240$ more than you intended to. Every industry tries to do the same thing. Provision shops in developing countries sell smaller versions of things like toothpaste because people more easily rationalize spending 1.50$ per week instead of saving up 4$ to buy a monthly supply. Coffee is a good example in America. If you ask somebody born in the 70s or earlier how much coffee costs they will usually answer something like X$ per pound. Ask a millennial or later the same question and the answer will be X$ per cup. That's how the entire industry around capsule coffee and subscriptions came to be.

I think getting all access onto phone plans is an excellent idea. Mobile billing is successful in many countries because customers don't usually pay close attention to the bill and adding non-teleco items further muddies the actual cost of goods. I will never use the service but I encourage as many people as possible to rush out and finance an XSX so that I can put my kids through school.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I wonder what the late fee going to be, they got to make money somewhere, probably from late fee and betting on people failing to make payment.
They make money by you are getting into their platform and are locked to GP in 2 years? By pay to rent a xbox you probably also buy games which means revenue.

Theres no fee.

Topher

Gold Member
They make money by you are getting into their platform and are locked to GP in 2 years? By pay to rent a xbox you probably also buy games which means revenue.

Theres no fee.

I think he is referring to the bank that is doing the financing. In this case, Citizens Bank. Probably makes money from people falling behind on payments and not paying it off in time. If that happens then the all the interest accrued up tot that point comes due.

The_Mike

I think he is referring to the bank that is doing the financing. In this case, Citizens Bank. Probably makes money from people falling behind on payments and not paying it off in time. If that happens then the all the interest accrued up tot that point comes due.
Wouldn't surprise me Microsoft pays the fees to the bank.

The_Mike

No, that is a transaction between the bank and the buyer. Microsoft doesn't have any part of that.
Fair point

In my country 0 percent interest has bene pretty common over the last few years.

Of course you will get fined if you don't pay, which is what the bank might hope for, I don't know.

I don't care either way. I'm a consumer, not a bank or Microsoft.

That works both ways then. The only counter you have to anything I've said is a lie.

Only person who ran and didn't address the post to back up his position was you, and now you're lying about that, all your posts here have been about trying to downplay the deal instead of being on topic;

Why would you want numbers for all access it doesn't really matter does it?
Are you serious?

That's like asking why would it matter if there numbers for the new PS Plus, or Apple Arcade are good, it means that there's a high adoption rate, which means more investment and partnerships in the program, meaning more people locked to the ecosystem, and more people getting consoles affordably.

Even at the current sales and stock shortage level, even 3 million would be a great success so far, and anything more than that would be a big deal.

The saving calculation is article is quite misleading, who is paying full price for xbox live nowsaday? I been getting xbox ultimate for almost free for almost a year now just from MS reward and $1 deals.
What?

That would only work in favor of the two banks providing the service, and the other banks financing it in other countries outside the US, that wouldn't benefit Microsoft at all.

I will never use the service but I encourage as many people as possible to rush out and finance an XSX so that I can put my kids through school.

You wouldn't be getting the money unless you're in a country that sucks from banks.

Topher

Gold Member
Only person who ran and didn't address the post to back up his position was you, and now you're lying about that, all your posts here have been about trying to downplay the deal instead of being on topic;

I'm not sure you know what the topic actually is. So let's be clear. The topic is All Access. What do you think I've been talking about? Game Pass? You are not paying attention if you think I'm off topic. Better yet, report me if you think I am. Either that or drop it. You are starting to troll your own thread.

Your other issue seems to be an inability to allow for others to have a different take than your own. Work on that.

I'm not sure you know what the topic actually is. So let's be clear. The topic is All Access.
The topic is in the thread title, and in the OP, you are also still dodging addressing that last post that brought up the topic for you to address, and never did.

Considering I made the thread I'm well aware what the topic is, you're a coward, that's fine some people are built that way. But if you ever want to actually respond and have a real conversation instead of your biased trolling here's that post again, which I will only respond to if you address, starting at the bottom quote

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/xbox-all-access-is-coming-to-verizon-0-upfront.1639836/post-266441903

Topher

Gold Member
The topic is in the thread title, and in the OP, you are also still dodging addressing that last post that brought up the topic for you to address, and never did.

Considering I made the thread I'm well aware what the topic is, you're a coward, that's fine some people are built that way. But if you ever want to actually respond and have a real conversation instead of your biased trolling here's that post again, which I will only respond to if you address, starting at the bottom quote

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/xbox-all-access-is-coming-to-verizon-0-upfront.1639836/post-266441903

Nope. I already told you I'm not going to read that wall of text that started with you blatantly lying about what I've been saying in this thread. I never called All Access a scam or even implied it. You really think I'm going to give your take the time of day when this is how you act? You don't want a conversation. You want a fight. This last post calling me a coward is more evidence of that.

