• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 'All Access' is coming to Verizon, $0 upfront.

BlackTron

Wow it's really bizarre how badly people HATE this deal.

This same thing happens thousands of times a day with phones. For some reason getting a $1000 phone with a service plan and paying it off piecemeal monthly is normal, but when MS tries the same sales model with an expensive game console all anyone can do is pick apart the whole thing.

I suppose everyone in here giving economics classes paid for their entire phone upfront.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
You shouldn't be getting a car you can't afford either IMO. If you don't have a lot of money, get a cheap car, it will still get you where you need to go.

A home is different, because you need to live somewhere. And here we're talking such large amounts that most people could NEVER afford it just by saving, or at least not until very late in life.
I can afford it on a monthly basis.

Jesus christ dude what's wrong with you?

Just because you don't like paying something on a monthly basis doesn't make it a bad deal.

You are probably also the type of guy who says digital games sucks because you prefer physical copies.

Topher

Gold Member
You really need to do alot of mental gymnastics to make this a bad deal.

Inflation is tanking hard, and everything gets more expensive, consoles including compared to previous generations.

Microsoft making it possible for people who can't toss a lot of money up front is a unbeaten deal in gaming.

It doesn't take a lot of mental gymnastics to figure out that financing a subscription, a monthly subscription, isn't necessarily a great idea. If this is about folks who can't afford it then what happens if things get worse and they need to sell their Xbox to free up cash? Even if they get enough selling their Xbox to pay off the hardware they are still stuck with financing Game Pass for two years.

Again, if its this or the scalpers go with this, but there are better options to finance Xbox than All Access, imo.

Wow it's really bizarre how badly people HATE this deal.

This same thing happens thousands of times a day with phones. For some reason getting a $1000 phone with a service plan and paying it off piecemeal monthly is normal, but when MS tries the same sales model with an expensive game console all anyone can do is pick apart the whole thing.

I suppose everyone in here giving economics classes paid for their entire phone upfront.

It isn't the same thing at all. If you were forced to finance two years of Netflix or some other monthly service to buy that phone then that would be the same thing.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I can afford it on a monthly basis.

Jesus christ dude what's wrong with you?

Just because you don't like paying something on a monthly basis doesn't make it a bad deal.

You are probably also the type of guy who says digital games sucks because you prefer physical copies.

I do prefer physical, yes. Partly because at least here it's far cheaper, PS Store prices are ridiculous.

BlackTron

It isn't the same thing at all. If you were forced to finance two years of Netflix or some other monthly service to buy that phone then that would be the same thing.

Um, isn't that exactly what happens? Verizon is doing this same exact thing every day with phones as their primary sales model. How often do you see the deals pitched for a new phone in a service contract? This is the primary way phones are sold to people!!

Topher

Gold Member
Um, isn't that exactly what happens? Verizon is doing this same exact thing every day with phones as their primary sales model. How often do you see the deals pitched for a new phone in a service contract? This is the primary way phones are sold to people!!

Wrong. Verizon's current promotion is to give you a "Disney bundle" for free for 6 months. That is NOT part of the phone financing. After the free six months you can cancel Disney and never pay another dime if you wish.

Mephisto40

Paying $600 for an xbox series S doesn't sound like a great deal to me tbh, you can get gamepass ultimate for cheaper than $360 for two years elsewhere, meaning the 'savings' are non existent with this plan if you just shop about. You may as well just go directly to Microsoft for the console on finance and look for gamepass elsewhere

Last edited:

BlackTron

Wrong. Verizon's current promotion is to give you a "Disney bundle" for free for 6 months. That is NOT part of the phone financing. After the free six months you can cancel Disney and never pay another dime if you wish.

You have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not talking about a special promotion. I mean this is just the normal way phones are sold, period. It's like if I said that Toyota finances cars and you told me no, that's not their current promotion.

