• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Wrestlemania 22 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Archie said:
Anyone who bitches about Triple H hogging the spotlight needs to be reminded he has lost 3 WM main events IN A ROW.
crazymickie6pw.jpg

Kenobi

Archie said:
Anyone who bitches about Triple H hogging the spotlight needs to be reminded he has lost 3 WM main events IN A ROW.

It's funny, because in a few months cena's pic will be replaced with HHH. Just a hunch. My only guess as to "why" HHH lost is cause Steph looks like she's giving birth anyday now.

gjb-sensei

Nintendo invented the pixel...
It's one thing for Cena to retain the title and turn heel somehow at the same time, but to retain the title and remain a face despite all of the boos?! Seriously, this company just doesn't fucking get it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Archie said:
Shawn Michaels is on WWE saying he's getting a bit tired of the goody two shoes thing. :O

Yes!

Edit: If I Here "Are You Ready" Play over the titantron tomorrow, i am gonna mark out so hard

Bishman

Come this monday night raw... John Cena better lose the belt to the King of Kings. And hell the same thing for Rey. Cmon, how is he going to be champion when he can't see past the turn buckle? Look at this finisher. 619? 6-1-9? Jesus. A heavyweight champion? Does the WWE really think a dude who is shorter than most 6th grades is a credible champion. Hell no!

What a wreck WM.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Some announcer just asked the crowd who they wanted to see in Playboy next.

...someone shouted out Victoria

Kenobi

VictimOfGrief said:
Shoot THEM!!! AND KILL THEM!!!
crazymickie6pw.jpg

Someone said last week or so said that Mickie looks hotter and hotter every week. I have to fucking agree. She looked hot tonight, and no, she doesn't have that "perfect trish" body, but she's still hot as hell.

Dear Chicago:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Owned.

I just love the collective WTF faces of 10,000 guys in Chicago who realized all at the same time that they're now going to have to shell out 34.95 to see Cena lose at Backlash. The ironic thing is, by booing Cena at the HOF, Vince probably changed the main event to bang a bigger buyrate for Backlash. Based on the Backlash promo (Cena: I'm coming back to take what's MINE!), that almost certainly seems to be the case.

I'm sure people will bitch about this Wrestlemania based on the main event, but I enjoyed all of it, with the exception of Taker/Henry. And until the screwup at the end, the Trish/Mickie match was easily the highlight of the show.

Kenobi said:
Someone said last week or so said that Mickie looks hotter and hotter every week. I have to fucking agree. She looked hot tonight, and no, she doesn't have that "perfect trish" body, but she's still hot as hell.
I would agree. Her boobs are "big" but not balloons. Trish's are a bit big and don't scale well with her eyebrows and nose.

I'd like Mickie anytime, anywhere.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Convergys said:
WTF...kristal asks a 12 year old kid which diva should pose in playboy next.

She rubbed up against a teen and asked if it made him uncomfortible also :lol :lol :lol

Christopher

Mickie could be like Trish if she stoped eating for a month...god damn Trish eat something you were hot as fuck in 2004 with your weight on.

Something BIG better happen on RAW tomorrow (DX, Cena getting murdered, Maria/Mickie HLA) or I am taking a break for this shit for a while.

oh and fuck you to jobber....

Note: I am liking 60% of WWE's stuff at the moment but this CENA FUCKING SHIT is killer!!!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I have never hated a wrestler more than I have hated cena.

I am SICK TO FUCKING DEATH of him.

gjb-sensei

Keyser Soze said:
Something BIG better happen on RAW tomorrow (DX, Cena getting murdered, Maria/Mickie HLA) or I am taking a break for this shit for a while.

oh and fuck you to jobber....

Note: I am liking 60% of WWE's stuff at the moment but this CENA FUCKING SHIT is killer!!!

This isn't confirmed yet, but I've read at several sites that something may happen regarding Hogan/Austin.

xabre

Banned
Tamashii Sensei said:
This isn't confirmed yet, but I've read at several sites that something may happen regarding Hogan/Austin.

Well gee, what a RIVETING fued that would be....

*snooze

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Tamashii Sensei said:

Hogan left town this morning.

Tamashii Sensei said:

I know both of them are big stars but really how interesting of a story/match could happen with the two of them? If WWE want to roll out the old then DX is the only way to go as far as I am concerned (I had not really thought of DX before tonight but all the references during mania were interesting).

edit - that was punk?

DMczaf

"- After the PPV ended, Cena celebrated in the ring and cried. The crowd was 50/50 for him, with lots of people walking out as soon as the match was over. Triple H got up on his knees in the ring after Cena left, and there was some applause, but a lot of boos. Triple H picked up the sledgehammer and walked to the back. There was a "Triple H" chant as he got to the stage and exited."

King of Kings. :(

wm27yl.jpg

gjb-sensei

Keyser Soze said:
I know both of them are big stars but really how interesting of a story/match could happen with the two of them? If WWE want to roll out the old then DX is the only way to go as far as I am concerned (I had not really thought of DX before tonight but all the references during mania were interesting).

edit - that was punk?

I agree that they probably couldn't do much with them storyline-wise, but it'd be more interesting and entertaining than another John Cena match, that's for sure.

As for the several D-X references they made during WrestleMania 22, that was a bit interesting, but knowing the WWE, they were likely doing nothing more than teasing us, just like the few times they've made it seem that Ric Flair was going to become champion again or win the Money in the Bank Match. You think it's going to happen, but in the end, the door gets slammed in your face.

gjb-sensei

xabre said:
I'm sorry, I'm still in 'fuck you to hell John Cena' mode.

LOL, it's cool. I'm pissed off as well. (I was screaming at my T.V. the whole time when Cena had Trips in the "STFU".)

Penguin

I don't know it was a good match. And it seemed near the end that the crowd was atleast more split towards Cena.

I honestly don't some of the hate for Cena.

Man puts on a good match.. he still sucks.

He does what any other face does.. he sucks

What does he need to do exactly?

evil ways

I was hoping WWE would salvage this disaster by having Cena take the mic, and do a massive heel turn on the crowd, but I guess there's still merchandise to be sold, crappy matches to be had, and odds to be overcomed.

Darmstadtium

Bandwagoner
Penguin said:
I don't know it was a good match. And it seemed near the end that the crowd was atleast more split towards Cena.

I honestly don't some of the hate for Cena.

Man puts on a good match.. he still sucks.

He does what any other face does.. he sucks

What does he need to do exactly?

Accept the fact that he's white.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Kenobi said:
It's funny, because in a few months cena's pic will be replaced with HHH. Just a hunch. My only guess as to "why" HHH lost is cause Steph looks like she's giving birth anyday now.

The bigger reason is that Cena is pulling in more money for the company than any HHH title run has. Sorry guys, but a champ is there to make money for the company, Cena is doing that so he needs to remain champ. I say change up his booking to make him a bit more interesting again, but if he is pulling in the money, why make a change? But seriously, in wrestling 101, there is no reason to make a change with Cena. Anyone out there who doesn't get that, doesn't understand wrestling at all. A heel turn probably is in order for Cena and if WWE history is anything to go on, tomorrow night will be the night to do it.

I for one hope he stays champ until the ECW PPV. The heat on him there will be incredible. I would hate for RVD to be champ though as he sucks more than Cena in the ring. Cena's style is just horrid and there is no way he will bring in the money Cena is. I say have HHH cost RVD the title at One Night Stand and start that fued.

As far as HHH's entrance, that shit is real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom