• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K Battlegrounds announced

Mista

Banned

2K Games has announced WWE 2K Battlegrounds, an arcade-style wrestling game developed by NBA 2K Playgrounds studio Saber Interactive. It will launch this fall for unannounced platforms.

Here is an overview of the game, via 2K Games:
WWE 2K Battlegrounds is a completely new WWE gaming experience that will feature arcade-style action and over-the-top Superstar designs, environments and moves. We’re focusing on social pick-up-and-play fun, but with plenty of depth for those who want to get way into it.

Whether you’re a casual gamer just learning the ropes or a passionate fan ready for all the action, WWE 2K Battlegrounds provides another way to enjoy WWE video game action. The game is being developed by Saber Interactive, the studio behind NBA 2K Playgrounds, who have been hard at work on WWE 2K Battlegrounds and are excited to let you smell what they’re cookin’.

2K Games also confirmed it will not release a WWE 2K simulation game in 2021 to ensure the development team at Visual Concepts can create a game that applies the feedback received from WWE 2K20 and entertains veteran players and newcomers alike.

As part of that effort, 2K Games has recruited Patrick Gilmore to oversee development of WWE 2K titles at Visual Concepts. Gilmore has over 25 years of experience in video games, and has previously worked on Disney’s Aladdin for Sega Genesis, Killer Instinct, Medal of Honor, and Amazon’s New World.

Gematsu

waylo

Banned
Looks like All-Stars. Could be fun, though those character models, specifically the women, are, uhh...not the greatest.

MiguelItUp

Man, some of the player models look terrifying. The women almost remind me of Troll dolls or something because their proportions look all weird, lol.

StormCell

So I figure this is the perfect thread to ask GAF: Who has played the Fire Pro Wrestling game that's out? How is it?

Hostile_18

Banned
Omg....

Giving Star Wars a run for it's money for most mishandled licensed property.

Just let the games release every two years for gods sake 😂

D.Final

Banned

2K Games has announced WWE 2K Battlegrounds, an arcade-style wrestling game developed by NBA 2K Playgrounds studio Saber Interactive. It will launch this fall for unannounced platforms.

Here is an overview of the game, via 2K Games:

2K Games also confirmed it will not release a WWE 2K simulation game in 2021 to ensure the development team at Visual Concepts can create a game that applies the feedback received from WWE 2K20 and entertains veteran players and newcomers alike.

As part of that effort, 2K Games has recruited Patrick Gilmore to oversee development of WWE 2K titles at Visual Concepts. Gilmore has over 25 years of experience in video games, and has previously worked on Disney’s Aladdin for Sega Genesis, Killer Instinct, Medal of Honor, and Amazon’s New World.

Gematsu

Interesting

Karmic Raze

Not sure I like the art style, but it’s better than rushing 2K21 and having another botchfest of a game. This looks like it’ll be fun at least. Consider me interested. Now where’s my AEW game?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bullet Club

Featuring over 70 WWE Superstars and Legends, WWE 2K Battlegrounds is an all-new, over-the-top, multiplayer arcade experience featuring interactive environments and devastating power-ups. Battle your friends online or on the couch in loads of match types, including the new King of the Battleground and online tournaments.

Rathalos

Banned
This actually looks really fun, if it reviews well this will be the first wrestling game I have bought in years.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Definitely looks like more fun than the iterative shovelware they've been releasing for the last 16 years.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
That visual design for the wrestlers looks VERY weird to me. I can see what they were going for, but I dunno, maybe its the realistic facial features...? Strange.

Top Bottom