• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOHICA: Don Mattrick Defends Xbox One's Online Requirements

Or, it's done a game by game basis.

For example, I can't see many, if any multiplatform games taking advantage of the cloud, so those will likely only be subject to the 24 check. First party and other exclusives however, will likely take full advantage of the cloud so will require a persistent online connection.

Take full advantage? I don't think so. This implies they will stop working if your internet drops, which just isn't going to happen...or at least I don't think it will happen...because it would be crazy...

Ok it might happen. But consider that the "cloud" isn't a worldwide thing so any latency dependent games are just not going to work. I'd expect all games to have the 24 check, which means they need temporary offline functionality...which means they'll never use the cloud beyond anti-piracy/sharing type measures like storing your saves there (because no dev is going to do double the work for little gain).

Top Bottom