• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wreckfest PS5 Version 4K 60FPS Gameplay

I'm loving it , feels like a new game at 60 fps , i love the dual sense features, i have 2 complaints, 1st no save transfer and 2nd the photo mode suffers from V sync issues that the ps4 din't have.

Calverz

Lol the dual sense features are throwaway to me and actually concerns me going forward for longer races such as GT7. The overall bigger size means I'm stretching more to brake and use analog stick at same time. The resistance in holding down right trigger also gives me fatigue concerns during endurance races on Gran Turismo going forward. Of course I can turn this off, but that defeats the purpose. The feedback on the xbox impulse triggers is far more appealing to me. Of course the dual sense has haptic motors however this style of rumble on the triggers themselves is so subtle.

I compared the impulse triggers on xbox versus the trigger on dual sense when you get eaten in RE Village. The vibration on xbox was much more profound than the small, shallow haptic vibration from triggers on dual sense.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Lol the dual sense features are throwaway to me and actually concerns me going forward for longer races such as GT7. The overall bigger size means I'm stretching more to brake and use analog stick at same time. The resistance in holding down right trigger also gives me fatigue concerns during endurance races on Gran Turismo going forward. Of course I can turn this off, but that defeats the purpose. The feedback on the xbox impulse triggers is far more appealing to me. Of course the dual sense has haptic motors however this style of rumble on the triggers themselves is so subtle.

I compared the impulse triggers on xbox versus the trigger on dual sense when you get eaten in RE Village. The vibration on xbox was much more profound than the small, shallow haptic vibration from triggers on dual sense.
Outside of astro bot, and what I hear from returnal the dualsense has been pretty wack IMO.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Thanks, i forgot to turn that on.
Now i can't wait to go home and try it
The developers really made an effort and it shows. Damage to the gearbox, engine, suspension and wheels flying off make the triggers behaviour crazy stiff and random. Its not as simple as instant stiffness of triggers its gradual depending on the damage etc but it really makes the dualsense shine as good as Atro's Playroom imo.

Last edited:
Did you have a normal PS4? I had the Pro and never saw screen tearing. 🤔
Oh sorry ! My mistake i was thinking about anti aliasing , yeah true the ps4 din't have any screen tearing , i only noticed the screen tearing on ps5 when i was playing in the arena , but i only played maybe half hour, i tried a few races i din't notice any screen tearing..

Issues with this update after playing it for a few weeks

The game needs crossplay bad as it’s dead at times …I’m not sure if it’s a PlayStation thing but there are many more full lobbies on Xbox and crossplay would Fix it

dual sense is crap on this game and only really kicks in when your car is fucked and then it becomes annoying

screen tearing issues can be annoying on some tracks as it distorts the apex on approach

mics on the ps5 controller are really annoying in this game as everyone seems to be pulling cones or having a domestic in the background

Random crashes in tournaments are really annoying especially after grinding a mode to get gold trophy’s

hope they are looking into these issues

sainraja

I might have to give this game another try but I didn't like the way it controls. Something just didn't feel right about it, but maybe I just need to get used to it.

I might have to give this game another try but I didn't like the way it controls. Something just didn't feel right about it, but maybe I just need to get used to it.
My advice would be to play with the car tuning
And turn off all the assists apart from stability

I might have to give this game another try but I didn't like the way it controls. Something just didn't feel right about it, but maybe I just need to get used to it
Maybe you should! I love it , i think it controls perfectly , it is a demolition derby game , all the cars controls differently ..some i hate , some some i like just like in any car games.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
What is this game? Is there actual racing, or is it a destruction derby? If it's the former I'll download my PS+ copy, otherwise I'll pass.

Ribi

Issues with this update after playing it for a few weeks

The game needs crossplay bad as it’s dead at times …I’m not sure if it’s a PlayStation thing but there are many more full lobbies on Xbox and crossplay would Fix it

dual sense is crap on this game and only really kicks in when your car is fucked and then it becomes annoying

screen tearing issues can be annoying on some tracks as it distorts the apex on approach

mics on the ps5 controller are really annoying in this game as everyone seems to be pulling cones or having a domestic in the background

Random crashes in tournaments are really annoying especially after grinding a mode to get gold trophy’s

hope they are looking into these issues
You can mute people with the PlayStation button and go down to sound

Thief1987

What is this game? Is there actual racing, or is it a destruction derby? If it's the former I'll download my PS+ copy, otherwise I'll pass.
It's both, there are racing and destruction events with various win conditions. Racing events is a bigger part of campaign, something like 2/3 i think.

bender

What time is it?
I'll have to toy around with the options, the dualsense intensity felt really mild with the default values.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Just downloaded this. Is the game supposed to be hitching and stuttering like hell on the first event with the lawnmowers? The races after that seem smooth (albeit with a little tearing), but that first event was not a good experience.

Also, I feel like the game explains absolutely nothing about itself, you're just thrown in there with no instructions. But that's a separate matter.

Last edited:
Just downloaded this. Is the game supposed to be hitching and stuttering like hell on the first event with the lawnmowers? The races after that seem smooth (albeit with a little tearing), but that first event was not a good experience.

Also, I feel like the game explains absolutely nothing about itself, you're just thrown in there with no instructions. But that's a separate matter.
No problems here , smooth as fuck , most of the screen tearing happens when i go in the photo mode .

Did you try that specific event?
yeah! i tried the lawnmower event many times , everytime it was freaking smooth,
i played hours and hours for the past 3 days , its smooth for me , it never stutters , like i said the only problem is the screen tearing in photo mode . hopefully they fix it

RoadHazard

Gold Member
yeah! i tried the lawnmower event many times , everytime it was freaking smooth,
i played hours and hours for the past 3 days , its smooth for me , it never stutters , like i said the only problem is the screen tearing in photo mode . hopefully they fix it

Seems unlikely that it would only happen on my PS5... I also watched a few videos of people playing this event, and they had the same constant stuttering that I'm seeing. It's especially evident when a lot of lawnmowers are in view at once. Maybe you're just not as sensitive to it, which is nice for you!

I've not noticed and I sit a few feet from a 65 inch screen. Not saying its not there, just say it's clearly not bad enough for me to notice.
When i set the damage to extreme , i try not to get hit as much so when all the cars show up on screen the tearing starts but its soo much fun i don't even care about the tearing!

Dug this old thread up just to say Wreckfest doesn't tear anymore thanks to VRR support on PS5. Tearing isn't too common anyway in the campaign, but online it can crop up quite a bit. The unsupported VRR mode on PS5 works like a charm. Saw the frame rate drop, no tearing, no stuttering... good stuff.

Top Bottom