• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Kagey K

Banned

i agree with this Rick Flair should not be wrestling anymore,big liability.
He should have hung it up when Shawn retired him, but the old carny guys constantly think they have 1 run left in them.

Just look at Jerry Lawler having a heart attack at ringside after a match.

OR Mae and Moolah in 99/2000.

Last edited:

Bullet Club

A friend of Naomi:

cW86Thp.png

NickFire

I'm struggling to understand why the locker room would have no sympathy for Sasha. I get not going on record about it, and I get trying to be professional. I just don't get how more than a small handful of wrestlers would think anything positive about how the shows have been booked in recent years. Do they not realize the money being left on the table by horrible booking? Just a smidgen of consistency in treating lesser valued titles and champions as the top of their spot on the cards would go a LONG way towards making the show better and more lucrative for talent.

AX8

Banned
AEW was fantastic on Wednesday, so many great matches. I love that it's a few days after Raw to remind people what a good wrestling show is weekly.

Majukun

I'm struggling to understand why the locker room would have no sympathy for Sasha. I get not going on record about it, and I get trying to be professional. I just don't get how more than a small handful of wrestlers would think anything positive about how the shows have been booked in recent years. Do they not realize the money being left on the table by horrible booking? Just a smidgen of consistency in treating lesser valued titles and champions as the top of their spot on the cards would go a LONG way towards making the show better and more lucrative for talent.
wrestlers are still paid employee that have to make business for the good of everyone.
sometime "business" doesn't go in your favor, that doesn't mean you shoul sabotage the show and by extension everyone working there because of it..

if you don't like how you are treated, ask for a release

AX8

Banned
Naomi and Banks stripped of their titles, suspended. Good I guess.

Sad to see Riddle and Orton lose their title.
Riddle and Orton is just leading to their 1 on 1 at SummerSlam, them being the first unified tag champs would have done nothing for them, now the Bloodline have all the big titles, and each member has 2.

Dthomp

I'm actually a little sad going into DoN, I haven't been this...Unhyped? for a AEW PPV ever. Hangmans title reign has been worse then the drizzling shits, and I would argue every champion (outside of Jade) is beyond uninteresting. I don't expect Punk to leave with the belt, but I fucking hope he does. I fear that Khan is gonna keep drawing out a Hangman turn until whatever time frame that kenny can eventually return. Get the belt off of him, let him turn and go back down the card where he belongs. Honestly, alot of these matches happening feel like they could just be on Dynamite, not really "INTO" any of the story arcs we have going.

As far as Miz goes, how is a bow and arrow stretch a hard maneuver for a pro wrestler? Isn't that some basic shit that almost every wrestler could do in the 80s? I don't understand how we as fans reached a point where we pretended the Miz hasn't ALWAYS been a terrible wrestler, just a decent promo at times. Should have been budget cut a long time ago and wouldn't have had to lose so much extra talent with what they throw at him to be in the Marine 693.

dave_d

As far as Miz goes, how is a bow and arrow stretch a hard maneuver for a pro wrestler? Isn't that some basic shit that almost every wrestler could do in the 80s?
Well to be fair I'm not surprised given that the announcers didn't even know what that move was called. (I forgot what they called it but it was clear they didn't know what it was called.)

Dthomp

Well to be fair I'm not surprised given that the announcers didn't even know what that move was called. (I forgot what they called it but it was clear they didn't know what it was called.)
After only recently started watching raw I’ve noticed their head announcer is awful at calling the moves. Terms I’ve ever heard before for basic holds. It’s just not as noticeable because the whole raw team is beyond awful

AJUMP23

I am sure I will get the Double or nothing ppv. But I don't know that there is really anything interesting. Maybe the BPCC and JAS match. But that is about it.

RaptorGTA

I'm actually a little sad going into DoN, I haven't been this...Unhyped? for a AEW PPV ever. Hangmans title reign has been worse then the drizzling shits, and I would argue every champion (outside of Jade) is beyond uninteresting. I don't expect Punk to leave with the belt, but I fucking hope he does. I fear that Khan is gonna keep drawing out a Hangman turn until whatever time frame that kenny can eventually return. Get the belt off of him, let him turn and go back down the card where he belongs. Honestly, alot of these matches happening feel like they could just be on Dynamite, not really "INTO" any of the story arcs we have going.

