• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wreckfest PS5 Version 4K 60FPS Gameplay

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
Your confusing specs with optimizations. Console games are well optimised they arent just thrown out and forgoten like pc games.
You should read what you quote. That is exactly what I implied in my post. Thanks for the thoughts!

SkylineRKR

I've just installed it on my PS5 and played it for a bit. Those jaggies are horrible, jesus.

Load times are fairly short. Haptics feel good. Game plays well, but the shimmering is something else.

EDIT: it seems to be just Big Valley so far that looks awful.

Last edited:
I'm not a huge racing fan but had a really great time with this on PC. Will definitely claim this on PS+ and try it on the big screen.

Thief1987

I've just installed it on my PS5 and played it for a bit. Those jaggies are horrible, jesus.

Load times are fairly short. Haptics feel good. Game plays well, but the shimmering is something else.

EDIT: it seems to be just Big Valley so far that looks awful.
Yeah, it's strange to see game without TAA in 2021.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Many high praises! Should download the game ASAP!

Personally I booted it up once or twice and it gets old after a few hours, no where near enough wrecking, controls pretty whack to forza, shit AI. Once you get out in front in racers no real skill requirement.

Good for a short burst of a new racing game but.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I played this on PC via Xbox Game Pass and it was not fun. While I’m sure a lot of people will look at the sizable list of improvements and think the eye candy will carry the lackluster gameplay, I think you’ll burn out just as fast as I did.

I think the premise of this game — or any wrecking game (RIP Destruction Derby!) — is fun , but .... meh.
Agreed. Far too little demolition derby and too much mediocre racing.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Personally I booted it up once or twice and it gets old after a few hours, no where near enough wrecking, controls pretty whack to forza, shit AI. Once you get out in front in racers no real skill requirement.

If you want Forza then play Forza.

This isn't Forza and was never meant to be. It's more akin to a spiritual successor to the destruction derby games. Half the events aren't even races and you saying you had an easy time of it tells me you didn't even change the difficulty settings.

It's a great fun arcade game.

Is this from the creators of FlatOut?

Yep.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

I liked Destruction Derby 2 much more at the time, it was a more difficult game and also faster. Wreckfest is better than Destruction Allstars though.

Mattyp

Gold Member
If you want Forza then play Forza.

This isn't Forza and was never meant to be. It's more akin to a spiritual successor to the destruction derby games. Half the events aren't even races and you saying you had an easy time of it tells me you didn't even change the difficulty settings.

It's a great fun arcade game.

Yep.

If I wanted Forza I would play Forza, I play Horizon, Motorsport and Dirt all on the highest difficulties racing games are my past time. The AI being easy once you’re out in front has everything to do with just poor AI and other aspects of the game since they’ll still be ‘wrecking’ each other while you’re in the clear.

There isn’t enough destruction for me for it to be spiritual successor of DD, it feels caught in the middle as an arcade wreck game and that’s fine to do it’s own thing but it has its flaws.

Zoro7

Banned
If I wanted Forza I would play Forza, I play Horizon, Motorsport and Dirt all on the highest difficulties racing games are my past time. The AI being easy once you’re out in front has everything to do with just poor AI and other aspects of the game since they’ll still be ‘wrecking’ each other while you’re in the clear.

There isn’t enough destruction for me for it to be spiritual successor of DD, it feels caught in the middle as an arcade wreck game and that’s fine to do it’s own thing but it has its flaws.
Ok Lewis Hamilton.

SkylineRKR

Its fine. I like the multiplayer. Its chaotic and fun to play. Don't mind wrecking myself either. Though I usually don't sit out a game if it happens early. Did some derbies and it was dumb fun. It actually does what Destruction Allstars should have done. Some cool crashes, a decent feel of impact and no on foot shit.

Kerotan

I played an hour or so there and completed the junior Cup. The game is a laugh and not the worst looking either. Happy to have it as a freebie. I'll try the online next week because it's broken atm. Servers overloaded.

Ribi

I mean the game begins when you enter the Mp. Clean racing or busses driving backwards its fun. Especially when you're that bus. If you want more wrecking there are 24/7 deathmatch servers online

Last edited:

Mojoraisin

I'll wait till they implement savegame transfer. I ain't grinding levels again.
Have they said any date on that or will they come when the update patch releases in June? I _just_ completed the whole campaign and unlocked cars and don’t want to start over again.

Also - why is you can’t mute all voice chat in multiplayer still or am I missing something?

Last edited:

Ribi

Have they said any date on that or will they come when the update patch releases in June? I _just_ completed the whole campaign and unlocked cars and don’t want to start over again.

Also - why is you can’t mute all voice chat in multiplayer still or am I missing something?
Push the ps button there's an option is sound or something to mute everyone

Certinty

Coming from the Xbox One X version, I can’t really notice any huge changes? Nothing drastic at least.

Markio128

I finished the first league in single player and it was pretty decent. The visuals are nice and sharp and the game is super smooth. I did find it a bit easy to finish in 1st, but I haven’t upped the difficulty yet and it was only the beginners league. The game did genuinely make me lol a few times, which has got to be a good thang. The figure of 8 track was super fun and reminded me of the PS classic Destruction Derby. I imagine it is great online.

60 FPS. 4K Resolution. Faster Loading Times. Enhanced Lighting. Improved Visual Effects. 24 Player Multiplayer. Controller Haptic Feedback.