Go to Verizon's website, or any carrier for that matter, and pretend you are shopping for a phone for 30 seconds, then come back to this thread. They do it by bundling the phone with a service contract. People who don't do this, and buy their phone outright, are the outliers. Just like people who walk in to a dealership and buy a $20k car in cash is the exception.

Topher

Gold Member
You have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not talking about a special promotion. I mean this is just the normal way phones are sold, period. It's like if I said that Toyota finances cars and you told me no, that's not their current promotion.

Go to Verizon's website, or any carrier for that matter, and pretend you are shopping for a phone for 30 seconds, then come back to this thread. They do it by bundling the phone with a service contract. People who don't do this, and buy their phone outright, are the outliers. Just like people who walk in to a dealership and buy a $20k car in cash is the exception.

Nonsense. You are not financing the Verizon service. Only the phone. Two entirely different transactions. You can cancel the Verizon service and you'll still have a phone payment. If this were "exactly" like All Access then your financing would include BOTH the phone and two years of Verizon service. Not the same at all.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Nonsense. You are not financing the Verizon service. Only the phone. Two entirely different transactions. You can cancel the Verizon service and you'll still have a phone payment. If this were "exactly" like All Access then your financing would include BOTH the phone and two years of Verizon service. Not the same at all.

Ok, I see your point now.

Generally you will be unable to cancel the phone service because they will have locked you in with a contract. Canceling is likely to cause an early termination fee, and won't be allowed until the phone is paid off.

While technically the service has not been financed, only the hardware, the effective outcome of the deal and what they are pitching to the customer is essentially the same. Canceling the service won't be so easy, you are signing a contract here with consequences if you break it.

Paying $600 for an xbox series S doesn't sound like a great deal to me tbh, you can get gamepass ultimate for cheaper than $360 for two years elsewhere, meaning the 'savings' are non existent with this plan if you just shop about. You may as well just go directly to Microsoft for the console on finance and look for gamepass elsewhere
Imo, for consumer goods, if you can't afford it upfront, you also shouldn't finance it.

The_Mike

It doesn't take a lot of mental gymnastics to figure out that financing a subscription, a monthly subscription, isn't necessarily a great idea.
Can you tell me why it isn't?

It doesnt make Xbox All Access bad that someone is not economically responsible over their money.
Then money in general isnt a great idea, because you can blow your salary away on a console instead of paying rent.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Imo, for consumer goods, if you can't afford it upfront, you also shouldn't finance it.

I agree with this.

The dynamic changes though when we're talking about something that is very difficult to find. When you have a hot item, and make it available at no up-front cost in exchange for 2 years of service, it's an attractive pitch just to get one at all.

It goes both ways. If you could afford the $500 system in one shot, you can probably spend $37 a month for two years. Financially savvy people may prefer to retain liquidity of that $500 anyway, maybe they can use or invest it somehow to make more money than the Gamepass subscription. In any case for a lot of people this isn't exactly high-stakes stuff like financing a new house or car. Their phone bill is likely bigger. It's ultimately just another viable option to get a Xbox.

Topher

Gold Member
Can you tell me why it isn't?

Because financing a subscription over two years rather than just making normal payments doesn't make any sense. The requirement for pre-purchasing and financing Game pass is the issue I have. I just think there are better options available. If you bought and financed XSX through Best Buy, for example, then you'll pay about five dollars more a month than with All Access. But you'll pay it off in half the time. Then you are free to all the options available for Game Pass. Whether that is through MS Rewards (best deal there is, imo) or using the $1 trick, key reselling websites, or just paying normally and have the ability to turn it on or off based on what you want to play.

If you think putting it all (XSX and two years GPU) into a loan is just as good then fine, we disagree.

Edit: BTW, I know you deleted the comment, but my avatar is from losing the GoW avatar bet. FYI.

Right. Taking on debt should never be the preferred option.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Because financing a subscription over two years rather than just making normal payments doesn't make any sense. The requirement for pre-purchasing and financing Game pass is the issue I have. I just think there are better options available. If you bought and financed XSX through Best Buy, for example, then you'll pay about five dollars more a month than with All Access. But you'll pay it off in half the time. Then you are free to all the options available for Game Pass. Whether that is through MS Rewards (best deal there is, imo) or using the $1 trick, key reselling websites, or just paying normally and have the ability to turn it on or off based on what you want to play.

