• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 3rd party timed exclusive games coming

Riky

$MSFT
Even though it looks like a boring slow paced FPS, I'm gonna play Scorn just because of the fucked up art style.

Hopefully it's more than just "this year's The Medium".
I think you've got to look at SCORN as more of a horror game than a FPS, I don't think the combat is the emphasis.
Really looking forward to it though and STALKER 2 as I put loads of time into the PC trilogy, great atmosphere again.
Looks like a lot of diversity coming, exactly what Gamepass needs to attract the broadest userbase.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Yeah all those games to play day 1 on Gamepass, what a waste 😅
Several of those games appeal to me and several look like hot garbage, but honestly, I think unless Xbox put money into the game and/or helped with development they should just make them sub exclusive to Game Pass but let them release wherever.

Other than ST.A.L.K.E.R. I don't think most of those games are a big enough deal to bother moneyhatting and even S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is supposedly only a 3-month moneyhat. What's the point?

RoboFu

One of the green rats
giphy.webp

II hope they didnt pay for those.

Several of those games appeal to me and several look like hot garbage, but honestly, I think unless Xbox put money into the game and/or helped with development they should just make them sub exclusive to Game Pass but let them release wherever.

Other than ST.A.L.K.E.R. I don't think most of those games are a big enough deal to bother moneyhatting and even S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is supposedly only a 3-month moneyhat. What's the point?
I don't care if they release on other consoles, I just want great content for my Gamepass subscription, you have to remember Xbox pay for the game to be on Gamepass so why not have a period of exclusivity?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I don’t play it but you underestimate Ark, it sold over 20M copies and is huge on Steam. It’s basically what kids play those days once they feel too old for Minecraft.
But if you got a ps5, why would you buy an Xbox be ause you could play it there a year before the PS5 release?

It's a lot of money to use on a game that eventually comes to your platform.

The "exclusive" thingy is getting so outdated at this point.
Understandable, but it gives people a reason to buy your console over the competition. If everything has the same exact games which they basically do in all honesty, then what’s the point in multiple consoles?

Last edited:
Like many others my enjoyment of a videogame is not influenced by other's inability to play them on their preferred system. I'd rather nobody moneyhat exclusively unless they had a direct hand in contracting that studio to develop a game for them.

Onto the topic at hand, my friend and I are going to fuck up so many filthy heretics for the God Emperor that Nurgle himself will feel it.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Like many others my enjoyment of a videogame is not influenced by other's inability to play them on their preferred system. I'd rather nobody moneyhat exclusively unless they had a direct hand in contracting that studio to develop a game for them.

Onto the topic at hand, my friend and I are going to fuck up so many filthy heretics for the God Emperor that Nurgle himself will feel it.
Game Show Thank You GIF by Kinda Funny

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
A lot of good stuff here, but i hope they a stagard and get some press so I dont miss them.

Chukhopops

But if you got a ps5, why would you buy an Xbox be ause you could play it there a year before the PS5 release?

It's a lot of money to use on a game that eventually comes to your platform.
You could apply this logic to any timed exclusive. Some people will not want to wait, others will see it as added value for a platform they already own - that’s why we have so many list wars.

ARK is actually big enough that I can see it being bundled with the XSS (like the Fortnite / Rocket League one).

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I actually hope that MS pay/payed for STALKER 2, not because I am green rat, but because they are from Ukraine with needing of any help they can get.

ANIMAL1975

Why waste money on time exclusivity.

No one buys an Xbox because ark 2 gets released one year before the pc or ps version.
Worst, these are 'console' and 'launch' exclusive, usually when they use those terms they're coming to pc at the same time and the deal is for a much smaller time frame than a year. So they're only paying for the games not going to PlayStation _ that strategy that Phil said he dislike so much...

giphy.webp

II hope they didnt pay for those.
Of course they have to compensate the dev.

I don't care if they release on other consoles, I just want great content for my Gamepass subscription, you have to remember Xbox pay for the game to be on Gamepass so why not have a period of exclusivity?
You have to pay to be on game pass day one, and then to be exclusive.
And do you say the same when is Playstation doing it? Lol

The same logic can be applied on Sony 1st party games...Why buy a PS5 when you know they are "timed" exclusives and come to PC later.
What does this have to do with first party? They are done for their hardware in the first place, no one is paying to not go to competition.

Top Bottom