The PlayStation®5 version offers the best Wreckfest experience on consoles ever and takes full advantage of the PlayStation®5's hardware power. Not only does the new version offer enhanced visuals such as dynamic dirt on vehicles, better textures, and improved visual effects. Additionally, it also runs with a wonderful 4K resolution at a smooth 60 frames per second. The multiplayer features 24 players now, for even more intense carnage on the race tracks.

Here is an overview of the added enhancements:

• Dynamic dirt on vehicles
  • Improved shadows, particles, and environment lighting
  • Higher resolution textures
  • Increased amount of foliage
  • Godrays
  • New visual effects for skidmarks
  • DualSense haptic effects
  • Much faster loading times

Wreckfest PS5 Version 4K 60FPS Gameplay

All I see is clean racing? The fuck is wrong with these people.

dano1

A Sheep
Yeah from what I've seen the driving looks pretty solid, I expected a floaty shit and goofy mechanics. Hope it has manual mode because that gameplay I can feel the AT shit in corners as I prefer to downshift and strike those corners!
If you run the AT the square button will downshift when you get to the corner. Works pretty good! But yes manual is better if you have the skills!

dano1

A Sheep

Good for a short burst of a new racing game but.!
AI is set for novice. Set to amateur for some really good racing and there’s one more level after that in case you need more challenge.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
If you run the AT the square button will downshift when you get to the corner. Works pretty good! But yes manual is better if you have the skills!

Man, this game is fucking fire! Use manual (my daily car is manual anyway), use preset 6 so the right analog is your shifter (L1 is clutch if needed to throw some force into your drift), turn off stability control and traction control, ABS make it full/half/off according to your taste but you have the R1 for handbrake anyway.

save_7.jpg

The game is pure driving pleasure! I'm having a blast with the game, and cars control more like a sim now! The best part is AI is dynamic, no rubberbanding BS.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Man, this game is fucking fire! Use manual (my daily car is manual anyway), use preset 6 so the right analog is your shifter (L1 is clutch if needed to throw some force into your drift), turn off stability control and traction control, ABS make it full/half/off according to your taste but you have the R1 for handbrake anyway.

save_7.jpg

The game is pure driving pleasure! I'm having a blast with the game, and cars control more like a sim now! The best part is AI is dynamic, no rubberbanding BS.
I didn't hype it up for nothing : )

Hmm, I don't know if my memory is failing me or if it's youtube compression, but this PS5 version looks jaggy and lower res, and less anisotropic filtering and longer loading times than what i played on gamepass on series X. Not starting a console war, just observing my thoughts. Did they announce any new PS5 enhancements? I'm confused.
Actually, the anisotropic filtering is really messed up at the moment. It's basically set to trilinear or something right now. It's non existent. Things just a foot in front of your car are blurry. The devs said they've taken note of the issue, but there's no time frame yet for when it will be fixed.

Edit: Apparently I spoke too soon. The updated patch is out now that fixes this issue.

Last edited:

I don't know about savegame transfer. I expect it somewhen in june. U can just turn down the controller speaker volume down.

One of the best car games I've ever played! This is what Destruction Derby should've become, this game is a masterpiece! I'll make a thread about it when I fully finish it and experience everything.
yep! it's in my top 3 racing games , soo much fun , i can only imagine Wreckfest 2 on Ps5

Bo_Hazem

Banned
yep! it's in my top 3 racing games , soo much fun , i can only imagine Wreckfest 2 on Ps5

Most notable thing is AI feels real. They are racing. Some games show more impressive graphics then give you garbage AI and cheap rubberbanding. Here the AI can fuck you up and lead by a massive margin and vice versa. Might by the DLC's just to support the devs.

Last edited:
Most notable thing is AI feels real. They are racing. Some games show more impressive graphics then give you garbage AI and cheap rubberbanding. Here the AI can fuck you up and lead be a massive margin and vice versa. Might by the DLC's just to support the devs.
yeah i like how every race is will play out differently , it's pretty much unpredictable

Bo_Hazem

Banned
So glad to see more people discovering and enjoying this game.

Arcade racing games are dead they said? You fools weren't looking in the right places.

It feels more sim than arcade, honestly, which is a good thing! It's a mix, best of both worlds! Gonna jump back because Career mode is so dense and generous in this game, reminds me of the good GT games.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I dont know what's going on with this.....I tried it about a week ago and was not impressed with how it looked, I swear it was the old ps4 version. So I left it alone once I saw they said the upgrades were not until June 1.
But now you guys are saying it was in fact the updated version? (Got it on ps plus)

ElCasual

I dont know what's going on with this.....I tried it about a week ago and was not impressed with how it looked, I swear it was the old ps4 version. So I left it alone once I saw they said the upgrades were not until June 1.
But now you guys are saying it was in fact the updated version? (Got it on ps plus)
I played yesterday (never touched in Plus) the graphics are nice (not great) and the dualsense is good.

Ribi

New update is out and it's also now out for Xbox s and x

Zoro7

Banned
Probably unpopular opinion but I find Dirt 5 more fun that this. There’s just no sense of speed in this game. Feels like all races are like 20mph. And the jaggies my god the jaggies. I did initially really like it but it got boring real quick.

Probably unpopular opinion but I find Dirt 5 more fun that this. There’s just no sense of speed in this game. Feels like all races are like 20mph. And the jaggies my god the jaggies. I did initially really like it but it got boring real quick.
They added AA to the latest update and I agree, it doesn't feel like you're driving very fast. Cars also feel really tippy like GTA IV

Top Bottom