• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF? Why did no one tell me there was a Mega Man Legends clone being made?

JordanN

Banned
People always get attached to the wrong things of nostalgia. The shitty graphics of late 90s/early 2000s are not what I would want from a new Mega Man Legends. I like the art style of MML, but if a new one was made, I'd want it modernized to look like a new game. Not some 20 year old game ffs.
You have to keep budget in consideration.

Consider that Capcom cancelled Mega Man Legends 3 when it was made for PS2-level hardware. I wouldn't expect the series to make the jump to proper HD or have next gen visuals when it's still a niche series.

Hell, if we could have a lot more games come back with PS1/N64 tech, that would be a good thing. Because the alternative in today's AAA climate is they don't exist at all.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Looks horrific

At least it'll run at 120hz on next gen consoles
The charm of the original series is that it was like Pixel Art in 3D, so I'm not sure why it's now seen as a bad thing.

It's better they use that as a foundation then trying those god awful "real" versions of Mega Man Capcom once sought.

P9P3epD.jpg

Last edited:
God I would love for another megaman legends. I fuckin loved the art style and feel and general atmosphere.

Too bad the video says early on the guy who made it isnt working on it anymore and doesn't know if they'll come back.

if he does come back he needs to make them footsteps clunkier :p

Top Bottom