• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 20th Anniversary Livestream - November 15th

ManaByte

We invite you to join us on Nov. 15 to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Xbox and Halo with a fun, digital broadcast for fans around the globe. While we won’t announce any new games, this anniversary broadcast will be a special look back at 20 years of Xbox.

xbox_anniversary-event_date_1920x1080.jpg

Mr.ODST

Yes, it says that in the OP. Halo Infinite isn't a new game. This is where they'll show off the campaign since it's also the 20th anniversary of Halo.
Perfect chance to start building on marketing, while they say they wont show any NEW games, MS has announced .. ALOT of games that haven't been shown off properly yet so there could be a chance we get to see some gameplay from multiple games.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Yes, it says that in the OP. Halo Infinite isn't a new game. This is where they'll show off the campaign since it's also the 20th anniversary of Halo.

Well, they probably had to delay a bunch of thigns due to COVID

I expect maybe a couple new trailers and maybe new games coming to XGP

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Managed to snag myself an anniversary controller but missed out on the fridge sadly :(

I hope they announce a 20th anniversary console to match the controller.

elliot5

i really wouldn't expect any game trailers or updates for stuff like Avowed, Redfall, etc. I would expect those to come during prime time TGA.

Halo would be the only expected trailer of an upcoming game given the situation. Then, maybe some fun stuff like BC updates and whatnot

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I expect a full explanation of why Phantom Dust Reboot has not been picked up again. What is Code Mystics up to. I alpha tested the remaster and was able to talk directly with the developers how that game should proceed, including new features added like the daily login rewards.

It was literally the biggest honor I've ever had in gaming, seeing as Phantom Dust is my favorite game of all time.

Microsoft needs to answer for this transgression. Bring back Phantom Dust Reboot.

Edit: I'll probably get nothing and like it.

u4ewfryxfwvgv01gbpwi.gif

Last edited:

MacReady13

Saddest thing about watching this is, if they go back and show stuff from the original and 360 consoles, it'll get me really shitty about how far back Microsoft have fallen in the console space (in my opinion for anyone looking to get upset). They used to be so good in the console space, especially during the 1st half of the 360's life (not withstanding the dreaded ring of death). Their "arcade" games on xbox live were an absolute treat. They had the best versions of MANY games and it was THE place to play online. Again, IN MY OPINION they have dropped the ball so badly to focus on other things... like game pass. I miss the focus on consoles. I miss games like PGR and their brilliant arcade games (Bejeweled 3, Geometry Wars 1 and 2 etc...)

Xenon

Saddest thing about watching this is, if they go back and show stuff from the original and 360 consoles, it'll get me really shitty about how far back Microsoft have fallen in the console space (in my opinion for anyone looking to get upset). They used to be so good in the console space, especially during the 1st half of the 360's life (not withstanding the dreaded ring of death). Their "arcade" games on xbox live were an absolute treat. They had the best versions of MANY games and it was THE place to play online. Again, IN MY OPINION they have dropped the ball so badly to focus on other things... like game pass. I miss the focus on consoles. I miss games like PGR and their brilliant arcade games (Bejeweled 3, Geometry Wars 1 and 2 etc...)

Man some people can just not get past the Xbox. Yeah they screwed up in the beginning, but the stuck the landing.

They have killed it from a hardware standpoint ever since.

MacReady13

Man some people can just not get past the Xbox. Yeah they screwed up in the beginning, but the stuck the landing.

They have killed it from a hardware standpoint ever since.
I don't think you quite understand the concept of IN MY OPINION... In MY opinion I don't like the direction Microsoft have taken with the Xbox brand since the Kinect came out and then the One X was released. I'm more interested in when they focused on console gaming and making sure it felt like a community of gamers together with the best versions of the best games! Now they seem to be focusing on a subscription service and buying as many game companies as they can to lock games away. Again, in MY opinion i'm not a fan of this direction at all.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I'm tempted to buy a SSD expansion but I'm going to hold off until this just incase there is other options or sizes announced.

Last edited:
Top Bottom