• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 20th Anniversary Official Stream (15/11/21 - 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm GMT)

MikeM

much shorter than I thought, but I prefer that over something long and drawn out and overly cheesy.

So
1. Expanded BC games.
2. Halo MP release

about what was expected.
FPS BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST! MOAR BOOST!

Cartoon Network GIF by CNLA
vin diesel GIF

This is going to boost the fuck out of Game Pass. For those thinking "no way, it's f2p, you don't need game pass," this is the best received FPS MP this entire year now being basically released now. I also believe it to be the best looking and playing of the bunch. This will generate more excitement for the campaign, which many more people will buy due to Halo Infinite's MP, but more than that, it will lead people to grab Game Pass for the campaign. This is very smart strategy by Microsoft.

Banned
even tho no JSRF, this list is better than I expected... I mean OTOGI!!! FINALLY!!!

and Max Payne, although no FPS boost sadly :(

Manhunt is very nice because the Xbox version is simply by far the best one

and of course RIIIIIIIDGE RACEEEERRR!

This is going to boost the fuck out of Game Pass. For those thinking "no way, it's f2p, you don't need game pass," this is the best received FPS MP this entire year now being basically released now. I also believe it to be the best looking and playing of the bunch. This will generate more excitement for the campaign, which many more people will buy due to Halo Infinite's MP, but more than that, it will lead people to grab Game Pass for the campaign. This is very smart strategy by Microsoft.
Combine that with Forza Horizon and you have a couple of players.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa
Thought they might of added a new UI feature or two and maybe some new themes like a 360 theme etc.

Are we ever going to get that improved achievements system?

jaysius

Banned
Thought they might of added a new UI feature or two and maybe some new themes like a 360 theme etc.

Are we ever going to get that improved achievements system?
Yea, I was hoping they'd do a BLADE theme for the freaks what want it like myself.

Improved Achievement System? What?

Bartski

Gold Member
List

• 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand
  • Aces of the Galaxy
  • Advent Rising
  • Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom
  • Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? Make the Grade
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Burning Earth
  • Bankshot Billiards 2
  • Beautiful Katamari
  • Binary Domain
  • Black College Football Xperience: Doug Williams Ed
  • Cloning Clyde
  • Conan
  • Darwinia+
  • Dead or Alive Ultimate
  • Dead or Alive 3
  • Dead or Alive 4
  • Death by Cube
  • Disney Universe
  • Disney’s Chicken Little
  • Elements of Destruction
  • F.E.A.R.
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
  • F.E.A.R. 3
  • F.E.A.R. Files
  • The First Templar
  • Gladius
  • Gunvalkyrie
  • Islands of Wakfu
  • Lego The Lord of the Rings
  • Manhunt
  • Max Payne
  • Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
  • Max Payne 3
  • Mini Ninjas
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
  • MX vs. ATV Alive
  • MX vs. ATV Untamed
  • NIER
  • Novadrome
  • Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee
  • Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad
  • Otogi: Myth of Demons
  • Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors
  • The Outfit
  • Outpost Kaloki X
  • Quake Arena Arcade
  • R.A.W. - Realms of Ancient War
  • Red Dead Revolver
  • Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
  • Ridge Racer 6
  • Rio
  • Risen
  • Risen 2: Dark Waters
  • Rock of Ages
  • Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
  • Scramble
  • Screwjumper!
  • Secret Weapons Over Normandy
  • Skate 2
  • SpongeBob SquarePants Underpants Slam!
  • SpongeBob’s Truth or Square
  • Star Wars Starfighter: Special Edition
  • Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
  • Switchball
  • Thrillville
  • Thrillville: Off the Rails
  • Time Pilot
  • TimeSplitters 2
  • TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
  • Toy Story Mania!
  • Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment
  • Viva Piñata: Party Animals
  • Warlords
crazy good. I wonder how many of those are heading over to gamepass on the occasion.

My only hope is one day Metal Gear Rising will join the party.

Last edited:
Even tho i didn't expect much since Aaron Greenberg's tweet (would never have expected anything less/worse than a "X0" on a 20th console aniversary if you asked me 4 months ago) , considering he talked about new game announcements etc, i still thought we'd see a bit of gameplay of either Forza Motorsport or Fable since they would be great fits to this celebration knowing they've been there from the original Xbox. But again, no gameplay.

Interesting that , for at least a few days, once Halo releases, we'll have 0 gameplay shown of any future Xbox game

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Wait, what? theres never going to be more BC games?
Thats what the source says.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I had the video on but sound off as I was in a meeting.