If you think putting it all (XSX and two years GPU) into a loan is just as good then fine, we disagree.

Right. Taking on debt should never be the preferred option.

Sometimes taking on debt isn't a bad idea. A no-interest offer on a game console could be a decent opportunity to boost your credit by showing the activity and steady on-time payments. If you care/are planning on financing something else that actually matters, like a house or car, it could fit strategically into a bigger picture. Without being a worse type of debt, like credit cards with massive interest rates.

Maybe that bigger picture matters more than the savings on Gamepass by using deals, rewards and tricks. Just saying, while I agree this deal isn't for everyone, this attitude that it isn't for ANYONE is annoying. It's a completely fair and viable offer that can work out favorably. Of course as in all finances, you can do it right or you can mess it up if you're stupid about it.

Topher

Gold Member
Sometimes taking on debt isn't a bad idea. A no-interest offer on a game console could be a decent opportunity to boost your credit by showing the activity and steady on-time payments. If you care/are planning on financing something else that actually matters, like a house or car, it could fit strategically into a bigger picture. Without being a worse type of debt, like credit cards with massive interest rates.

Maybe that bigger picture matters more than the savings on Gamepass by using deals, rewards and tricks. Just saying, while I agree this deal isn't for everyone, this attitude that it isn't for ANYONE is annoying. It's a completely fair and viable offer that can work out favorably. Of course as in all finances, you can do it right or you can mess it up if you're stupid about it.

I didn't say it wasn't for "anyone". If this is your way to build credit then ok, go with that. I don't see the big deal with someone suggesting there are other financing options that involve less debt, paying it off sooner, and having more flexibility with Game Pass.

Either way, If this is the choice you made to get Xbox and you are happy with it then that's what matters. I'm not trying to offend you. Sorry if I did.

reinking

Gold Member
It's also not really a good deal. If you can't afford $600 today, why can you afford it over two years? It's the same money, where is it gonna come from that hasn't existed before (since you haven't been able to save up such a small amount)?
I disagree. I would agree with you if you are talking about paying an interest rate but zero percent financing is free use of someone else's money. I use it all of the time for big purchases even though I have the cash.

I use credit cards for most everything else for the points. You just have to make sure to pay it off to avoid interest payments. I use a Sony card that gets me free PS+ and a couple of free games each year.

Using credit isn't bad. Using high interest credit or not making payments can be.

BlackTron

I didn't say it wasn't for "anyone". If this is your way to build credit then ok, go with that. I don't see the big deal with someone suggesting there are other financing options that involve less debt, paying it off sooner, and having more flexibility with Game Pass.

Either way, If this is the choice you made to get Xbox and you are happy with it then that's what matters. I'm not trying to offend you. Sorry if I did.

Sorry. To say that taking on debt should never be the preferred option seemed a bit on the extreme side.

BlackTron

I disagree. I would agree with you if you are talking about paying an interest rate but zero percent financing is free use of someone else's money. I use it all of the time for big purchases even though I have the cash.

I use credit cards for most everything else for the points. You just have to make sure to pay it off to avoid interest payments. I use a Sony card that gets me free PS+ and a couple of free games each year.

Using credit isn't bad. Using high interest credit or not making payments can be.

Pretty much this. The Xbox deal is much lower stakes than ways of playing with credit that can be a higher risk with poor management.

Topher

Gold Member
Sorry. To say that taking on debt should never be the preferred option seemed a bit on the extreme side.

There is nothing extreme about that. If I could pay cash for everything then I would, but I can't so I have debt. Would I prefer to be debt free? Of course I would. How is that extreme?

