• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 3rd party timed exclusive games coming

Vasto

In my last post I talked about Xbox Studios 8 new games releasing over the next 12 months and how it looks like we are getting closer to achieving Xbox's goal of releasing a Xbox Studio's game every quarter. You can find that topic here. https://www.neogaf.com/threads/xbox-studios-has-7-titles-releasing-in-the-next-12-months.1638009/

Now lets take a look at 3rd party titles coming 2022 / 2023.

Some of these are console launch exclusives meaning that they will release on Xbox before any other consoles

Release Date: September 13 2022

yxG0B4t.jpg

Release Date: October 21 2022

0sfiXs6.jpg

Release Date: October 22 2022

ooWXU9L.jpg

Release Date: 2022

Zj4ixQO.jpg

7N1yJJB.jpg

n8R0hOo.jpg

KK8l9GZ.jpg

Release Date: 2023

DCCj1Ko.jpg

FIvLUVy.jpg

wDZMZvk.jpg

AJY6MZg.jpg

https://youtu.be/SjDMwsbaSd8

6Wp4NUi.jpg

https://youtu.be/io5-UsjUGvU

Last edited:
I'm all in on Ereban. I love AA stealth games. The shadow traversal stuff looks promising.

Aragami 2 is decent but the movement is still not completely amazing. Hopefully this nails the controls. That's more important than the graphics.

I don’t believe Somerville is coming in 2022
I think these are listed in order actually. We don't have a date announced, but my guess is this summer.

We know dates for Scorn, High on Life, Persona in October, and Pentiment in November so you can kinda guess. Somerville on the top right of 2022. We know Dusk Falls is July. Grounded in September.

1655147458_071560_1655147784_noticia_normal.jpg

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Why waste money on time exclusivity.

No one buys an Xbox because ark 2 gets released one year before the pc or ps version.

Jennings

None of these look like system sellers, so why bother? Are they all coming to Gamepass? What is it about them that makes exclusivity warranted? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are some very fine games here, and I'd like to play Scorn myself, but what's the point of having temporary exclusivity on specific games that won't move Xboxes?

Not bad, I'm looking forward to Scorn, Planet of Lana, Replaced and Ereban and that's maybe half the list. But I'll probably play them all on PC.

Even though it looks like a boring slow paced FPS, I'm gonna play Scorn just because of the fucked up art style.

Hopefully it's more than just "this year's The Medium".

Same. Could use a good Giger-esque scifi-horror game. Hopefully it's genuinely good and not just something kind of mediocre that gets used in list wars.

Last edited:
Replaced and Somerville both look fantastic 👌 it comes to something when small low budget titles like these (in comparison to a AAA game) look far more interesting and innovative than 90% of the AAA titles coming.

They can come day-one to Game Pass without preventing PS/Switch players to have them on the same day. It wouldn't change a single thing about my experience as Xbox player.

Unless MS played an active role in the development of the games, of course.
That was the case in the Wo Long thread. MS got trashed in those threads by non-Xbox owners for not securing any kind of exclusivity, so it was considered a worthless announcement. I was in that thread saying that it doesn't effect me if PS gamers can play the games, and I was just excited to play it.

It's basically constant negativity either way.

They can come day-one to Game Pass without preventing PS/Switch players to have them on the same day. It wouldn't change a single thing about my experience as Xbox player.

Unless MS played an active role in the development of the games, of course.
Exactly.

pasterpl

I think these are listed in order actually. We don't have a date announced, but my guess is this summer.

We know dates for Scorn, High on Life, Persona in October, and Pentiment in November so you can kinda guess. Somerville on the top right of 2022. We know Dusk Falls is July. Grounded in September.

Games I am interested in;

Naraka
FH5: HotWheels
Somerville
A Plague Tale 2
Warhammer
Grounded
High On Life
Scorn
Atomic Heart
Pentiment
Diablo IV
Redfall
Starfield
FM
ARA
Wo Long
STALKER 2
Replaced
Ereban
The Last Case of Benedict Fox
CoD: MW II

So at least 21 games for the next 12 months. Most Gamepass Day One. Damn.

And I still got a massive backlog :/ Got the Elden Ring on release day but it is still unopened.

Games I am interested in;

Naraka
FH5: HotWheels
Somerville
A Plague Tale 2
Warhammer
Grounded
High On Life
Scorn
Atomic Heart
Pentiment
Diablo IV
Redfall
Starfield
FM
ARA
Wo Long
STALKER 2
Replaced
Ereban
The Last Case of Benedict Fox
CoD: MW II

So at least 21 games for the next 12 months. Most Gamepass Day One. Damn.

And I still got a massive backlog :/ Got the Elden Ring on release day but it is still unopened.
Yeah, and this is a slow year for them. It is just kinda nuts at this point. And they don't announce even close to all the GP games ahead of time. Many unannounced ones and shadow dropped indies I'm sure, and older releases.

Ozriel

M$FT
None of these look like system sellers, so why bother? Are they all coming to Gamepass? What is it about them that makes exclusivity warranted? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are some very fine games here, and I'd like to play Scorn myself, but what's the point of having temporary exclusivity on specific games that won't move Xboxes?

Gamepass is a system seller, and this comes to Gamepass day 1. That’s all there is to this.

For example, Stray will probably sell a decent number of people on PS plus extra. That’s how these things work.

Bartski

Gold Member

ok, but it's rather odd for MS to skip it during the showcase right?

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
All in for Stalker 2 and I may just buy the $110 ultimate edition because not only do I believe the game will be great but also because of what the people working at GSC have gone through and continue to go through in Ukraine. It's fucking insane. And then to top it off, they actually polished the intro and released it as a trailer last Tuesday. Mad respect and props to those at GSC.

Other than that, im somewhat interested in Replaced. Looks cool despite the fact that im not into the retro 8/16 bit looking games.

Also, can Warhammer 40,000: Darktide be fully played solo? Thanks.

ok, but it's rather odd for MS to skip it during the showcase right?
They have a really odd announcement strategy for Gamepass. Some announced a year out. Some announced 2 weeks out. Some shadow dropped the day of with no announcement.

I don't know if that's for fun, or part of the sub agreements with various studios. Omomori or whatever it's called was a day one GP game with zero announcement this month.

I thought so too but then they said that Valheim releases in fall (PC) and Spring 2023 for consoles.

Top Bottom