I'll watch the video for fun later. I could tell by the segments it looks like they were joking around with Bill Gates and Rock yucking it up. Saw that pic of him from 30 years ago thinking he's NKOTB.

Kev Kev

I had the video on but sound off as I was in a meeting.

I'll watch the video for fun later. I could tell by the segments it looks like they were joking around with Bill Gates and Rock yucking it up. Saw that pic of him from 30 years ago thinking he's NKOTB.
eh, maybe this is just the cynical old man in me, but imo it was a bit overly dramatic and emotional. kind of cringe. i liked dwayne johnsons part tho, they were light hearted and funny. but other parts were just :messenger_grimmacing_

i guess if i actually worked with xbox when it started 20 years ago i might be a bit emotional, so i can see where they are coming from. but this whole "family" and "its all about bringing people together" stuff is just corporate speak bullshit. always makes me cringe. i never understood the die hard love for any mega corp or console, but i suppose if you arent the type to cringe at that kind of stuff, then youll enjoy it, sure, but otherwise id save the time, skip it and just go play some halo. but if you do watch it and it makes you cry, then you are hereby obligated to come back here and tell us how much of a pussy you are lmao

i am very much looking forward to playing some halo tonite tho! that part was :messenger_fire::messenger_fire::messenger_fire:

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
eh, maybe this is just the cynical old man in me, but imo it was a bit overly dramatic and emotional. kind of cringe. i liked dwayne johnsons part tho, they were light hearted and funny. but other parts were just :messenger_grimmacing_

i guess if i actually worked with xbox when it started 20 years ago i might be a bit emotional, so i can see where they are coming from. but this whole "family" and "its all about bringing people together" stuff is just corporate speak bullshit. always makes me cringe. i never understood the die hard love for any mega corp or console, but i suppose if you arent the type to cringe at that kind of stuff, then youll enjoy it, sure, but otherwise id save the time, skip it and just go play some halo. but if you do watch it and it makes you cry, then you are hereby obligated to come back here and tell us how much of a pussy you are lmao

i am very much looking forward to playing some halo tonite tho! that part was :messenger_fire::messenger_fire::messenger_fire:
ah crap. Maybe I wont watch it. lol

Corporate cringe is awful. And you get a shit load of that in tech companies some reason. But only certain ones in certain industries within tech. Cant remember the last time SAP or Oracle did cheesey office pics of everyone in the lobby.

I dont even think it's for the gamers to get influenced to be one of the brand ambassadors. I think it's more for the employees to boost their morale.

M
crazy good. I wonder how many of those are heading over to gamepass on the occasion.

My only hope is one day Metal Gear Rising will join the party.
My man, MGS Rising has bene on sale every 3 weeks for 5 measly bucks/eurotrons only...

In other news : those cheeky buggers at MS, they know what they're doing aren't they ?
Binary Domain, an Xbox 360 game costs 15 bucks while the Otogi games (OG Xbox titles) are 20 bucks each FFS, I mean, the fuxkers know that everyone and their mothers love FROM SOFT nowadays so they might as well raise the price, right ? Meanwhile, GunValkyrie, another OG Xbox Title is only 10 bucks (as it should be)

MOTM

Banned
Even tho i didn't expect much since Aaron Greenberg's tweet (would never have expected anything less/worse than a "X0" on a 20th console aniversary if you asked me 4 months ago) , considering he talked about new game announcements etc, i still thought we'd see a bit of gameplay of either Forza Motorsport or Fable since they would be great fits to this celebration knowing they've been there from the original Xbox. But again, no gameplay.

Interesting that , for at least a few days, once Halo releases, we'll have 0 gameplay shown of any future Xbox game
TGA awards in a couple of weeks.

At least Redfall gameplay since it’s coming out summer 2022.

McCheese

Great showing, a shame the secret leaked out but it's still a "megaton" announcement and kudos to Microsoft for pulling it off.

The documentary series looks interesting too, I wonder how they tip-toe around J Allard being demoted after sexual harassment claims, I noticed they kept a clip of him skating around but will be weird seeing interviews with the "OG team" without mentioning him.

DaGwaphics

Solid little presentation.

Is anyone else really excited about the documentary series? It will be so cool to get one of these that is sanctioned by one of the major companies themselves. I've probably watched hundreds of hours of this type of thing, but it is generally just researched by some YT channels and things like that, so might get some things wrong etc.

Dr.Morris79

Thats what the source says.

Ah well, we got Max Payne, I can live with this!

aries_71

Wait… did the Halo Infinity multiplayer beta installed in my Xbox automatically? I do no recall manually installing, and suddenly I saw a notification saying that the beta was playable?

Top Bottom