Now this I can get behind. Using credit in a strategic manner like this makes sense. If you are taking on interest free debt that you could pay off at a moment's notice then that is quite different than financing something you cannot afford. But that isn't what RoadHazard RoadHazard was saying. You clearly can afford to pay for it. He was talking about people who cannot.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
You shouldn't be getting a car you can't afford either IMO. If you don't have a lot of money, get a cheap car, it will still get you where you need to go.

A home is different, because you need to live somewhere. And here we're talking such large amounts that most people could NEVER afford it just by saving, or at least not until very late in life.
You are 100% spot on and its part of a much larger problem especially in the US

Honestly if people can't afford the payment of a 3 year loan on a car you really can't afford that car and the same goes for home loans you should target 15 year loans

And truthfully there is nothing wrong with loans of really small amounts if interest rates are zero the catch here is paying it back early

And while it takes a little bit of extra work no one should be paying much interest at all on credit cards in general if you stay in front of them

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Sure, I agree with that, I also use a credit card that I always pay off in full. But not because I don't have the money to pay for those things anyway, only because I get cashback and it's, as you say, a free loan. I also prefer getting a bill each month, because that means I know exactly how much I can move into savings/investing after all bills are paid.

What I have a problem with is people who do payment plans (usually with awful interest rates) on things they don't really need and that they DON'T have the money to buy outright. That's just a sign of poor financial skills and planning.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Oh please. There is nothing extreme about that. If I could pay cash for everything then I would, but I can't so I have debt. Would I prefer to be debt free? Damn right I would. How is that extreme?

When you say "never", that seems consistent with suggesting it's not a good idea in general (for anyone), therefore my response.

This is aside from that I disagree financing is always not preferred. Plenty of ways it can be used to net more money in the end. Lots of people who have a lot of money and could just buy a Xbox many times over, have a lot of money in the bank BECAUSE they're financially savvy with this stuff.

Nothing wrong with your conservative approach either, but if I said "Financing is always the preferred option" you'd probably think that was an extreme position, no?

Topher

Gold Member
When you say "never", that seems consistent with suggesting it's not a good idea in general (for anyone), therefore my response.

This is aside from that I disagree financing is always not preferred. Plenty of ways it can be used to net more money in the end. Lots of people who have a lot of money and could just buy a Xbox many times over, have a lot of money in the bank BECAUSE they're financially savvy with this stuff.

Nothing wrong with your conservative approach either, but if I said "Financing is always the preferred option" you'd probably think that was an extreme position, no?

We are talking about consumer debt here. I think any financial advisor in the world is going to tell you that no consumer debt is always preferred to being in debt in order to buy a video game console. And no, I'm not talking about the "financially savvy" types. To be clear though, "never preferred" does not equate to "never ever". I think that's getting misconstrued here.

Last edited:
Most this conversation has nothing to do with the OP.

True. If this deal gets you an XSX without having to pay a scalper then yeah, you've saved money. I don't think the deal is necessarily bad. I just don't think it is revolutionary in any way like the OP.

You've barely even addressed the OP, you have been so occupied with trying to prove that All-Access is a scam that in your mind the thread the OP changed to something entirely different. This thread isn't about whether or not you should pay 2 year or buy upfront (which most Americans do the former) or whether Gamepass can be gotten cheaper. You have created an imaginary thread argument and got a few goof balls along for the ride.

The only time you even sort of address anything is here

People want to point to marketing as why this hasn't taken off. I think most people just know better.
Which still connects to your off-topic "trying to prove it's a scam" argument.

Issue is you are wrong and it's not even an argument you can make, it's a fact that the marketing was poor before and the program was limited. It only started to be taking more seriously with the Xbox One X although you could use it to get a One S as well, and there was much talk online about the "upgrade" process to the Xbox Series consoles so there's clearly a substantial amount of people using the program and Microsoft has put a lot more effort in pushing it.

