• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship - Announcement Trailer.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Thrust into the heart of the new WRC Season in WRC 9! With an enhanced Career Mode, 3 brand new rallies (Japan, New Zealand and Kenya), an even more realistic game experience and more content.

Thrust into the heart of the new WRC Season with WRC 9, the first game in the series coming to Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5!

Last edited:

GHG

Still haven't played 8 because it's stuck on the Epic games store. Let's see if they come to their senses this time round.

UnNamed

Banned
Latest WRC games from Kiloton were pretty bad in terms of graphics, but on the gameplay side are quite good.

Last edited:

drotahorror

I couldn't play WRC 8 because of how jerky it feels when you turn when playing @144hz. Maybe they'll fix it in WRC9? Maybe I'll just download the game, looks like they're still sucking Epic's dick.

Lort

Banned
“As close to reality as possible”... you know apart from the driving physics.

Richard Burns rally says hello.

Maybe one day this game wont suck.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

So where would you put this game compared to Dirt Rally? Im not the biggest sim fan and even though I appreciated Dirt Rally, the game for me was way too realistic as in one bad crash and Im done. I was hoping this is a more relaxed experience.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Still haven't played 8 because it's stuck on the Epic games store. Let's see if they come to their senses this time round.

I see this trendy, not buying games on Epic Games store. Why? Why would anyone care about the store if you're getting what you want from it?

GHG

I see this trendy, not buying games on Epic Games store. Why? Why would anyone care about the store if you're getting what you want from it?

It's a pile of shit and lacks basic functionality that we've become accustomed to on the PC through othe launchers, that's why. I bought it anyway and also bought it on the PS5 when it was on sale a couple of weeks ago.

No kidding, outside of astrbot, this game has the best DualSense implementation of any game I've tied yet, it's fantastic. It's still no substitute for playing with a wheel but it's the next best thing around at the moment, you can really get a feel of what the car is doing and the resistance on the triggers is great.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
It's a pile of shit and lacks basic functionality that we've become accustomed to on the PC through othe launchers, that's why. I bought it anyway and also bought it on the PS5 when it was on sale a couple of weeks ago.

No kidding, outside of astrbot, this game has the best DualSense implementation of any game I've tied yet, it's fantastic. It's still no substitute for playing with a wheel but it's the next best thing around at the moment, you can really get a feel of what the car is doing and the resistance on the triggers is great.

I was hesitant to get it for $24 few days back, damn.

• Empathy
Reactions: GHG

Skifi28

I got it and I'm about 15 hours in. It's an improvement from previous WRC games, but it's still in the "okay" range. The haptic feedback implementation is pretty good, I dislike the adaptive trigger one. The first time I damaged my car enough, I thought my controller's right trigger was broken. The physics are okay, but the bigger offender are the stages. Way too flat, most of the large rocks you see scattered on the road are cosmetic and don't affect driving. Some areas like sweeden are laughable, where are the famous snow banks?

The visuals are hit on miss. Some stages/light condition combinations look great, others look like a PS3 game or like the textures didn't load. There's also way too much pop-in for a PS5 game. It's servicable but not impressed.

Like previous games in the series, it suffers from a lack of stages. Basically there's a large 15+ km stage for every location which is then cut down into bits or reversed to create the rest of the stages. After a few hours you'll recognise running the same corners again and again. It doesn't help that in the career mode, you can run the exact same stage twice back to back. Just why?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Next time it's on sale get it.

If you have any interest at all in off road driving/racing (or racing games in general) then you'll have a great time with this.

Offroading = Life.

DJI-0666.jpg

And have many friends who are Rally veterans who won international titles like Baja Cross-Country. I'm only a nature guy, though.

• Strength
Reactions: GHG
Top Bottom