• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WRC 10 - PS5 Gameplay

rubhen925

Got a review copy of the game today. Wanted to share some info and impressions:

- PS5 version install size is 33.88 GB
- Game has weird launch date situation. Apparently NA get the game release on the 7th, and the rest of the world gets the release today.
- Game has 3 modes. Balanced, High Resolution, and 120 Hz mode.
- High Resolution is 4K 30FPS
- Balanced is dynamic 4K at 60FPS
- 120 Hz mode which i couldn't test because I don't have a supporting monitor or capture card, is confirmed to be 120 FPS at 1080p by PR
- No in game HDR option. Using HDR on PS5 setting for my TV. Used it for the capture
- Never played a WRC game and this one was like a kick to the balls. Game is very strict with turns and corners. Goes for realism and so you got to be careful when driving
- rain and snow causes you to skid easily.
- one thing I did notice is heavy rain and snow causes slight screen tears when turning. Only time I noticed it.

If there's anything else, I'll add it here. Feel free to ask questions. Cheers

Markio128

I‘ve played and enjoyed WRC9 quite a bit, so I was looking forward to this game enough to get it day one. However, WRC10 appears to have worse screen tearing than you allude to, at least on the PS5 version. The outer car views are the worst culprits, but the in car views I don’t really notice it. Regardless, I hope the devs add a patch or two because I have to say that WRC9 performance was much better.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
So does the game have HDR issues like WRC 9? Some stages were way too dark (I'm talking about the PS5 version) and I actually completed a lot of them with headlights turned on to see more.

Last edited:
I haven't seen any info on whether you can upgrade versions. WRC 9 had a free upgrade to ps5 and I think the Xbox version is auto upgraded but I have the PS4 version coming...

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Glad Codemasters got the WRC license for 2023 to 2027 (even if they're part of EA now).

Looking forward to Dirt Rally 3.

Theyll probably call it Dirt WRC, WRC Rally or something.
They have the official license so theyll have to actually name the game with WRC.

It is kinda sad for KT Racing they had finally really got their games to be great they were approaching being a 9 outta 10 game.
I expect WRC 11 to be a really good game only for the license to leave them.
From my understanding they will continue the series just without the license but without the WRC license people wont know its even a good do, theyll think KT Rally (no idea what theyll call it) is some knockoff Rally title.

The game looks fun to handle though. But the 30fps mode is the default? How stupid is that? And the 60fps is actually hidden with "balanced mode", they should make the 60fps default, particulary when a 120hz mode exists.

Also when it snows the reflections make the road look like a mirror. It's way too much.

Theyll probably call it Dirt WRC, WRC Rally or something.
They have the official license so theyll have to actually name the game with WRC.

It is kinda sad for KT Racing they had finally really got their games to be great they were approaching being a 9 outta 10 game.
I expect WRC 11 to be a really good game only for the license to leave them.
From my understanding they will continue the series just without the license but without the WRC license people wont know its even a good do, theyll think KT Rally (no idea what theyll call it) is some knockoff Rally title.
Maybe they'll call it V-Rally again, that name has some value.

Btw., although I prefer Dirt Rally this WRC 10 should still be better than Dirt 5. So if someone is eager for some pure Rally on his PS5 then WRC 10 is adequate I guess.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Maybe they'll call it V-Rally again, that name has some value.

Btw., although I prefer Dirt Rally this WRC 10 should still be better than Dirt 5. So if someone is eager for some pure Rally on his PS5 then WRC 10 is adequate I guess.

Ohh yeah i forgot KT racing had V-Rally in their back pocket.

But yeah Dirt Rally 2.0 is an absolute trip.
With a WRC license tied to it Dirt WRC will be an absolute beast of a game.
Im already stoked for the game and it isnt even in development yet.
And Cody already have the World RX license.....damn!

sncvsrtoip

wrc 8 was really good, wrc 9 was same game + not so many new stages but bought it because of ps5 support (60fps + one of best usage of dualsense), from what I see wrc 10 is again same game so pass this year

Top Bottom