They went international a couple years ago, increased and are still increasing their retail footprint, the advertising is becoming more common, and they just got the US's NUMBER ONE Wireless Carrier, NUMBER TWO Internet provider, and NUMBER 2 TV provider, Verizon, to sign on to the All Access program. As stock increases Verizon will have more exclusive stock to use, you'll see Xbox All Access signs right next to your Samsung Galaxy Signs, iPhone signs, and LG memorial signs, over 250 million users more than half being unique.

That's a pretty big deal, and unlike the phones, you don't even have to pay tax upfront for your $0 down, you just walk out the store. Most Americans, and even many customers in other countries are part of the debt economy, it's one of the reasons why all these Affirm clones are so popular, people want to manage their budgets and enjoy products they like without having to wait or to subtract too much from their expendable income.

It's not about whether they can "afford" the console or not upfront, that's only an issue half the time, the other half of buyers CAN afford the console but they would rather just may only $35 a month, or $25 a month for the S, which barely scratches their wallet, and not think about it knowing that for such small payments the console will eventually be either eligible to upgrade or paid off in two years, than spending $500 in cash they could use for other things or even savings. Also i they don't mind digital and gamepass they also save monthly on games which in many cases can cost up to $70.

The additional benefit that the Xbox Series X in particular is the most powerful consoles out, and will still likely be the most powerful consoles in two years sweetens the pot, and if there is a another "pro" situation this gen then they'll be able to upgrade and transfer all their stuff over to the new Xbox Series pro consoles for free, $0 down.

The point of the OP is that if this takes off, and it's showing evidence it is, eventually it will become a way to lock millions of people to a companies eco system, and if this plan becomes even half as popular for consoles as it is for phones, than it opens up many of the opportunities I presented in the OP.

btw

And it's not just the Xbox, providers can add their own exclusive deals on top of what All Access provides, Verizon is offering network discounts and a 50% off discount on an Elite controller, one of the other retailers provided a free headset, and will provide other deals across the 2 year installment. Most consumers only see cheap monthly payments and incentives and having All Access reach more stores, more cities, more sites, and more countries is a major step forward toward million of subscribers signing up. Cleary Microsoft is investing more and more into All Access because they are seeing numbers they like there's no other reason why they keep tripling their investment every year.

If you can't afford $600 today, why can you afford it over two years? I

Dumbest line I've seen since Blackberry tried a similar version to attack Windows Mobile and iPhone in 2008.

You do realize you're asking a question that most Americans can't relate with? Since most Americans do the latter and not the former for most expensive electronics? Not just Americans either.

Topher

Gold Member
You've barely even addressed the OP, you have been so occupied with trying to prove that All-Access is a scam

Bullshit. I'm not going to even bother to read past that lie. I never once said it was a "scam". Stop making shit up.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Mostly online, badly marketed only recently improving, and starting to show up at more retail stores.

Because... people mostly buy things online lol

You can barely avoid the All Access marketing if you buy an Xbox online, it's just right there as an option to buy the thing, and often the only way to buy if you go to xbox.com.

Either way why do gamers always declare something "poorly marketed" as though they have their pulse on every commercial / print ad in the world?

Bullshit. I'm not going to even bother to read past that lie. I never once said it was a "scam". Stop making shit up.

because you can't address anything i said, and it's not a lie, you've been arguing that it's not a deal and implying it's a scam or close to one this entire time, you're the only one running off and making shit up.

If you actually wanted to address the TOPIC, you'd be able to address what i said instead of looking for a cop out.

Because... people mostly buy things online lol

Poor comprehension, also ignored that they are improving retailer presence for some reason. They are also improving where you can find ll Access online. You basically quoted and responded to a snippet so you can spin what was said.

You can barely avoid the All Access marketing if you buy an Xbox online, it's just right there as an option to buy the thing, and often the only way to buy if you go to xbox.com.

So you are taking an anecdote based on one site and saying that there's marketing all over the place when there isn't?

Either way why do gamers always declare something "poorly marketed" as though they have their pulse on every commercial / print ad in the world?

Or maybe instead of making this assumption out of thin air you don't ignore the clear evidence of improved marketing for the program from before, and the fact they just signed up one of the biggest media, internet, and telecommunications companies in the country to participate in the program just recently?

