• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox’s Compulsion Games is working on a ‘third-person single player game’

Vasto

Xbox’s Compulsion Games, the developer behind We Happy Few, has revealed that its next title will be a third-person narrative single player game.

THE STUDIO BEHIND WE HAPPY FEW HAS DOUBLED IN SIZE

3744600-1280x720.jpg

In an interview with Xbox Squad, Naila Hadjas from Compulsion Games talked about the studio’s expansion, its plans for the future and revealed a few details about its next, unannounced title.

The new project, which is said to have started production only a few months after the release of We Happy Few, is currently in what Hadjas calls “full development”.

Hadjas also revealed that unlike We Happy Few, the next project is unlikely to debut in Early Access due to its narrative nature:

“With our new game, a narrative, third person, story game, I don’t think we need any feedback. It’s not like a rogue-like where you replay it multiple times and you need data to make sure the experience is fun.

We Happy Few has evolved a lot, at the beginning it was a rogue-like and then we added a story because people loved the world, the characters, so we said “ok, we’re going to make a game with an end and a story”. The next game is a story, we know where we are going.”

When asked when she thinks we’ll see the game, Nadjas replied “I have no idea (laughs)”

Xbox’s Compulsion Games is working on a ‘third-person single player game’ | VGC (videogameschronicle.com)

Varteras

Gold Member
But where is the PR shot of Phil playing it on a screen we can't see?? I have to see Phil! SHOW ME PHIL!!!!

SJRB

Gold Member
JEolxmf.gif

A b-tier studio that completely failed to deliver is working on a third person single player game??

And it's in playable alpha state?????

BOY OH BOY

Godot25

Banned
Problem is..alpha state could mean literally anything.
I remember Titanfall 2 having pre-alpha tech test few months before release.

But I think that 2024 could be realistic target for Compulsion. They finished in 2019 with We Happy Few, probably upgraded to UE5 and since they are relatively small (around 100 devs), they should be able to make a game in 5 years.

anthony2690

Banned
I enjoyed contrast by these guys.

& I remember being excited by the we happy few reveal (it was incredible)

Then it turned out to be a survival game after the incredible intro stuff :(

& Then I never bothered even trying it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom