• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Chat Was WILD

Rubik8

Yeah I was a big 360 player back then. The trashy people and obscene overuse of profanity and racial slurs sort of turned me off from ever using voice chat with strangers ever again.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I loved it. Felt like the wild-west of gaming. Nowadays we are in the Disneyfication age, where if you call someone that you met in an 18+ game a cock-sucker you get a temp ban.

Freezeezy Peak as the opening track is fire 🔥

The British swearing at the start lmao, must have been a culture shock to some the UK vs USA slanging matches

Last edited:
I loved it. Felt like the wild-west of gaming. Nowadays we are in the Disneyfication age, where if you call someone that you met in an 18+ game a cock-sucker you get a temp ban.

The British swearing at the start lmao, must have been a culture shock to some the UK vs USA slanging matches

Do somewhat miss it myself, the Halo 3 lobbies were like saloon brawls back in the day.

Nowadays lobbies feel like an NHS A&E waiting room minus the drunkards.

JimboJones

Yeah it was mostly hilarious, the saltier the better 😂.

Rossco EZ

modern warfare 2 lobbies is what i remember the most, i can’t even imagine the ‘i’m offended’ people of today in this era of gaming.

& wow, that mic quality :messenger_grinning_squinting:.

Overly sensitive (mentally ill) people should just disable chat features, instead of stupid censorship.

What is next, ugly people must wear bags on head after we get rid of masks, because sensitive bastards got used to not see faces? :D

I just dont get why some are so weak that complete random can hurt their feelings, why care what strangers say? Like if some idiot yells "fuck you dick ass!" On street, should people roll and cry, instead of laugh?

Racial slurs are even more laughable, if someone cares that others call em "niggas"* or "milk faces"* / whatever, getting hurt by it is childish as we live in world where some rappers/actors spam "nigga" more than anything else and nobody cares.

If people get hurt when group A says a word but not when group B does, it kind of makes them racist and hypocrites, while they think that wrong coloured people whom use the word are racists.

Just think about it, if I state that White people can call me "the milk face", but if blacks do it, they should be jailed = is that fair or discriminating?

Healthy way would be: joke about everything and everyone, dont like it? Block the chat.

Culture of overly sensitive world just gives tools for people to bully others by lying that they are now hurt by words.

Yes, people whom get others banned by words are modern day bullies

* Used as an example, dont get offended :)

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Ahh yes, badly impersonating Schwarzenegger in Halo 2.. Those were the times indeed <3

Graciaus

Party chat was the best and worst thing to happen to online gaming. Now you could talk to your friends without dealing with randoms. But gone are the days of randoms all talking shit to each other before and after a match.

ManaByte

And then...they gave these people a webcam with Uno.

thats a penis GIF

bronk

Banned
Always remember my cousin yelling ill beat your ass to what I assume was kids clowning him on gears of war. Too funny

I dunno if it's cus I was younger back then and wasn't depressed with life but for every trash talker you also got people you could make friends with and continue to game online with.

Everyone had a mic too. I do miss those days

Thomish

Racial slurs are even more laughable, if someone cares that others call em "niggas"* or "milk faces"* / whatever, getting hurt by it is childish as we live in world where some rappers/actors spam "nigga" more than anything else and nobody cares
This is stupid lol. Bet you wouldn't go out and call a black person this to their face. Rappers don't say it in an insulting way either, learn the history behind the word.

Top Bottom