It's a good deal and a great way to get an awesome console and hundreds of games to play for a small monthly payment. Right now, it seems like there isn't a lot of advertising for this plan, but if they start advertising, offering it more places and if people become more aware of this deal, how are they going to fill the orders especially for the Series X?

Yes, you can tell Microsoft is getting more and more serious based on how many more providers they have, big name companies too, they are adding to All access retailers compared to 2 or 3 years ago.

Verizon is probably the biggest get so far since they are the biggest sources or one of the biggest sources of subscription based customers in the country.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Dumbest line I've seen since Blackberry tried a similar version to attack Windows Mobile and iPhone in 2008.

You do realize you're asking a question that most Americans can't relate with? Since most Americans do the latter and not the former for most expensive electronics? Not just Americans either.

Seems like an American problem. I've never bought any electronics on a payment plan (except for some phones included in a contract), and I don't know anyone who has. If I want a new TV I buy one I can actually afford. But I know electronics stores try to peddle expensive payment plans, and I pity the fools who fall for it.

Last edited:

The_Mike

Which still had nothing to do with the point of the OP. It's clear he entered with the intention of bringing some bias in.
On that I can agree on.

25 million are using game pass right now, which I also said in another thread with similar reponse from the same person.

Game pass is deniable a popular platform, even Sony said that there's no way to make a real competitor (Sony response posted in another thread, cba to find it).

Topher

Gold Member
because you can't address anything i said, and it's not a lie, you've been arguing that it's not a deal and implying it's a scam or close to one this entire time, you're the only one running off and making shit up.

If you actually wanted to address the TOPIC, you'd be able to address what i said instead of looking for a cop out.

All Access is a completely legitimate option for financing Xbox. None of my arguments have remotely suggested otherwise. So yes, saying I am calling it a scam is completely disingenuous.

The topic is All Access and that is exactly what I and everyone else is talking about. I think two guys actually addressed any of your rant in the OP.

I didn’t think OP was crazy until I got to the Sega and Philips reentering the console market part.
OP thanks for the update but your thoughts after the facts are crazy!

Don't blame me because no one is taking your rant seriously.

Last edited:

Jaybe

PSA: all access is a rip-off. If you are even the least bit in the know, you’d know you can buy 2 or 3 years of Gold at retail, then convert it to Game Pass Ultimate. Saves a bunch of money versus this ‘all access’ financing scheme.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Jake Gyllenhaal No GIF

It's just a financing option. And it has been around a while.

Its never been so supported by a platform though. Maybe in your country you could get these kinda rates but most installment systems you end up paying more then the upfront cost.

Last edited:
All access is always $0 down as far as I know, it was for me. It was also the only way I could get a series x at the time, it wasn't available to buy any other way even though I had the cash. I do regret doing it now, I've barely played anything new on it other than Halo and that wasn't worth the $35 a month (2 years of GPU is also part of it, it's forced you can't just get the console) I should have waited, the games I'm most interested in still won't be out for years (Fable, Elder Scrolls)

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
It's also not really a good deal. If you can't afford $600 today, why can you afford it over two years? It's the same money, where is it gonna come from that hasn't existed before (since you haven't been able to save up such a small amount)?

If you can't even afford to buy a 300 bucks console, you shouldn't be spending your money on this.

I would like to address.

This is the type of thinking that keeps people in financial bondage. There is a huge difference in spending 600 dollars in a day or 37 a month. My guess is people who think this way never had to get a dollar out of 15 cents. (I could be wrong) Not only does this give options to people, which most of the time is not a bad thing. It helps you build your credit. Unless you're rich and have an 800 credit score, the best way to maintain solid credit it to use it. Buy it on credit and pay it off. I am blessed that I am no longer broke and in the hood but I get why this works for many different classes of people. It's not if you can't afford the upfront cost, that is not how the world works. You must ask can I afford the min payment and the interest rate and is the reward worth it.

