• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wuhan Virus around, will people line up for next gen?

Would you line up?

• Total voters
That’s it, Wuhan virus may be strong and ready for you in November, would you still line up?

Here in japan there’s already line up for many stores limiting people inside, but Playstation may attract a massive amount of people, not sure if the government will allow it.

If corona is like now, I will just skip it and wait for normal price in amazon lol.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah I don't see lines forming for really anything this fall/winter.

Console launches and Black Friday will almost be entirely online which means we're all getting fucked by bots unless they figure out a way to prevent that.

yurinka

I won't line up, but wearing masks and keeping the distance people could line up.

Btw, the virus didn't start in Wuhan. The virus was at least in Europe before the Wuhan market stuff. Some universities from here take periodical samples of sewer water and frozens them. They've been testing these past samples and the oldest ones they found with the virus are from March 2019:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...wage-sample-spanish-study-shows-idUSKBN23X2HQ

Barcelona is a super turistic place, which means it's highly likely that some tourist brought it and probably other ones got infected back then. So it could be almost everywhere at least in March of last year.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

I think I'll just order it from Amazon and be done with all the hassle.

This is the way...I haven’t lined up for a console launch ever. Closest I came was preordering Switch at GameStop but only because Amazon was having a beef with Nintendo at the time and I couldn’t preorder.

I don’t think COVID will deter people though if gun stores are any indication of willingness to stand in line.

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

I will line up at my front door as the UPS guy drops it off. Then, as is tradition, drive by gamestop to laugh at the mile long line stretching down the plaza.

jigglet

Banned
I won't line up, but wearing masks and keeping the distance people could line up.

Btw, the virus didn't start in Wuhan. The virus was at least in Europe before the Wuhan market stuff. Some university from here takes periodical samples of sewer water and frozens them. They've been testing these past sample and the oldest ones they found with the virus are from March 2019:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...wage-sample-spanish-study-shows-idUSKBN23X2HQ

Barcelona is a super turistic place, which means it's highly likely that some tourist brought it and probably other ones got infected back then. So it could be almost everywhere at least in March of last year.

And the world is flat. There's so much evidence the world is flat I can't believe you don't see it.

Pure. Ignorance.

Last edited:

Kindjal

This is the way...I haven’t lined up for a console launch ever. Closest I came was preordering Switch at GameStop but only because Amazon was having a beef with Nintendo at the time and I couldn’t preorder.

I don’t think COVID will deter people though if gun stores are any indication of willingness to stand in line.

Something similar happened to me. The Switch is the only console I've been able to buy at launch, but I went to a store, just picked up a Switch and Zelda, and then went to pay for it. I didn't even have to wait in line :messenger_grinning:.

levyjl1988

Banned
I like having the luxury of working from home and everything coming to me, whether it be pizza orders or amazon orders. The need to go out is no more and I'm glad I built a nest and man cave to sustain me.
All the entertainment is nearby.
My connection to the outside world is a computer with 3 monitors and an internet connection. When things go offline I got books and physical games to sustain me.
I find it difficult to be bored but often paralyzed with choices.

MiguelItUp

People will line up. It's foolish to think they won't.
Exactly. People think it's a hoax. People don't exercise proper caution, etc. So, I'd definitely expect people to line up, but I certainly wouldn't. I've had friends that got COVID and recovered, as well as friends that lost family members/friends.

I've been home 90% of the time since it's started, the other percentage is me going to the store periodically. With stores saying masks are required you still see people walking around the store with the mask on their chin or completely off. It completely ruins the purpose.

yurinka

And the world is flat. There's so much evidence the world is flat I can't believe you don't see it.

Pure. Ignorance.
There's no scientific evidence saying that the world is flat, all the scientific facts prove the opposite. Regarding the covid, scientific evidence found covid in different samples from European countries (analyzed by universities, not flatearthers) as old November or so as I remember (not sure but I'd say they were Sweden, Italy and maybe UK), and in case of Barcelona March 2019.

But some people continue blaming China because of economical war between countries and racism. It wouldn't be rare that other countries like also may have found older cases in their countries but didn't make it public because of geopolitical reasons (to blame China).

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

For 4€ more I can get it delivered to my house on the release day... Why would I have the trouble to line up in the cold for a midnight release?
I'm not going to play it in the middle of the night anyway.

Bryank75

Banned
I doubt my local will do a midnight opening....

If there was one, I would go as long as there is 2 meter distancing and I would wear mask and gloves.

Shaqazooloo

Not sure why they won't, people are already lining up for various things already on top of doing pretty large gathering for other reasons. The people that don't want to line up will order online.

There's no scientific evidence saying that the world is flat, all the scientific facts prove the opposite. Regarding the covid, scientific evidence found covid in different samples from European countries (analyzed by universities, not flatearthers) as old November or so as I remember (not sure but I'd say they were Sweden, Italy and maybe UK), and in case of Barcelona March 2019.

But some people continue blaming China because of economical war between countries and racism. It wouldn't be rare that other countries like also may have found older cases in their countries but didn't make it public because of geopolitical reasons (to blame China).

Some people?
Is the origin of the virus, is writing everywhere, the virus even have a DNA and a sequence for tracking. That’s how they check how the virus mutate from Asia to Europe.

Is like Spanish Flu, from Spain....
Or Ebola from Ebola river, Zika from Zika forest... and go on.

Anyways , too much off topic.

kretos

Banned
I'd love to see this madness again

AiHdh0u.gif

Breakage

Never lined up for a console.
Also why take the risk of walking the streets with a highly advanced, highly desirable, expensive computer entertainment system?

Last edited:

Aranea

I go outside mostly for the basic stuff such as buying food, depositing cash on the bank, job. I will order the PS5 online if i get the chance as those will more than likely be sold out fast.

Top Bottom