• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K20 review thread

GreatnessRD

I seen that first video, but the second video is wild. I'm wondering how 2K own the assets since they've been using that engine beforehand. Or maybe he's talking about that goofy motion capturing bit. Which sucked dick anyway. This series won't be back on track until at least 2K22 with the next generation of consoles on the way.

Shaqazooloo

Watched Matts video yesterday, it's quite astonishing what may be going on behind the scenes and I feel sorry for people that bought the game and regret the purchase. Much like WWE 2K18 on Switch I don't think they will actually fix the issues, it's a yearly series, can't dedicate too much time a resources when you have a new one you gotta work on.

Since I brought up WWE 2K18 on the Switch, I wanna say that this whole thing makes me wonder if something similar happened with that as well. I wouldn't be shocked if it turns out that when the Switch version was announced in late July (I think) they had just started working on it with an inexperienced port studio and when December rolled around and they weren't done 2K said "we'll just ship it out in a week and whatever happens happens".

I guess 2K isn't too much to blame for all of this. They're doing what they can with the time they're given, sounds like a pain in the ass licence to deal with.

Top Bottom