"Scared money don't make money"

Aka

All Access is a completely legitimate option for financing Xbox. None of my arguments have remotely suggested otherwise. So yes, saying I am calling it a scam is completely disingenuous.

The topic is All Access and that is exactly what I and everyone else is talking about. I think two guys actually addressed any of your rant in the OP.

Don't blame me because no one is taking your rant seriously.
Actually they did, most of the posts are people trying to counter you implying the bundle is a scam/bad deal.

The fact you still won't address the post after your last one line cop out is just making it more obvious you never had an argument in the first place.

Are you serious? That's the only part of your post I was responding to.. the rest of your post is rather meaningless..

Other than that eat a fucking dick.

Interesting how you completely skipped over the other things I responded to so you can push out this out acting like I was responding to something outside your post. Because actually addressing things honestly is apparently taboo with you.

On that I can agree on.

25 million are using game pass right now, which I also said in another thread with similar reponse from the same person.

It'll be nice to see Microsoft reveal All Access numbers at some point, even a few million this early (and with stock shortages for the S) would be a big deal, anything more would be huge.

Topher

Gold Member
Actually they did, most of the posts are people trying to counter you implying the bundle is a scam/bad deal.

The fact you still won't address the post after your last one line cop out is just making it more obvious you never had an argument in the first place.

That works both ways then. The only counter you have to anything I've said is a lie.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

The_Mike

be nice to see Microsoft reveal All Access numbers at some point, even a few million this early (and with stock shortages for the S) would be a big deal, anything more would be huge.
Why would you want numbers for all access it doesn't really matter does it?

It's an option you can use to finance your console instead of straight up buying it.

The numbers are merged with game pass subs which is the only thing important to ms

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I would like to address.

This is the type of thinking that keeps people in financial bondage. There is a huge difference in spending 600 dollars in a day or 37 a month. My guess is people who think this way never had to get a dollar out of 15 cents. (I could be wrong) Not only does this give options to people, which most of the time is not a bad thing. It helps you build your credit. Unless you're rich and have an 800 credit score, the best way to maintain solid credit it to use it. Buy it on credit and pay it off. I am blessed that I am no longer broke and in the hood but I get why this works for many different classes of people. It's not if you can't afford the upfront cost, that is not how the world works. You must ask can I afford the min payment and the interest rate and is the reward worth it.

"Scared money don't make money"

Aka

Yeah, in Sweden we don't really have this toxic "improve your credit score" thing. You just start out with "good" credit score until you ruin it by not paying something back, you don't HAVE TO take out loans to stay in good standing. I'm sorry America is so anti-human.

oldergamer

I just looked at my statement since I just paid it yesterday and I found something curious.

QtUJ22Z.png

Why did they give me $2500 in credit? This didn't come with a card or any other place for me to spend this money and if you do the math, I'm paying $540 for a Series X and about $12/m for GPU so there is no extra fees or interest
Its a hedge against you spending more money in the future. They are betting you want more games, accessories, etc... The more credit they give you, the more opportunity there is to make money off future payments

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
Yeah, in Sweden we don't really have this toxic "improve your credit score" thing. You just start out with "good" credit score until you ruin it by not paying something back, you don't HAVE TO take out loans to stay in good standing. I'm sorry America is so anti-human.

Sweden sounds like a phenomenal place to live, provided you're not poor or have other "challenges."

I don't think you follow what I mean but that's fine too. Just know that credit is more than just having/not having the coin to afford it at the time.

Its a hedge against you spending more money in the future. They are betting you want more games, accessories, etc... The more credit they give you, the more opportunity there is to make money off future payments

I can't use that credit for anything else. There is no option for me to put anything else on this account. No card, no drop down option on either the Microsoft store or on the Xbox Store. I assumed after thinking about it that they give you enough credit that the amount you are borrowing does not max out the available credit, which would negatively effect you credit score. 30-40% of your available balance is the sweet spot that does not effect you on your report as having a high balance.

I'm guessing tho.

Top Bottom