• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K22 - Official Announcement Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch the WWE 2K22 announcement trailer to see how the developers and wrestling stars have joined forces for the upcoming game. This year's WWE 2K22 cover star is Rey Mysterio in celebration of his 20th anniversary as a WWE Superstar.

WWE 2K22 will have a redesigned engine, new MyGM and MyFACTION modes, new controls, upgraded visuals, and more. The WWE 2K22 release date is March 11, 2022. It's available to pre-order now.

Bullet Club

The pricing is fucked up, especially for the nWo version.

Standard Edition
  • $70 / £65 on current gen, $60 / £60 on last-gen
  • includes base game on one system only (not cross-gen)
  • Undertaker Immortal Pack pre-order bonus (3 extra Undertaker personas, MyFaction Evo cards, MyFaction perks and bonuses)
Cross-Gen Digital Bundle
  • $80 / £70
  • includes both generations (PS5 / PS4 or Xbox Series / Xbox One)
  • Starrcade ’96 Rey Mysterio Pack (playable character and MyFaction card)
  • Undertaker Immortal Pack pre-order bonus
Deluxe Edition
  • $100 / £85
  • includes both generations
  • Season Pass (five DLC packs)
  • MyRise Mega Boost
  • SuperCharger Pack
  • Starrcade ’96 Rey Mysterio Pack
nWo 4-Life Edition (digital only)
  • $120 / £105
  • includes everything in Deluxe Edition
  • playable nWo versions of Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Syxx and Eric Bischoff
  • nWo bonus content (MyFaction Gold pack with nWo Evo cards and the nWo Wolfpac title, plus two classic WCW PPC venues)

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
How is this an "announcement" trailer when they've linked to the previous trailers on this video? It's a fun, unrealistic look at the game (I like how Tim just randomly shows up at WWE Incoprorated), but we've known about and seen this game for awhile now.

CamHostage

How is this an "announcement" trailer when they've linked to the previous trailers on this video? It's a fun, unrealistic look at the game (I like how Tim just randomly shows up at WWE Incoprorated), but we've known about and seen this game for awhile now.

It's a re-announcement, if you will?

It's also an announcement of the full features and gameplay systems (although it's still not hardly a "gameplay trailer", as there's nothing from the main game camera, even if WWE is heavily cutscene-based action.) Even the November trailer last year ended with "Full details to come starting January 2022", so even though this still is a very, very limited reveal in the new trailer (I think there's still less game footage in the "Official Announcement Trailer" than either previous trailer, this is really more like a TV commercial selling the idea of the game than it is actually a proper product showcase,) I kind of get how the previous trailers were still considered teasers. Ideally, now that this "Official Announcement Trailer" is out, the floodgates will be opened for more gameplay looks and match videos. But we'll see.

Ultimately, you're right, it's a silly term to call it the second or third "Announcement Trailer", but it does feel like it needed to be re-announced. It wasn't just a "we need a little extra time" delay when it missed its Fall 2021 release, as they were supposedly overhauling it over even what was teased/"announced" before, back in April.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Yeah, the facial animations definitely look... off. Game still looks a bit stiff in the footage they've shown too. I really miss solid wrestling games, I wish they were in better shape these days. For years now it's just felt like a "there's nothing else, so I'll settle for this" kinda thing.

Here's to hoping for more ridiculous bugs, lmao.

VYdwac9.gif
A7j7Wgp.gif

Kagey K

Banned
Glad GM mode is back but I wonder how fast the roster will be outdated? With the releases here and there.
Probably already is. Almost every game I can think of launched with released wrestlers on the roster.

Goddammit that NWO stuff is going to make me shell out extra money if this proves to be good.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I hope it's good because a good wrestling game can have a long life, but the edition list is confusing and filled with nonsense
The pricing is fucked up, especially for the nWo version.

Standard Edition
  • $70 / £65 on current gen, $60 / £60 on last-gen
  • includes base game on one system only (not cross-gen)
  • Undertaker Immortal Pack pre-order bonus (3 extra Undertaker personas, MyFaction Evo cards, MyFaction perks and bonuses)
Cross-Gen Digital Bundle
  • $80 / £70
  • includes both generations (PS5 / PS4 or Xbox Series / Xbox One)
  • Starrcade ’96 Rey Mysterio Pack (playable character and MyFaction card)
Deluxe Edition
  • $100 / £85
  • includes both generations
  • Season Pass (five DLC packs)
  • MyRise Mega Boost
  • SuperCharger Pack
  • Starrcade ’96 Rey Mysterio Pack
nWo 4-Life Edition (digital only)
  • $120 / £105
  • includes everything in Deluxe Edition
  • playable nWo versions of Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Syxx and Eric Bischoff
  • nWo bonus content (MyFaction Gold pack with nWo Evo cards and the nWo Wolfpac title, plus two classic WCW PPC venues)
What's all the "My" stuff? MyFaction, MyRise. MyHeadHurts from the convoluted way they've gone about this. I need spreadsheets and a powerpoint to guide me through it

...did I see the Warrior on the trailer?
For some reason he's all over it

Last edited:

Starcheif

I was just watching a video on Saturday Night Slam Masters and how great that game was so maybe this will suprise me and be great.

Top Bottom