• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wreckfest - PlayStation 5 Announce Teaser

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Big One Sport GIF by NASCAR

Kuranghi

Oooo, passed me by before so I will pickup for PS5, haptics could be great for smash-enhancement. Hopefully it has "more physics", whatever that might mean. Does the PC version have a slider for physics debris amount and/or accuracy? Just to indicate whether or not the current console releases might have that turned down and it would benefit from next-gen CPUs in that regard.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Destruction Derby rip off indeed, but seems very nice. It's on PS Now for those who have that $1 deal.
It's not a rip off, just because Destruction Derby was focused on car mayhem doesn't mean other series can't do the same thing. It's a spiritual successor to the Flatout series which came out from the same studio (until they lost the rights to the IP).

nemiroff

Gold Member
Best racing game I've played lately after Forza Horizon 4. But I for one am not going to pay for a relatively simple graphical patch that most other devs/pubs do for free (for the obvious synergy to drive further sales of the game and DLC).

Last edited:

Buhaj

Quite unexpectedly, this is one of my favorite games of the last generation in multiplayer mode (specifically Realistic servers).

Last edited:

Puskas

I hope there’ll be plenty of PS5s in stock by June by the time this update releases.

Wreckfest is among the best arcade racers from last-gen. Love it to bits.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

60 FPS. 4K Resolution. Faster Loading Times. Enhanced Lighting. Improved Visual Effects. 24 Player Multiplayer. Controller Haptic Feedback.

Current gen improvements are coming to Wreckfest.
Wreckfest is coming to PlayStation 5 on June 1st, 2021.

Owners of Wreckfest on PS4 can upgrade to the enhanced version on PS5 for $9.99 / € 9.99.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
So how is this coming to PS plus next week? That’s the PS5 game for May right?
It's strange that the devs are staying quiet about it in the comments even on their own channel. It may be possible that it's going to be a PS5 monthly game but still working as a BC PS4 game. It's like they give you the base game, but still expect to pay 10$ for the upgrade at the end of the month. I wouldn't want that.

Last edited:

Inviusx

I am going to play the shit out of this game. It's like the first PS Plus game I've been excited about in years.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Owners of Wreckfest on PS4 can upgrade to the enhanced version on PS5 for $9.99 / € 9.99.

Well that's bit shitty innit?

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
so under 30 is free? 🤡

You pay 30$ to play online, and it happens to come with 24 games per year. Even if it was 30$ only for the games, divided by 24 games a year is 1.25$ each.

But if you want to continue to deprive yourself from human traits such as common sense and rationality, and go for 🤡 logic instead, 1.25$ is indeed not free.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
You pay 30$ to play online, and it happens to come with 24 games per year. Even if it was 30$ only for the games, divided by 24 games a year is 1.25$ each.

But if you want to continue to deprive yourself from human traits such as common sense and rationality, and go for 🤡 logic instead, 1.25$ is indeed not free.
That logic. I hope you don't use credit cards ever. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

rofif

Banned
Did they ever patched back the playground tech demo map into the game?
I had more fun with that old tech demo rather than final game

CamHostage

Wreckfest is some sort of continuation of Flatout, which was legendary. Fuck I played it before going to uni and would gladly repeat that time.

Disconnecting for a sec from what we're talking about (and I hope this doesn't lead the thread astray,) but it'd be crazy if, some day, developer Bugbear flexed to bring a Nintendo Switch version/mini of Wreckfest, kind of like the impressive PSP version of Flatout (although credit for it on PSP should go to co-developer Six by Nine; Bugbear should leave the heavy work to a co-dev here too if Switch ever were to happen, I just want to see how hard the engine could be stretched down.)

Wreckfest on next-gen consoles though is really promising. This game has flown under the radar (it was in Early Access phases on PC forever, and then when it really released and later came to consoles it kept having to reintroduce itself and get people to notice again,) hopefully coming to next-gen and getting on PS+ works to get it over. They do good work, and this heavy-motor, physics-bound racing style is hard to find outside of what they do.

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

Yes free. I buy ps+ to play online games. Everything else is a wonderful surprise.

That's great you, but how about everyone else that doesn't have PS+?

That's like saying:

You: I'm watching Game of Thrones, free on HBO/Max 🤓

Everyone else: How dude? HBO/Max isn't free :pie_thinking:

You: I mean I'm subscribed to HBO/Max for Watchmen, so everything else is a wonderful surprise. 🤡

Everyone else: 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It's time to shift into an even higher gear. Wreckfest is OUT NOW on PlayStation 5.

Experience carnage in even higher definition, wreck online with up to 24 players, and crash in style with enhanced visuals, including dynamic dirt, better textures and improved visual effects.

Owners of Wreckfest on last gen consoles can upgrade to the enhanced current gen version for $9.99.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Is it true that the PS5 version started crashing massively after the latest patch?

I'm also disappointed they didn't figure out yet how to transfer saves. Looks like I'll have to be starting from scratch when I finally install it.

Is it true that the PS5 version started crashing massively after the latest patch?

I'm also disappointed they didn't figure out yet how to transfer saves. Looks like I'll have to be starting from scratch when I finally install it.
Yep….looks like a hot fix dropped but servers are pretty dead atm

FUBARx89

Yep….looks like a hot fix dropped but servers are pretty dead atm

Luckily I only had 1 crash last night, but did loose all engine noises for a few races which was wierd.

Like driving electric cars on the track 😂

I gotta do the online wins, which is bad enough without servers being dead.

Top Bottom