Last night was the first night ever that my family didn't watch AEW. We always watch it live, but last night we sort of forgot/just didn't care. We will watch it..maybe tonight or tomorrow but yea. Just not feeling it. I know the PPV will be good but I am not anywhere nearly has hyped as the last few.

I feel bad for Hangman a bit. His matches have been awesome when he does complete...but I don't think he's been a great champion in terms of character or story. In fact, his latest engagement with Punk has been the most interesting he has been for me...but much like WWE booking..we all know how this match will go. Punk will lose. I love for Punk to win but it isn't gonna happen.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Does MJF really think he's got a big-money contract in the WWE waiting on him? TK should just pay him then. He blew millions on ROH for seemingly no reason.

dave_d

Wasn't the deal with Jarrett that he didn't hold them up to get paid extra and actually held them up to get paid the money he was already owed? I kind of remember the deal was the WWF would actually pay over months for all their royalties and such instead of a lump sum when you left.

Bullet Club

Wasn't the deal with Jarrett that he didn't hold them up to get paid extra and actually held them up to get paid the money he was already owed? I kind of remember the deal was the WWF would actually pay over months for all their royalties and such instead of a lump sum when you left.
That's what happened. Double J just wanted to get his money straight away.

Dthomp

Does MJF really think he's got a big-money contract in the WWE waiting on him? TK should just pay him then. He blew millions on ROH for seemingly no reason.

I'm in the minority, but fuck him. Don't extend and just pay him to sit at home at this point. Dude signed an extension early on and wants another one? Sets a bad example, and honestly...you signed a contract. Honor it, sounds like he was offered a raise but had to add time, that's how contracts work in sports. Maybe shooting your mouth about a bidding war wasn't the best way to negotiate a raise when 1) You're basically Miz in the ring, and 2) Your gimmick doesn't work in WWE and its PG style.

The reason you don't get paid like Punk and Danielson is because you aren't Punk and Danielson. Even if WWE takes a chance on him after all of this, how can you trust the guy the second he isn't happy, and lets be honest WWE only pushes 1 dude at a time, and it won't be you past your new shiny phase.

Feel bad for Wardlow if this falls apart. I don't see him being Goldberg or Brock levels of over for the long haul, but he's red hot right now, and not having an MJF to destroy derails him alot. If MJF bails, maybe TK can add him to the TNT title match and have him destroy them all and have a dominant run there.

So I didn't manage to catch up with the Dynamite/Rampage in time for the PPV so I just went back to the beginning of AEW and started working from there. Maybe I'm dumb but okay so you got this All In/Out, and now I'm onto Fyter Fest 2019... I've heard some references to something called Ring of Honor. And now there's a bunch of CEO(?) references at this one I'm watching now... Maybe none of that really matters. It seems like there's not too much uhhh angle-wise that I really need to know.

But what nobody has explained on these shows yet is why was Cody hitting a skull throne with a big ol' mallet. Now he's coming out in a shirt commemorating said event. What's that about and how is anyone supposed to know? Was it on TV somewhere or is this just like... you had to go to these independent shows with like 50 people in the crowd?

dave_d

So I didn't manage to catch up with the Dynamite/Rampage in time for the PPV so I just went back to the beginning of AEW and started working from there. Maybe I'm dumb but okay so you got this All In/Out, and now I'm onto Fyter Fest 2019... I've heard some references to something called Ring of Honor. And now there's a bunch of CEO(?) references at this one I'm watching now... Maybe none of that really matters. It seems like there's not too much uhhh angle-wise that I really need to know.

But what nobody has explained on these shows yet is why was Cody hitting a skull throne with a big ol' mallet. Now he's coming out in a shirt commemorating said event. What's that about and how is anyone supposed to know? Was it on TV somewhere or is this just like... you had to go to these independent shows with like 50 people in the crowd?
Basically Cody and the Bucks were major fixtures in Ring of Honor which helped launch things for AEW. The CEO thing was when AEW started Cody, the Bucks, and Omega were made executive VPs.(But Khan pretty much took over most things since he owned it.) The throne thing was a reference to Triple H and being kept down in WWE.

Top Bottom