Dude....stop throwing these little temper tantrums and grow up.

Nope. I already told you I'm not going to read that wall of text that started with you

So you can't respond, thanks for bringing that to my attention, the cover up about me "lying" (which I wasn't and you did imply it was a scam and bad deal.) because you don't have the civility to back up you're argument is a pretty sad cop out, but now it's clear who you are. You're the only one having a tantrum just to avoid showing you even have confidence in your own pointless statements from earlier, all that talk about "the deal" and "No revolutionary like OP says" and you never even addressed the OP. Really, you entered the thread posting nothing of substance from psot #1 so it's not surprising you'd mouth off with whatever personal bias you have.

I mean if you want to take the low road instead of putting value on yourself that's fine. But there's no other way to look at this as you trying to find a way to avoid responsibility for your initial statements after going on a multi-post tangent about nothing instead of the OP. Just another person putting a foot in their mouth and can't handle discourse, but I guess that's what all the twitter teens do. I blame the parents. Maybe when you grow older you'll be able to actually address that post otherwise you aren't posting anything in this thread but biased junk. So there wouldn't be anything more to respond to. You should grow up yourself, but then again you already know that, that's why you're a coward that's projecting.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
So you can't respond, thanks for bringing that to my attention, the cover up about me "lying" (which I wasn't and you did imply it was a scam and bad deal.) because you don't have the civility to back up you're argument is a pretty sad cop out, but now it's clear who you are. You're the only one having a tantrum just to avoid showing you even have confidence in your own pointless statements from earlier, all that talk about "the deal" and "No revolutionary like OP says" and you never even addressed the OP. Really, you entered the thread posting nothing of substance from psot #1 so it's not surprising you'd mouth off with whatever personal bias you have.

I mean if you want to take the low road instead of putting value on yourself that's fine. But there's no other way to look at this as you trying to find a way to avoid responsibility for your initial statements after going on a multi-post tangent about nothing instead of the OP. Just another person putting a foot in their mouth and can't handle discourse, but I guess that's what all the twitter teens do. I blame the parents. Maybe when you grow older you'll be able to actually address that post otherwise you aren't posting anything in this thread but biased junk. So there wouldn't be anything more to respond to. You should grow up yourself, but then again you already know that, that's why you're a coward that's projecting.

didnt read GIF by hero0fwar
Didnt Read Lol Storm Trooper GIF
didnt read GIF

Pretty sad guy, hope you learn to have self-respect and realize you can actually see worth i yourself instead of being a coward because you can't stay on topic or back your own statements because you're feelings were hurt that by someone telling the truth about your bias in the thread. But i guess you have to do the undeveloped social media teen thing a d post gifs because you have no integrity yet so I don't anticipate you ever handling an actual discussion. Parents really failed you there.

You had renting in place of that back then, and if you were smooth you'd sometimes be able to keep those games from Blockbuster for a few bucks.

Topher

Gold Member
Pretty sad guy, hope you learn to have self-respect and realize you can actually see worth i yourself instead of being a coward because you can't stay on topic or back your own statements because you're feelings were hurt that by someone telling the truth about your bias in the thread. But i guess you have to do the undeveloped social media teen thing a d post gifs because you have no integrity yet so I don't anticipate you ever handling an actual discussion. Parents really failed you there.

You had renting in place of that back then, and if you were smooth you'd sometimes be able to keep those games from Blockbuster for a few bucks.

Temper Tantrum GIF

Yeah, in Sweden we don't really have this toxic "improve your credit score" thing. You just start out with "good" credit score until you ruin it by not paying something back, you don't HAVE TO take out loans to stay in good standing. I'm sorry America is so anti-human.

Well technically the US has this too, the problem is when you first open credit your score starts off neutral, but the difference is in the US they punish you for not having had credit for a certain amount of time, having one or only a couple open credit accounts, and and how how many on time payments made, which when you just start out is going to be one or two.

So when you first get into credit many banks or companies that have loan or financing programs may not even accept you despite your score, someone with a score 30 points lower than you with no debt and maybe a few missed payments will be able to get more than someone just establishing their credit it. That's why many secure loans or secured bank accounts for new credit are usually the same as the ones used for those with bad credit. So you basically have to start building your credit right away.

So it's not so much the number, it's how they screw you outside of it.

Top Bottom